Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vehicles dodging
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
djinni
is there a roll for the rigger to "dodge" a ranged attack?
Kagetenshi
Yes. Standard driving test TN, modified by things like burst fire. You use Control Pool to dodge.

~J
Catsnightmare
So you can't dodge in a vehicle unless you're rigging?!

I'll have to make a note of that for SR3R
Eyeless Blond
Well yeah. I don't think it's too unreasonable to allow non-riggers to have Control Pool equal to their natural Reaction, possibly even enhanced by Reaction Enhancers but not Wired Reflexes, to use while driving. It'll certainly be the second thing I bring up when the SR3R's Driving/Rigging thread comes up (after suggesting we get rid of the god-awful Maneuver Score).
Kagetenshi
Actually, the more I think about the Maneuver Score the more convinced I become that it belongs in the game, but we can hash that out when the thread opens (which will probably be soon, issues are piling up).

~J
djinni
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Yes. Standard driving test TN, modified by things like burst fire. You use Control Pool to dodge.

does it also apply to weapons fired via a sensors test?
what page can I find it on?
Kagetenshi
Weapons are not fired via a sensors test, but you can dodge sensor-enhanced gunnery. Breaking a missile lock involves a Hiding test instead of a dodge.

As for page reference, that'd be SR3 page 149, Attacks Against a Vehicle.

~J
djinni
QUOTE (Catsnightmare)
So you can't dodge in a vehicle unless you're rigging?!

you use combat pool instead, the vehicle can't dodge...but you can...
Kagetenshi
Passengers and non-Rigger drivers can dodge, but they may only use half combat pool to do so (and that's all they get to soak with, too). However, that only applies to attacks against the passengers, not against the vehicle.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012