Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multi Tasking Again
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nathanross
Okay, while it has been established that an astrally percieving adept with multitasking still recieves the -2 DP modifier for physical actions, how does it affect spellcasting/sustaining for mystic adepts?

Since it allows you to ignore the -2 modifier for Perception while distracted and Observe in Detail as a free action, does it allow you 1 free sustained spell?

I dont really want to break this or anything, but I love this power along with Sustenance and Astral Perception, and want to make as much use out of it as possible.
The Jopp
I would say no since the sustaining of a spell is something that requires concentration and that's more than just distraction.

Imagine trying to balance a box on your head or wearing a shafing backpack. The first one requires concentration the other is a distraction.
G.NOME
Yeah, or trying to play chess without the chess board ("blindfold" game) while trying to do simple math problems at the same time. Different levels of complexity, but one requires much less concentration (for the average person) than the other.
Wasabi
If a sustained spell could be maintained for free as a free action, then yes. there is no language in the Multitasking adept power that lets you do anything other than Observe in Detail as a free action and get two free actions in non-combat.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Wasabi)
[...] and get two free actions in non-combat.

Which always struck me as odd. If there is no combat, there is usually no Action Phase, and thus, no Actions...
Jaid
hacking often has time broken down into rounds in non-combat situations actually.
Wasabi
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Apr 23 2007, 12:59 PM)
[...] and get two free actions in non-combat.

Which always struck me as odd. If there is no combat, there is usually no Action Phase, and thus, no Actions...

I have a character I'm about to play that plans on being a living encyclopedia and constantly reading while negotiating, reading while watching the news, monitoring two channels at once without loss of detail, etc, all using Multitasking. Sure, it may be throttled here and there but the basis in RAW is there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012