Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something happen to Arsenal?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
X-Kalibur
Not to raise too much of a stink, I was just somewhat flabbergasted when, after months of sitting on order, Amazon cancelled my order of Arsenal saying that they would not be receiving it. Yet for whatever reason my order of Augmentation is still sitting pretty, anyone have any ideas/conspiracy theories/etc?
Shadow
Booksellers who are not given release dates will consider the book "out of print" after a certain amount of time. This happened to me with SR4, Amazon declared it "Out of Print" back in Feb. when the book was scheduled to be released in Jan.

This probably has to do with FanPro losing the SR license. According to the word from the freelancers the books will be back in production "soon". Soon being defined as "some time in the next 10 years".
Jack Kain
Who knows with Amazon, They've offered pre-orders for products that don't exist, and the company they claim is making said product actually isn't.

Its possible FanPro isn't going to sell Arsenal threw amazon.
its possible the price changed so your pre-order was no longer valid.
Its possible that the people at amazon are just plain stupid.

Both Arsenal and Augmentation are due out in the second quarter.
Assuming they are not pushed back again. We'd see them no later then June.

The good news is Emergence finished and is now in print and will soon be available to own.
Kyoto Kid
...damn, nearly made me go Fred Sanford seeing this post.

"...Oh, this is the biggest one I ever had...you hear that Elizabeth? I'm coming to join you honey..."
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)

"...Oh, this is the biggest one I ever had...you hear that Elizabeth? I'm coming to join you honey..."

Pipe down you big dummy nyahnyah.gif
WearzManySkins
QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ May 15 2007, 11:59 AM)

Pipe down you big dummy nyahnyah.gif

Dummy? If I were choosing the TV Classic, it would have used the word "Meat Head" smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...wrong show...gotta keep such responses ic.gif

Before the train totally leaves the track for good...

...we wil re-join our regularly scheduled Thread currently in progress...
psychophipps
I've heard it will be released later this month or early next.

Mark(psycho)Phipps( HAHAHA! )
Adam
QUOTE (Jack Kain)
The good news is Emergence finished and is now in print and will soon be available to own.

Whoah, let's not get the rumormill started: Emergence hasn't gone to press yet.

I'm not entirely sure why Amazon has suddenly axed Arsenal, but at this stage I suspect it would happen sometime anyway, since the book will be changing ISBN numbers.
Shadow
QUOTE (Jack Kain)

Were you given privy information on release dates? According to all the Freelancers the books are on hold indefinitely until the contract negotiations between Wizkids and IMR concludes.

So let me say it again, there is no release date for any SR books. It could be next month or next year.
fool
I've said it beofre and I'll say it again, I'll believe ti when I see it, and I'm not holding my breath. Especially considering that Arsenal was supposed to come out sometime last year like second or third Q.
Thanee
I guess it's somewhat reasonable to assume, Arsenal will be out by July or so.

Bye
Thanee
Adam
At this point, not assuming things is the way to go.
maeel
QUOTE (Shadow)
QUOTE (Jack Kain @ May 15 2007, 08:55 AM)

Were you given privy information on release dates? According to all the Freelancers the books are on hold indefinitely until the contract negotiations between Wizkids and IMR concludes.

So let me say it again, there is no release date for any SR books. It could be next month or next year.

Oh yeah! Thats just great! Instead of publishing the book that was supposed to be released 1Q2007 they had "more important" stuff to do.

I feel tempted to commit an act of voilence. mad.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
Personally, I'm betting on a GenCon release. grinbig.gif
WhiskeyMac
Remember kids: Assuming makes an ass out of u and me. biggrin.gif
nathanross
Do the happy dance all ye frustrated gamers! rollin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
scatter.gif
Denicalis
QUOTE (psychophipps @ May 15 2007, 12:30 PM)
I've heard it will be released later this month or early next.

Mark(psycho)Phipps( HAHAHA! )

I can only think of one appropriate response.

Ha Fraggin' Ha
Shadow
Well according to srrpg it is slated for a "Second Quarter 07 release". Which has come and gone. So one more time kiddies. All books are on hold indefinetly until such tim as contract negotiations between IMR and WizKids are settled.

Then a few months after that we will get some release dates, which will of course come and go with no books released.
Glayvin34
Why are the developers being so hushhush about this? If they aren't going to release the books on time, that's their perogative, but shouldn't they have mentioned that a few months ago when they began talks with IMR?

It's fairly obvious that changing the ownership of the property is delaying books for at least 9 months to a year, which we understand is unavoidable, but throw me a freakin' bone here. Just put on the books page that everything is delayed until further notice, and I won't have to visit the SR page everyday and see the same damn post for weeks.
Kyoto Kid
...well, at least I have the re-run of my Rhapsody in Shadow (SR3) campaign to occupy my time for the next six or so months. So, at least I won't be totally bored.
Synner
QUOTE (Glayvin34 @ May 16 2007, 04:52 PM)
Why are the developers being so hushhush about this?  If they aren't going to release the books on time, that's their perogative, but shouldn't they have mentioned that a few months ago when they began talks with IMR?

