Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What abbreviation will we use?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Demerzel
So I'm wondering what abbreviation we'll use for Augmentation and Arsenal. We obviously can't use A for both of them, so the precident from SM isn't going to work.

I'm thinking Aug and Arse, but no matter how mature I consider myself, there's a part of me who wants to giggle every time I think of calling the book Arse.

Calling it Arse may lead to statements like:

"I left my Arse on the couch, then when I sat on it I broke the spine."
"I don't know the exact rule, but I'll check my Arse when I get home."
"I just pulled this rule out of my Arse."

Oh well, I'll probably call it Arse, even if the rest of the community decides on something else...
Method
notworthy.gif
hobgoblin
au, ar?

interestingly i think thats the chemical signs for gold and silver nyahnyah.gif
Demerzel
Ag is silver. Ar is Argon.
hobgoblin
hmm, oops...
eidolon
At first glance, I'd suggest ARS and AUG.
Shrike30
"Aug" works for me. Arsenal is 7 letters... not exactly hard to just type out.
Luddite
Hmmm... given how strenuously FanPro has stuck to their release schedule, how about we just call them Diablo 2 and Burning Crusade?
Rotbart van Dainig
As long as we don't have to call them DNF.
Crakkerjakk
ohplease.gif

Please lets not turn this thread into another "the books are late" v. "they're a small company/better late than crap" debate
Demerzel
Well, I didn't intend this to turn into a bash the release schedule thread. Other than this I'll leave the subject alone: Consider looking at the Sticked Shadowrun and Battletech thread for soem current events. I don't know the future, but I imagine past history won't be an indication of future delays...
Waterlog Thistlebottom
I'm probably going to end up calling them Aug and Arse... but with a capital A, se we can tell the difference.

Out of my Arse. Glorious biggrin.gif
Aaron
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
As long as we don't have to call them DNF.

Damn you; you stole my answer. =i)
Fezig
What would be worse, if it was DNF or Daikatana? Anyhow, Aug and Arsenal are my choices unless it happens to work out in a clever fashion to use Arse.
knasser

Get your gear in Arse? frown.gif

(Arse and Aug get my vote, incidentally).
Demerzel
Bravo!
Xenith
Arse it is! rotate.gif wobble.gif spin.gif rotfl.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Xenith)
Arse it is! rotate.gif wobble.gif spin.gif rotfl.gif

The only problem is, that we're all now suddenly desperate for Arse.

I'm not sure I'm happy about that.
DireRadiant
Arsenal = Gunners
Xenith
While I doubt I'll be calling it Arse all the time... it will likely always be in the back of my head and never cease to amuse me.
knasser

I agree. I think it has to be Arse. Whenever people think the comedy value has finally worn thin, there'll always be one more crack.
Demerzel
We need shirts that say, "I'm desperate for Arse" with the SR dragon logo in the background. I'm sure the IMR booth at GenCon would love to see a ton of those floating around the con.
PBTHHHHT
I like Arse. For Augmentation, AUG is a good abbreviation, but when I say it, I feel like pronouncing it as "AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!" heh. nyahnyah.gif
Demerzel
We need a pirate with a parrot smiley!
PBTHHHHT
Aha, so we can never have too many smileys. What we need a smiley butt for ARS and a pirate smiley for AUG. That way we just use those smileys to represent the books. silly.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
For Augmentation, AUG is a good abbreviation, but when I say it, I feel like pronouncing it as "AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!"  heh.  nyahnyah.gif

...I was thinking more along the lines of Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the football away just as he is ready to kick it...

AUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!! mad.gif
Fezig
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
For Augmentation, AUG is a good abbreviation, but when I say it, I feel like pronouncing it as "AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!"  heh.  nyahnyah.gif

...I was thinking more along the lines of Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the football away just as he is ready to kick it...

AUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!! mad.gif

Haha, Thats all I could think when I read that too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012