Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 4th print of SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Casper
I had a curiosity come to mind. Will the new print run of SR4 still carry the fanpro label of publishing or will it be under IRM? Does anyone know?
Demon_Bob
QUOTE (Casper)
I had a curiosity come to mind. Will the new print run of SR4 still carry the fanpro label of publishing or will it be under IRM? Does anyone know?

Eh?? Ok. What did I miss?
TheRedRightHand
You should head on over to the Shadowrun website for up-to-date info on current events.
fistandantilus4.0
DemonBob, read this thread.
Eryk the Red
4th print run says FanPro. I just saw it at Barnes and Noble yesterday.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)

...damn, looks like I picked the wrong week to take that retreat in Tibet.
Demon_Bob
Wow.
Demerzel
FanPro will continue to exist in it's own right, this deal is in regards to Shadowrun and Classic Battletech Only. The fates of Degennisis and The Dark Eye are not involved in this deal.

InMediaRes will be the new publisher and they will have their own Impress. I imagine new books will have the InMediaRes name on them.

You can also find a much more involved discussion on the Classic Battletech forums at:

http://forums.classicbattletech.com/
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)

Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop taking amphetamines.
Casper
QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ May 2 2007, 03:10 PM)

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stiop sniffing glue.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ May 2 2007, 03:10 PM)

...did it to cure my drinking problem & forget about George Zip.

[clink...,splash]

...bloody hell, not on the Armani!
Adam
Wow.  Will read entire thread later.  Hope that all Shadowrun publications still listed as FanPro.  Thereby having FanPro as an official subsidiary of IRM.  From what little I have seen of buiness dealings this is simpler, with less repercussions for a struggling company having little or no bad reutation, than having it actually change name.  Implying, the boss is different, employees might be rearranged some, but all contracts and deals are still valid.  Does this sound about correct?

Can not see any business reasons for changing the name as yet, but then it appears my head was in the sand on this one.

This is not correct. IMR is *not* acquiring FanPro LLC, the FanPro name, logo, or other assets. FanPro will not be becoming a subsidiary of IMR. IMR is not changing names, IMR is going to open a new imprint to publish Shadowrun and Classic BattleTech [and other future game products] under.

Let me say this again: FanPro LLC is *not* being sold to IMR.

Negotiations are still ongoing, so I can't speak of the branding of future products.

The Fourth Printing of SR4 is a FanPro product.
Save-vs-DM
QUOTE (Adam)
The Fourth Printing of SR4 is a FanPro product.

And is an excellent printing, a few spine issues aside. They fixed some of the typos, though a few still linger.

Shadow
They nerfed Ex-ex ammo. Now sadly it is less fun.
Kyoto Kid
...still pretty effective. Look what they did to Flechette, now that is pretty useless unless you plan to shoot up a swimsuit competition.

...just had a terrible thought...the Shadowrun Swimsuit Edition...such horror...the in[meta]humanity of it all...aghhhhh! eek.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
..thanks a lot. Now the pictures of Trolls going YMCA will torment my waking hours... dead.gif
Kyoto Kid
...well for a while everyone seemed to be talking about bringing the horrors to Shadowrun. Thought I'd get a head start.
knasser
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...still pretty effective. Look what they did to Flechette, now that is pretty useless unless you plan to shoot up a swimsuit competition.

...just had a terrible thought...the Shadowrun Swimsuit Edition...such horror...the in[meta]humanity of it all...aghhhhh! eek.gif

Now that's a great idea. We should get all the artistically talented people around here to do a swimsuit edition of Shadowrun. It would be a cool, and ridiculously funny project.

Yes - I'm serious!
Kyoto Kid
..Squinky, you up to it? grinbig.gif

<edit>

I'll volunteer KK, Tomoe, & Markova. Leela's a shy kind of gal & Violet is too Goth (unless it's black with fishnet accents).
Demerzel
The owner of my gamestore is making a "girls of" callendar. He draws up his always significantly well endowed characters while playing in demos.
Adam
Admin post: Open new threads for new topics that have absolutely nothing to do with the current thread.
Kyoto Kid
...new thread opened.

Shadowrun The Swimsuit Edition. Please make all future posts reklating to this topic there.

Thanks.
Bigity
Another printing? Damn, can we get the errors mashed out already please?
Adam
The Fourth Printing updated the book to the current errata: http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/resources/sr4/..._errata_v15.pdf

[Plus some fixed typos and stuff that aren't noted in the errata sheet.]
Thanee
Doh! You guys still didn't fix the Spirit of Air Initiative errata error (Reaction: F+4, Initiative: (Fx2)+4!), or is it just wrong in the errata file and correct in the book? wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Rotbart van Dainig
As Initative is Reaction + Intuition, for a Air Spirit depending on Force this would be (Force + 4) + Force ... which equals (Force x 2)+4.

So it's correct.
Thanee
Yeah, I know that that is correct. wink.gif

The errata says (Fx2)+3 for Initiative still (since what 1.2?), despite the error having been pointed out waaay ago already.

Bye
Thanee
Rotbart van Dainig
Oh.

Remember kids, there is no such thing as too much coffee before posting. dead.gif
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Bigity)
Another printing? Damn, can we get the errors mashed out already please?

They don't do a new press run just because they found some more errors. They do another press run because they've run out of books; it's just a convenient time to fix the aforementioned errors when they're printing a new run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012