The developers haven't been hushhush about anything and I suggest you check the multiple replies we've already given in the relevant thread. For those who haven't been paying attention, we are simply waiting for the handover to be finalized to restart the publication schedule under IMR. If things work out the way we hope we should be no more than a couple of months behind with regards to the last announced release dates. The change of license ownership has had little direct impact on previous delays and has only been a factor in the past couple of months as the details and legalities of the hand-over are resolved - until which time IMR is unable to legally publish any material even if it is complete and ready to go to press.
Zolhex
QUOTE (Shadow)
Well according to srrpg it is slated for a "Second Quarter 07 release". Which has come and gone.

Really first quarter Jan. Feb. March second quarter Apr. May June.

Last time I looked it was still May here in the U.S. so where do you live that your 45 days or more in the furture and the second quarter has come and gone?

Ok that was me gripeing sorry back to something a little more useful.

Think about it this way a new company is taking over the rights to publish and there is a major convention coming.

This is where it would be great for them to do a release make alot of noise so people know the game is still alive.

This convention is in June the release schedule for the second quarter ends in June seems convient to me.

Now mind you these are just my theories I know nothing offical so take what I say with a grain of salt but I think I am right.
Shadow
QUOTE (Casazil @ May 16 2007, 09:10 AM)
QUOTE (Shadow @ May 16 2007, 09:39 AM)
Well according to srrpg it is slated for a "Second Quarter 07 release". Which has come and gone.

Last time I looked it was still May here in the U.S. so where do you live that your 45 days or more in the furture and the second quarter has come and gone?

Your thinking of a calander year. I was thinking of a fiscal year. Usually companies are talking Fiscal when they say Quarters. I could be wrong.
the_dunner
QUOTE (Shadow)
QUOTE (Casazil @ May 16 2007, 09:10 AM)
QUOTE (Shadow @ May 16 2007, 09:39 AM)

Your thinking of a calander year. I was thinking of a fiscal year. Usually companies are talking Fiscal when they say Quarters. I could be wrong.

For most companies, the Calendar Year and the Fiscal year are synonymous.

In cases where they're not synonymous, there's no standardization. One company's fiscal year might start in July, another's might start in December.

As FanPro hasn't indicated anywhere that they were referring to a fiscal year, it's safe to assume that second quarter means April-June.
Glayvin34
QUOTE (Synner)
The developers haven't been hushhush about anything and I suggest you check the multiple replies we've already given in the relevant thread. For those who haven't been paying attention, we are simply waiting for the handover to be finalized to restart the publication schedule under IMR. If things work out the way we hope we should be no more than a couple of months behind with regards to the last announced release dates. The change of license ownership has had little direct impact on previous delays and has only been a factor in the past couple of months as the details and legalities of the hand-over are resolved - until which time IMR is unable to legally publish any material even if it is complete and ready to go to press.

Okay, a little more info, thank you. Now I know that the handover must be complete before Emergence goes to print, which means at least a few more weeks. Just thought that would be a cool fact to slap up on the Books page over at the ol' FanPro website.
Shadow
Not to beat the Fiscal year to death, but there is a pretty standerdized fiscal system out there.

That said, you could very well be right. I just pointed out that when companies talk in quarters they are ususally refering to Fiscal rather than the Jan-Dec year.

Also, as numerous people have pointed out, the books on hold till contract negotiations are finished. At that time IMR will figure out a new release schedule, then finalize it and let us know. There is just no way that any books are coming out next month. For that to happen they would have to be at the printer now, if not sooner. So I can safely say, that they have missed there second quarter release date.
Shadow
QUOTE (Glayvin34)
Okay, a little more info, thank you. Now I know that the handover must be complete before Emergence goes to print, which means at least a few more weeks. Just thought that would be a cool fact to slap up on the Books page over at the ol' FanPro website.

Dude, nothing is going to print for months. Stop the rumor mill now!
Synner
You seem pretty sure. Willing to place a bet?
Shadow
Sure. If arsenal comes out before June 15th I will buy you a copy, and if you get a comp copy I will buy one for a person of your choice. If it doesn't come out before June 15th you got to buy me one (or talk to me about my fiction that never got on the web smile.gif )
knasser

This is all becoming too painful for me. I think I'm going to run Iron Heroes for a while instead.
Synner
QUOTE (Shadow)
Sure. If arsenal comes out before June 15th I will buy you a copy, and if you get a comp copy I will buy one for a person of your choice. If it doesn't come out before June 15th you got to buy me one (or talk to me about my fiction that never got on the web smile.gif )

Actually I'm thinking Emergence would count since that's "something" (as opposed to "nothing going to press") and it is the next slated release...
Shadow
Wasn't arsenal supposed to come out back in March?

Ok then if emergences comes out within in 1 month of today (June 16th) I will buy you a copy (or if you get one free, a person of your choice). Otherwise you got to buy me a copy of Arsenal when it comes out.

*edit* assuming it isn't a 100$ or something.

*edit again* I feel pretty confident, after all, back on Jan 28th FP had a blog post about 4th printing shipping now! It was what, April? Until it came out?
Smilin_Jack
QUOTE (knasser)
This is all becoming too painful for me. I think I'm going to run Iron Heroes for a while instead.

