Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: Why do I got to be Mr. Pink?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Shadow
The game will consist of 4-5 characters using the standard SR4 rules for character creation. The first 4-5 people post characters in the recruiting thread are in. Any character type is welcome. The one caveat is that all characters must take 'Dark Secret Flaw'. The characters will be part of an established running team.

Standard time, spring 2070. If you have any questions ask in the board DO NOT PM ME. The game is Canon SR4 RAW.
Redjack
What city will this be in? I'm thinking about a face...
fistandantilus4.0
Conisdering. 400 BP? Any house rules?
Redjack
Well if Fist is considering then I would have to be a social adept... wink.gif
Smilin_Jack
Interested.... Thief/Covert Ops type.
Shadow
No house rules. As I can't hexpect everyone to have the Hong Kong campaign setting, Seattle is it.
Smilin_Jack
One really dumb question .... Dark Secret Flaw is from 2e/3e right? I haven't seen it converted anywhere in the SR4 books - unless I'm just overlooking it somewhere?
Shadow
Right, my mistake. Hmm, never mind that part then. I will just RP it.
Redjack
Any particular affiliation for this running team (gangs, mafia, yaks) that you expect for the flavor of the team?
Shadow
Nothing in particular, you are all welcome to hash that out. I do favor the triads as the gang of flavor for my campaigns.
WinterRat1
Nothing in particular, you are all welcome to hash that out. I do favor the triads as the gang of flavor for my campaigns.

Really? You could've fooled me. Why don't you tell that to the Yakuza you used to fire a rocket at us on the streets last time? wink.gif
Meriss
Tempted, but busy. Any chance you need a Rigger?
Shadow
Ok, well that was a special circomstance. I wasn't the one calling the shots there. Does that mean you are interested Rat?

@Meriss, hell yes.
Meriss
Lemme think on it. Drone or Driver?
WinterRat1
Unfortunately no my friend. Between LITS and DITG, I definitely have my hands full.

Are we going to see you at the LITS get together at GenCon this year?
Shadow
As my friend Mister Spock is fond of saying, there are always possibilities.

@ Meriss, either one, I think a drone rigger would be more fulfilling to you.
Meriss
Too late Shadow, Mandy here got lodged in my brain and she won't get out. This is my first attempt at a female PC so to be fair, she'll prolly come off a little too tomboyish but hey.

[ Spoiler ]
Shadow
Meriss is in. Thats 1.
Redjack
Hiroki Watanabe: Elven face/Social Adept Ork Gunslinger Adept
carjack_malone
I've been kicking around a concept in my head. A P-Fix addict whose favorite (only) persona is Doc Holiday. (Possibly with some bio/cyber that would mimic the effects of Tuberculoisis...hacking up blood type substances) If that's too far out for the game let me know.
Shadow
I got two guns, one for each of you.

Not to far out at all biggrin.gif
JDragon
Ok, I've got a Dwarf Street Sam, used to be a corp courrier now running the shadows.

Let me kow if you have any questions.

[ Spoiler ]

JD
Redjack
Hmm.... Satchel... Seems like I've seen him before... wink.gif
JDragon
QUOTE (Redjack)
Hmm.... Satchel... Seems like I've seen him before... wink.gif

I keep trying to play him and things keep coming up.

Hopefully 3rd time is the charm. biggrin.gif

JD
Meriss
@JDragon: Hey I'M driving. wink.gif
JDragon
QUOTE (Meriss)
@JDragon: Hey I'M driving. wink.gif

Thats fine as long as your vehicle of choice has room for all of my gear. nyahnyah.gif

Thats the only reason Satchel drives, he's gotta make sure hes got all his equipment. So when $*it hits the fan, he's the one putting it there and not the one on the recieving end.

JD
Meriss
NP Know any good SUV's?
carjack_malone
Since JDragon seems to have had no luck getting his Sammie into play (I know how it is to a concept in mind and never get a chance to play), I'll restructure my concept abit (as to avoid redundant archetypes)....possibly a non-combat (relatively speaking) type as it will only enhance the Negative Quality of his P-Fix addiction. Possibly a mage with either the Geas of gesture (card shuffling) or Conditional (Used P-Fix chip), or perhaps a Hacker who has turned his matrix life to real life. Either way I'll change so, JDragon can play the Sam.
carjack_malone
QUOTE (Meriss)
NP Know any good SUV's?

Hows the dwarf going to get in it?
Meriss
QUOTE (carjack_malone)
QUOTE (Meriss @ May 18 2007, 03:20 PM)
NP Know any good SUV's?

Hows the dwarf going to get in it?

