Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adventures with BUGS!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
OrionPax
I'm currently in a pickle.

I want to start my new players out with some intrigue and give them something to remember..

so setting the game at about 2054 sounded like a great idea. I would start them on the whold Brotherhood/bug story arc, and lead them to chicago where they would go on a romping adventure taking the place of the main character from the book Burning bright.

Problem is that even though I'm REALLY familiar with the bugs, the book, and chicago in general. I don't know which adventure to start them out on where they wont get a major whiff of the level that the bugs have gotten to.

I have all of the major adventures.

Queen Euphoria, Missing Blood and double exposure, but which to run and in what order before sending them to Chicago?

Help please?
fistandantilus4.0
I like Double Exposure personally. Are you set on running the pre-made modules, or have you considered writing your own campaign.
Ancient History
I myself have a nostalgic preference for Queen Euphoria, followed sometimes later by Missing Blood.

For a really fun trick, try moving Double Exposure to Chicago during the period immediately before the Cermak Blast. The runners may think the adventure is over, when they see a flash on the horizon...
tisoz
I run them in chronological order which is: Queen Euphoria, Missing Blood, then Double Exposure. Queen Euphoria and Missing Blood take place very near each other, and because I feel Queen Euphoria can be a bit too much for a some new groups, I might run Missing Blood first.
Thane36425
I have run them Missing Blood, Queen Euphoria and Double Exposure. The raid in Queen Euphoria attracted the attention of the UCAS and Ares. It wasn't until Double Exposure when those power caught up to the runners. After that, they were offered a contract to help with the bug problem, to include gear, training, spells, etc. Of course, the runners also couldn't breathe word one about it. They took it and ran several small runs of my own, wiping out small nests. Imagine their surprise when they were handling a secondary target in Chicago when it all went to pieces.
Wounded Ronin
My adventures are full of bugs which I have to correct on the fly....

Uh, no, wait. I mean, if you're going to have bugs I think that you will need a HeroQuest style board with tunnels and line of sight so that bugs can be leaping out at the party at very well defined points. Alien 2 wouldn't have been Alien 2 if we didn't have tunnels and things leaping out from close. I think bug devourship only works when all this stuff is well defined.

You could also have the players be able to use some kind of experimental pulse rifle. rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012