Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Tremor Bros.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MadHamish
Watched Smokin' Aces last night, and instantly recognized the fact that the Tremor Bros. NEED to be statted up as an encounter for my game. The question is, how? I initially thought I'd stat them up as three different metas (from the same momma like in the movie) a dwarf, an ork, and a troll. But then I thought they might make better straight-up human Humanis sociopaths to match up with the Neo-Nazism of the characters. Regardless, they MUST tear up my team.

[ Spoiler ]

Thoughts?
Ancient History
Best use of Ben Affleck, ever?
SuperFly
Definately the most bad ass cyberpunk killers in that flick.

Smokin' Aces is a must-see.
Serial_Peacemaker
Funnily I think just about every team in that movie were more or less a different approach to being a runner. Also I should point out that you could always have them all be Orks that have a strong Sons of Sauron bent.
eidolon
tangent

But is it any good? Does it have a plot at all? Or is it just visuals, action, and weak dialog? I haven't heard anything very extensive one way or the other, but we almost rented it last night. What stopped me was that the synopsis lacked...a decent synopsis.

/tangent
Serial_Peacemaker
Well I don't know, the plot isn't very complicated. The real fun is you basically get several groups that are not aware they are all racing each other to the target. They all basically start running into each other with explosive results.
Backgammon
QUOTE (eidolon)
tangent

But is it any good? Does it have a plot at all? Or is it just visuals, action, and weak dialog? I haven't heard anything very extensive one way or the other, but we almost rented it last night. What stopped me was that the synopsis lacked...a decent synopsis.

/tangent

ANY GOOD??? PLOT???

THIS
IS
SPARTA!!!

*kick eidolon down a well*

(ok, different movie, but same point)
eidolon
biggrin.gif

Gotcha.
mfb
yeah, the plot isn't complex or anything, but it's solid and well-executed, and the interplay between the various parties in it is truly great.
Crakkerjakk
Not an incredibly complex plot, but there actually IS a plot, which was a lot more than I was expecting. I highly recommend the movie.

I also agree with the statement that each of the teams of assassins represents different approaches to running, different character archetypes. Especially in their varying reasons for taking the job, aside from the money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012