Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC Roster 1
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
knasser

I decided, following the feedback I got on my adventure, that I'd upload a few of my NPCs to share. I've just done one block of them, which is a magical group in my campaign.

The direct download is here.

As always, I appreciate comments or stories of these NPCs used in your own game.

I'm particularly pleased with the ally spirit.

-K.
bibliophile20
*applauds* I love them, particularly Leo ("nebbishy"? "Armor Clothing That Wife Makes Him Wear"? rotfl.gif). I swear, I know guys like him.

The Ally Spirit is nice (out of general curiosity, would a merge with an animal have to eat, or would the organic part be sustained by the spirit?) and I know people like his master (far too many...). On a side note, about his upbringing, after he expressed his gifts, did he go out and have some fun, i.e. "raising cane"? biggrin.gif

I also know a fellow that could be the brother of Issac (and, no, his name is not Ishmael); a more straight-laced person I have never known. I visited his house for lunch once, and, even though he was cooking for 9 people, you still probably could have done surgery in his kitchen (he has a really good salmon recipe, though). That and I'm sure that he goes around with a protractor and a square and checks all his furnishings on a regular basis.
knasser
QUOTE (bibliophile20)
*applauds* I love them, particularly Leo ("nebbishy"? "Armor Clothing That Wife Makes Him Wear"? rotfl.gif). I swear, I know guys like him.

The Ally Spirit is nice (out of general curiosity, would a merge with an animal have to eat, or would the organic part be sustained by the spirit?) and I know people like his master (far too many...). On a side note, about his upbringing, after he expressed his gifts, did he go out and have some fun, i.e. "raising cane"? biggrin.gif

I also know a fellow that could be the brother of Issac (and, no, his name is not Ishmael); a more straight-laced person I have never known. I visited his house for lunch once, and, even though he was cooking for 9 people, you still probably could have done surgery in his kitchen (he has a really good salmon recipe, though). That and I'm sure that he goes around with a protractor and a square and checks all his furnishings on a regular basis.

Funnily enough, the original Isaac was a Geomancer. Sounds like your friend to the letter. smile.gif Wish I kept my kitchen in that state. I'm more of the shamanic cook, than hermetic. frown.gif

I honestly don't know if the ally spirit would need to eat. A True Form merge wouldn't, I'm 99% sure. A Flesh Form probably would. A hybrid is kind of a physical being infused with spirit energy / matter so it perhaps can but doesn't need to? I know this though - Crucible certainly would enjoy eating. PCs, preferrably. grinbig.gif

As to "raising cain" I have no doubt of it. And he probably still does. He's definitely a "Look at my car" sort of guy. Stick him in a club with the PCs, somewhere they can't have an out and out fight with him, and he'll really get on their nerves. My personal goal is to get a player to actually spend karma on raising knowledge skills just so they can pick up Haze.
snowRaven
Just did a quick glance for now, but it looks quite promising. I think these guys will fit nicely into my campaign, as I will need a magical security company/magical group soon and I haven't gotten around to making them.

Will give more feedback once I've read through it thoroughly.
HappyDaze
I just looked them over to get a sampling of Knowledge Skills. Sadly, it was a complete bust. frown.gif
knasser
QUOTE (HappyDaze)
I just looked them over to get a sampling of Knowledge Skills. Sadly, it was a complete bust. frown.gif

Yeah, sorry about that. I might actually go and add some knowledge skills at some point. But I've a tendency to skip over them in NPCs because they will so seldom come up and it's effort to think out 21 points knowledge skills. Mostly with NPCs I already have a good idea of what areas they know about and just role-play accordingly.

Flame would undoubtedly have a knowledge skill like "UCAS Market (Magic)" but can you see a GM needing to roll it?

Admittedly, if you're hoping to half-inch a list of knowledge skills for your own purposes, it doesn't help you much.

Sorry,

-K.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012