Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for program
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Meriss
Ok I need a program for my PbP chars commlink.
It needs to be able to
1. Search for big words like a dictionary. (My char's a troll)
2. Access and search the 'Trix for basic explanations of certain concepts and ideas.
3. Distill all info into an easily readable or audible form.

Basically a combination of Ask.com and Google
Demerzel
I think it's called something like Browse.
Dread Polack
Yep. Browse. That's the one.
Moon-Hawk
Or, if that's too difficult for an incompetent character, an Agent running Browse. smile.gif
Meriss
Cool, does Uneducated apply in this situation?
Demerzel
Yes...
Jaid
in that case, i might consider just investing in a lot of knowsofts.
Meriss
Ok the agent it is. Thanks for the assist all!
Ravor
However keep in mind that even with an Agent holding your character's hand, your DM would still be justified in wacking your uneducated character with a club made out of those 20 BP, remember that you are considered Unaware of basically most of the things modern life consists of, and I envision your Agent slowly trying to explain step-by-step how to start a car and your character not understanding the difference between a button and a knob.

Still, I'd rule that such a set-up is an excellant way to buy off the Uneducated Flaw, provided that your character is of at least normal intelligence.

Meriss
Heh I have a decker contact so I figure, that my good buddy made/copied/stole the code for an agent. My contact knows how thick I am and (hopefully) made the appropriate mods. (although with Karma I have a Logic of 3)

Thanks for the RP Idea Ravor!
Ravor
*chuckles* Aye, don't get me wrong, I think that your idea is smart and very clever, but it just isn't one that I'd allow to actually work in any game that I ran unless you were using this as the reasoning for being able to buy off Uneducated.

But then again I tend to be very hard-line with both the Uneducated and Infirm flaws.

*Edit*

Your welcome Meriss, and good hunting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012