Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Improving Stats Where Metatype Is Concerned
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Leviathan
Ok, it states that upping an attribute requires Karma equal to 3xNew Rating.

Now, question. Does this mean that nonhumans are shafted?

ie, does this mean that if a Troll were to increase his Body from 6-7 (ie, the equivalent for a human increasing it from 1-2), that he has to pay 21 karma? Or is it more a case of the cost is related to your racial minimum, rather than zero?
FrankTrollman
The basic Karma costs do indeed shaft Trolls who fail their min/maxxing checks at first level.

Both Serbitar's BP = Karma system and my Karma = BP system address that problem in various ways.

-Frank
nathanross
Min-max like hell my big, horned friend. wink.gif
TheRedRightHand
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)

Both Serbitar's BP = Karma system and my Karma = BP system address that problem in various ways.

Are either of these online somewhere? If so could you please post a link?

Thanks.
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (TheRedRightHand)
QUOTE (FrankTrollman @ Apr 30 2007, 12:25 PM)

Are either of these online somewhere? If so could you please post a link?

Thanks.

Serbitar's rules are linked from his signature: Serbitar

My rules were discussed Here.

-Frank
fool
everyone complains that metahumans are overpowered anyways, this is one way to keep them balanced.
Xenith
Obviously, no one has seen what a human with 8 edge can do.
Demerzel
Yea, but that human has to deal with that extra cost associated with the increased stat the same way a meta has to deal with an enhanced stat... nyahnyah.gif
Athanatos
Ouch! 8 edge. Ye gods above!

"I use edge to blow the troll away with one shot."

"But you only have a firearms of 1 and an agility of 3"

BLAM

*on a side note I was rather surprised that dragons didn't have more edge lol. One would wonder whether great elves would be allowed to have more as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012