Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missing ShadowTalk: Shapechange Metahuman
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShieldT
There was this spell called 'ShapeChange MetaHuman' or 'Race' or something, that was found in a publication/article somewhere online. Collection of homebrewed spells and such.

The flavor text went something like this:

"There was a target known for taking strong women home from a bar, so the runners set him up. Every night for a bit, this tall beautiful woman would come into the bar, flirt with the target, but leave with a different man. Eventually the target was ready to do about anything she asked, so they went to a room. She tied him down to a bed and asked him "Are you ready?". When he started begging, she dropped a sustained spell, revealing herself to actually be a very tall naked male troll mage in jackboots. Needless to say, this made the runners' task of extracting information from the target a lot easier."

Okay, that said, where did I read it? Can't seem to find it by Google. I'd like to find the original text. So I can show it off in it's original, less confused/better written form, along with the other spells/ShadowTalk on whatever site it was. biggrin.gif

FrankTrollman
You can do that with Mask or Physical Mask near as makes no odds.

-Frank
Wounded Ronin
That's like the old urban legend about the Batman rapist.

Basically, the story goes that after a man has propositoned a woman at a bar or some other typical socialization locale they go to the woman's bedroom. However, instead of getting to have sex with the woman, the man is surprise-sodomized by an obese man wearing a Batman costume.

Psychoanalyists have claimed that the urban legend represents society's fear and denial of latent homosexuality.
Ancient History
QUOTE (ShieldT)
There was this spell called 'ShapeChange MetaHuman' or 'Race' or something, that was found in a publication/article somewhere online. Collection of homebrewed spells and such.

The flavor text went something like this:

"There was a target known for taking strong women home from a bar, so the runners set him up. Every night for a bit, this tall beautiful woman would come into the bar, flirt with the target, but leave with a different man. Eventually the target was ready to do about anything she asked, so they went to a room. She tied him down to a bed and asked him "Are you ready?". When he started begging, she dropped a sustained spell, revealing herself to actually be a very tall naked male troll mage in jackboots. Needless to say, this made the runners' task of extracting information from the target a lot easier."

Okay, that said, where did I read it? Can't seem to find it by Google. I'd like to find the original text. So I can show it off in it's original, less confused/better written form, along with the other spells/ShadowTalk on whatever site it was. biggrin.gif

Gah. I know the text in question, but cannae remember where it's from exactly. There was also a similiar incident in one of the Talon novels.
Athanatos
2nd Edition ShadowRun book Awakenings?
FrankTrollman
Yep. Awakenings, p. 29. And it is a Mask Spell. Apparently Sluggo did it.

-Frank
ShieldT
Hey! Thanks guys.

'latex straps' not handcuffs, 'boots' not jackboots, 'official ShadowTalk' rather then online homebrew. No wonder I couldn't find it by Google. wobble.gif

I'd read it in Awakenings years ago, but had mentally misfiled it with a couple of spells from NAGEE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012