Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kazum
have i understood the armor rules right?

You only compare armor with the modified DV, and when the Armor Rating is equal or higher it will only be stun damage?

But when it is lower, what then? Full DV damage? Or can you use the armor rating + Body rating to resist DV? Body Rating of course, but + Armor rating?
Mooseh
You've managed to somehow make a sows ear outta wording that... lOL

But to clarify you always resist using body + armor (modified by ap)
but if the modified damage is over the modified armor than its physical damage it it isn't its stun damage.

Make sense?
Kazum
ou've managed to somehow make a sows ear outta wording that... lOL <- ?

i just read another time in the rules... ashes upon my head....

deek
You always want to compare the Modified DV against the Modified Armor.

IF Modified DV <= Modified Armor, THEN Damage is Stun.
IF Modified DV > Modified Armor, THEN Damage is Physical.

So, the modified DV has to EXCEED the modified armor in order to get Physical damage...anything else is treated as stun.

Same thing Mooseh said, just repeated...smile.gif
FriendoftheDork
You compare the MODIFIED armor value of the armor to the MODIFIED damage of the weapon (excluding rate of fire mod and call shot mod). If the modified damage is equal to or lower than the modified armor, then the attack becomes stun damage.

Additionally the modified armor value is used as extra dice on the body damage resistance test.

Example: An ares predator hits an enemy with 3 net hits. The target is wearing an armor jacket and has body 4.

Armor predator has -1AP modifier and 5P damage. Thus The armor jacket's armor value is reduced from 8 to 7, and the base 5Pdamage is increased to 8P, enough to penetrate the modfied armor of 7.

Then the target rolls 11 dice to resist the 8P damage.

Edit: Damn you fastjacks! Don't you know that hot sim is dangerous? grr
Aaron
Might I suggest the Defense cheat sheet on my Shadowrun Resources page?

Wow, two plugs in as many days. And here I was beginning to think that nobody needed them any more ...
MITJA3000+
^ Thanks Aaron! I'll have to print ost if not all of those cheat sheets when I get home.
Kazum
ijust read the "spellcasting cheat sheet" and have a question:

What does "take the lesser of your hits and the spells force, thats your actual hits total"

i am not a native english speaker, could you make this more clear for me?

does it mean something like this: Spell force 4, Net Hits: 5, Actual Hits total =9
?
MaxHunter
nope: actual hits 4. you can not have more hits than the force of the spell

BTW: what's your mother tongue? that is, your native language?

Cheers,

Max
silentmaster101
QUOTE (Aaron)

Wow, two plugs in as many days. And here I was beginning to think that nobody needed them any more ...

ha i use them almost daily, mainly cause i play sr almost daily, and we still have brainfarts every once in a while.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Aaron)

...and it has my favourite pic from Cannon Companion on it to boot. I'll have to downlod this and several of the others tonight when I get home.

hobgoblin
I have them all printed and put into a binder so that i can hand it out to the players:)
Kazum
QUOTE (MaxHunter)
nope: actual hits 4. you can not have more hits than the force of the spell

BTW: what's your mother tongue? that is, your native language?

Cheers,

Max

My mother tongue is German. But I study English as foreign language. I am going to be a teacher wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012