Hey don't knock Iron Heroes... its the only version of TGTSNBN that I actually like... much less own. nyahnyah.gif
Synner
QUOTE (Shadow @ May 16 2007, 06:29 PM)
Wasn't arsenal supposed to come out back in March?

You may have jumped to that conclusion from the "Second Quarter" announcement, but FanPro offered up no definite date.

Ok then if emergences comes out within in 1 month of today (June 16th) I will buy you a copy (or if you get one free, a person of your choice). Otherwise you got to buy me a copy of Arsenal when it comes out.

Not sure "Emergence" will hit the bookselves in that time frame, what with the changes to distribution inherent in the current changeover - but I fully expect it to be at the printers by then which was my point.

*edit again* I feel pretty confident, after all, back on Jan 28th FP had a blog post about 4th printing shipping now! It was what, April? Until it came out?

Actually no. On December 21st we announced SR4 was termporarily out of stock and that we expected to have it back in stock in January. No dates were given. Circumstances conspired to delay that printing and it was decided to hold off until the situation was better defined.
knasser
QUOTE (Smilin_Jack)
QUOTE (knasser @ May 16 2007, 12:56 PM)

Hey don't knock Iron Heroes... its the only version of TGTSNBN that I actually like... much less own. nyahnyah.gif

Wasn't knocking it. Iron Heroes is absolutely great as a system. The harrier class alone is almost worth the price of the book. Not to derail the thread, but it's a class that gets more effective the more it moves about. PCs encountered a wererat harrier in a narrow cul de sac. She started wall running and somersaulting and ended the round behind them having hit three of them with a rapier in the process. By the time they worked out what had happened, she was already sprinting up a nearby building and away. Iron Heroes is fantastic.

Sorry.. back to the thread.
Adam
QUOTE (Shadow)
Dude, nothing is going to print for months. Stop the rumor mill now!

"Going to print" and "being released" are two different things. One of the things that the new company is looking closely at is FanPro's mistakes with printers, and how to work around them in the future.

However, nothing will be going to print until some more details of the license and transition are hammered out.

[and yes, the FanPro upcoming releases page is out of date, as I've been mighty busy with the new company ... I'll try and hit that now.]
Zolhex
Well too bad nothings is going to be available for Orgins as that would be a great venue to release at.

Then again 2 months after that is the grandaddy of all cons Gencon where a release would see alot more coverage.

If nothing by then I think your screwed for making a big noise about Shadowrun till next year.

Not that I have any fears of Shadowrun continueing mind you just I think it would be bad if you didn't have something for Gencon.
Adam
"At this point, not assuming things is the way to go."

smile.gif
Larsine
QUOTE (Adam)

However, nothing will be going to print until some more details of the license and transition are hammered out.

Does that include PDFs? Do we have to wait for the deals to be concluded before getting the 4th printing as PDF?

Lars
Rotbart van Dainig
At the end of the foodchain, SR belongs to Topps.

Releasing anything without licence is pretty much suicidal.
Adam
QUOTE (Larsine)
Does that include PDFs? Do we have to wait for the deals to be concluded before getting the 4th printing as PDF?

Yup. Sorry.
Shadow
Ok so my point was that nothing was coming out anytime soon. I am not knocking anyone! Adam does a fine job with the website!!! I was saying to the guy saying that Emergence is coming out next week, is that it isn't and it isn't likely to be out anytime soon.

Now Synner, I take it you are up for no bet?

Personally I don't think anything will be coming out until July maybe. As you guys yoruself said, everything is on hold till the contract stuff is figured out. I was actually trying to help you out a little by easing peoples expectations (since the guy keeps saying Emergence is coming out).

When the deal is finalized, when IMR gets everything organized, when the money is paid, and when the printer is hired, then I would expect a date. I don't see that happening in June.
Zolhex
Ok so I don't know which "guy" your refering to but I hope you don't mean me as I was mearly pointing out that the 2nd quarter has not expired yet.

Do I think books will be out before the end of June? honestly I have no opinion as I have NO access to what is really happening with the business end. I really wish I did but I don't and it would be wrong of me to say anything along the lines that would give the impression I do know.

Do I want books now? Yes! In a month? Yes! Every month a new book till they crank out a ton of material for running the game and story fluff? YES YES YES!

Will I get it? I can only hope so as I consider this game to be the best one out there.

So untill they make some type of offical posting I'll just play what I have and wait long wait short wait don't matter so long as they do get around to making new books I'll wait!!!!
Cain
Let's face it, when have release dates been anything but wishful thinking in this *industry*, let alone Fanpro?
Kronk2
please let me know when it does release, I kinda need this book for my game. Props to Adam for all his work. I am kinda anxiously awaiting the solidification of the new paradigm under which Shadowrun will be governed.
Jack Kain
QUOTE (Cain)
Let's face it, when have release dates been anything but wishful thinking in this *industry*, let alone Fanpro?

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
—Douglas Adams
WearzManySkins
QUOTE (Jack Kain)
QUOTE (Cain @ May 17 2007, 11:22 AM)

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
—Douglas Adams

<Slap Jack Cain with a wet carp> rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012