Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun soundtracks?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shev
Every now and again this pops up on the boards, figured we were about due for a new incarnation. biggrin.gif

I really don't have many good suggestions for soundtracks for runs. The stuff at http://www.alarinmusic.com/music/shadowrun.php is quality stuff, though. I hope she makes some more Shadowrun flavored tracks soon.

Some music from Devil May Cry seems to fit in with Shadowrun. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust fits in with the more mystical side of things, but the techno is sadly lacking. Serenity's soundtrack (the Firefly movie) is pretty good too. Though, I'm pretty certain that Mal and his crew are closet runners anyways. biggrin.gif

I've been trying to track down this Alex Cremers Shadowrun CD I've heard about on the forums, but have had no luck at all. Also, I've heard mention of a "Shadowrun Concept Album" that was released only in Germany. If anyone has either of those, I'd love to get my grubby little hands on them. love.gif

What do YOU listen to when you run the shadows?
youngtusk87
Halo and Halo 2 soundtracks serve me well. Battlestar Galactica(the new series) has some phenomenal music. Almost anything from Hans Zimmer is gold, but in particular the Batman Begins and Gladiator soundtracks. If you can't tell, i'm really into the heavy drum-reinforced orchestrates when it comes to RP, mostly because it sets up a quick, action packed mood. I stay away from lyrics as much as I can.

If you're more in the mood for a bit of techno-esque tracks, I might suggest OverClocked Remix.org. It has fan made remixes of all your favorite video game theme songs, from NES era to present day. They have some really great stuff; my particular favorites are the Streets of Rage mixes. Most of it is electronic, but not exclusivly.

Amon Tobin(DJ name Cujo) has some great electronic music. Specificly, he did the soundtrack for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and it was a huge hit. Intense electronic mixed instrumentals made for dramatic espionage action.

I probably have more suggestions if you'd like some more, just message me.
bibliophile20
Soundtracks:
Halo
Halo 2
Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
Animatrix
Jade Empire
Serenity

and some Hoobastank and AFI.
G.NOME
Horror-type stuff:
Electric Wizard - Stuff from "Dopethrone" and the first track off of "Fanatics"
Wolf Eyes (anything)

General techno background:
Some M83 Sound and that Meat Beat Manifesto album "Subliminal Sandwich"
Fennez
RZA instrumental tracks (like the stuff on the Ghost Dog soundtrack)
Black Dice (new stuff) works especially well. It's modern and primitive at the same time in a way that a lot of other music never really can be.
Stewart Walker

Fantasy stuff:
Lord of the Rings Soundtrack? Sorry, don't have as much for this.
Old Ravi Shankar and Chinese music things. Tai Chi music works well
Also, the Vibracathedral Orchestra
Rick Wakeman actually did this CD of songs that were inspired by LOTR. I don't expect that anyone actually bought that.
youngtusk87
On the topic of Fantasy music, by far Elder Scrolls is my favorite.
You can buy(and download) them at DirectSong.com. You can listen to them for free to see if you like them.

If you want to download a couple for free, they have some for open download at the Elder Scrolls Website.
silentmaster101
i still like the genesis shadowrun's game for shadowrun, and the blade runner soundtrack.
deek
Oddly enough, when I first started running SR (back in 1st edition), we usually had Sir-Mix-Alot playing in the background...with the setting in seattle, it just kinda seemed to fit...it was a lot of his older stuff, but I swear, to this day, whenever I run a game, I kinda have his music in the back of my head!
Cheops
Cyberpunk by Billy Idol is one of my favorites for SR.
Bigity
QUOTE (deek)
Oddly enough, when I first started running SR (back in 1st edition), we usually had Sir-Mix-Alot playing in the background...with the setting in seattle, it just kinda seemed to fit...it was a lot of his older stuff, but I swear, to this day, whenever I run a game, I kinda have his music in the back of my head!

Seattle ain't bulls***in!
Synner
Visual Audio Sensory Theatre by VAST.
eidolon
Fight Club Soundtrack (Dust Brothers)

Most techno works pretty well for me. Also metal such as Fear Factory for combat and stuff.
deek
QUOTE (Bigity)
QUOTE (deek @ May 3 2007, 09:04 AM)

Seattle ain't bulls***in!

HA! Exactly...
Eryk the Red
I rarely actually play music during sessions, but for me, most of L7's music is pretty good for Shadowrun. I'm most likely to go for hardcore punk/metal type stuff, because it fits the way I see the setting. Also, I'm not really into a lot of electronic music, so I'd be unlikely to have much of that on hand. Though Juno Reactor would be pretty good.
Shev
Well, I found the Alex Cramer stuff. It's availible for a tiny fee at http://music.mp3hotfly.ru/albums/10261_Shadowrun.html. $1.10 for the album isn't too bad. Still have yet to find that German one, though...

EDIT: Pooh. They're not accepting American CCs at this time. Oh well.
Method
We use a lot of industrial especially Zeromancer, KMFDM and Nine Inch Nails (especially their new album Year Zero).
Trax
Personally, I wouldn't trust those Russian sites to buy stuff with my Creditcard.
Shev
Eh. I've been doing alright with www.allofmp3.com. The sites seem legit enough, anyways.
BrandedBandit
i'm a big fan of kmfdm and pig. no music while running, but driving to a run, i like to get pumped up.
Crakkerjakk
I know I'm the only person who plays shadowrun to ever think this, but Tupac really works well for Barrens Rat games. Good beats, lots of anti-authority overtones, and lots of attitude. Especially now with all the Orksploitation crap, if you're feeling ironic.
Cpt_Machine
I got the Deus Ex soundtrack downloaded off the web... thats pretty good.
kigmatzomat
I'm partial to VNV's fast stuff for action scenes and slower or instrumental for pacing, CruxShadows is good in bars or to set a mood, Kittie is gets used for thrashpunk settings, and Type-O Negative for darker. 5th Element, Crow, Terminator 2, and the Batman scores are good.
M-Rex
I always figured orxploitation rock to be akin to Statix-X.
nathanross
Orcs = Black People

Hasn't anyone ever gotten the metaphor. Thus black people's music is Orc's music.

(While I am a little bit racist, I look down on everyone equally)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012