Stepladder mod wink.gif
JDragon
QUOTE (carjack_malone)
Since JDragon seems to have had no luck getting his Sammie into play (I know how it is to a concept in mind and never get a chance to play), I'll restructure my concept abit (as to avoid redundant archetypes)....possibly a non-combat (relatively speaking) type as it will only enhance the Negative Quality of his P-Fix addiction. Possibly a mage with either the Geas of gesture (card shuffling) or Conditional (Used P-Fix chip), or perhaps a Hacker who has turned his matrix life to real life. Either way I'll change so, JDragon can play the Sam.

I've gotten him approved and into a couple games. But they keep falling apart or RL gets me in a bind.

Thanks for offering to change, I could do something else as well. smile.gif

I think I have a troll combat mage somewhere that hasn't got properly played yet.

JD
Redjack
Oh no too late. I think I've been in every one of those games you've tried to get Satchel going in... Almost makes me want to dust off Nix... biggrin.gif
Meriss
Don't change JDragon, Satchel sounds like he'd be fun to play with. Mandy will even mod a seat for him.

@PCs: Considering we're going to be an "established" team you have three possible reactions to Mandy's driving; Resigned Acceptance, Shell Shocked, Utter Terror. More is up to you. (She's not a bad driver, she's just enthusiastic)
carjack_malone
Go ahead and take the Sammie spot...I still need to draft up my character and complete concept anyways.
JDragon
QUOTE (Redjack)
Oh no too late. I think I've been in every one of those games you've tried to get Satchel going in... Almost makes me want to dust off Nix...  biggrin.gif

Well at least one attempt was here on DS another was on ENWorld. Beyond that I've lost track of at this point.

@All: Thanks for the support, I'm looking forward to the game, assuming Satchel passes muster with Shadow.

@Meriss - I've always played Satachel as driving very sedatly when around town since he doesn't want to attract attention and have someone hassel him about his toys. But that doesn't mean he won't push himself and his vehicle to its limits when needed.

At this point he probably just mumbles under his breath and warns you that you are going to pay for anything confiscated due to your driving. smile.gif

JD
Mister Juan
Shadow, mate, this is so damn hard for me to resist. I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew.... What would you guys be missing PC-wise?
Meriss
QUOTE (JDragon)
@Meriss - I've always played Satachel as driving very sedatly when around town since he doesn't want to attract attention and have someone hassel him about his toys. But that doesn't mean he won't push himself and his vehicle to its limits when needed.

At this point he probably just mumbles under his breath and warns you that you are going to pay for anything confiscated due to your driving. smile.gif

Oh it's not that she doesn't drive carefully to avoid detection, it's just that she's made the don't section of the driving code into a personal challenge. (475 moving violations to date) Besides, if the run goes south, you want Mandy at the wheel. smile.gif
carjack_malone
I am looking at a Hacker as he seems so far removed from his gun-toting idol its funny.
Shadow
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ May 18 2007, 03:25 PM)
Shadow, mate, this is so damn hard for me to resist. I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew.... What would you guys be missing PC-wise?

@ Juan, Karl Combat Mage buddy smile.gif

Play anything you like, you know me I make it work.

@Jdragon,
Satchel is 2.
JDragon
QUOTE (Shadow)
@Jdragon,
Satchel is 2.

Cool. Looking forward to it.

JD
Redjack
@Shadow
How about Hiroki Watanabe?
Shadow
I'll be honest with you Red, my games have been called "John Woo-ish". A person with no combat ability is not going to get a lot of action in there. A face is a totally vialbe option, just give him something so he gets 2 passes and he can shoot/Fight pretty well. Let me know what you think.
Mister Juan
Do you still use the same email as before?
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry for the long silence on my part. I'm still interested. The character I have in mind is a covert ops/infiltration/assassination type.

Some of it would require adapting 3rd edt stuff though.

[ Spoiler ]
carjack_malone
Matrix Desperado or M.D. (goes with doc holiday lol)

[ Spoiler ]
Shadow
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
Do you still use the same email as before?

@ Mr. Juan

Yep.

@ fist

Nightshade is 3

@Carjack,

I'll tell you the same thing I told Red. I run a combat heavy game, if you think our character will do well, then by all means he's in. Let me know.
fistandantilus4.0
"Combat Heavy. " Noted.
Shadow
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
[ Spoiler ]

@ fist, hey I didn't realise Dark Secret wasn't in the RAW. Jus to re-afirm it, we are playing only with the Rules As Written. So if it isn't in the book, it isn't in the game.
fistandantilus4.0
It's in the Core Book. It should be converted over to a 10BP neg Quality. The ones that were -1 in 3rd are 5Bp in 4th, 2 are 10, and so on.

The character does require a few things from 3rd that are not in 4th edition yet, like the venom sac and tracheal filter from Man&Machine. Their .... hallmarks of the character for lack of a better term. So if they can't be converted I'll have to come up with a new character. If that's the case, let me know, and I'll get back to the grind stone.
Redjack
Hiroki Watanabe is now an Ork Gunslinger Adept
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012