Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Location info beyond seattle.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Squinky
Hi all,

I have been wanting to run a game set in a jungle/ third world type setting. Where the Pc's are more adventurers than runners. Influences would be things like Indiana Jones, and maybe even Rambo smile.gif

Picture runners hacking through the jungle with machetes and you'll get the feel I am looking for.

I checked the third world wiki and couldn't come up with any good locations, any ideas on where I could info on a place like this?

Thanks.
Fyastarter
The jungles of aztlan have some awesome guerill action goig on, but i can't remember which sourcebook you want, i think its one of the older ones, is there a shadows of south america anywhere? But anywhere in aztlan outside of the cities could be good.

Whats the shadoes like around rio?
MITJA3000+
Shadows of Asia is what I recommend.
BishopMcQ
There is the famed Shadows of Latin America project which will be released "Sometime Soon" on holostreets.com. I'd keep an eye on the site for updates, though Dumpshock will probably resound when it becomes available. Beyond that, I remember some info about Baracas coming up in Runner Havens.

For SR3, I'd check out Year of the Comet, which goes over the Amazonian revolt quite a bit IIRC.

Synner
Potential sources:
Aztlan sb (for Central America)
Harlequin (visit to Ehran's vacation home in Amazonia)
Predator & Prey adventure set (includes a critter hunt in Peru/Amazonia)
Cyberpirates (Madagascar, Gold Coast, Phillipines, and SE Asia Coast)
Target: Smuggler Havens (Madagascar)
Shadows of Asia (mainly SE Asia and Oceania)
Runner Havens (Caracas)
Year of the Comet (Yucatan rebellion & Spirit War)
Dragons of the Sixth World (Hualpa and Sirrug both connected to Amazonia)
Chibu
QUOTE (Synner)
Potential sources:
Aztlan sb (for Central America)
Harlequin (visit to Ehran's vacation home in Amazonia)
Predator & Prey adventure set (includes a critter hunt in Peru/Amazonia)
Cyberpirates (Madagascar, Gold Coast, Phillipines, and SE Asia Coast)
Target: Smuggler Havens (Madagascar)
Shadows of Asia (mainly SE Asia and Oceania)
Runner Havens (Caracas)
Year of the Comet (Yucatan rebellion & Spirit War)
Dragons of the Sixth World (Hualpa and Sirrug both connected to Amazonia)

That pretty much covers it. nyahnyah.gif

Personally, I've always been a big fan of Amazonia and have been waiting since... oh... a long time ago for Shadows of Latin America to come out. If you're looking for Jungle stuff, I'd say your best bet is Aztlan or Cyberpirates. There isn't much info out there about Amazonia specifically, the most you can really get is from Aztlan and the runs in Harlequin and P&P.

I can assume that the main reason that there isn't all that much jungle info in Shadowrun is that jungles just aren't usually very cyberpunk. But using the books Synner mentioned, you should be able to piece things together to get a reasonable setting that you can then expand from there as you please.

Funny story from the Amazonia run in Harlequin: There were people with shotguns and bows. The whole team shrugged off the shotgun blasts using our armor (high balistic), but almost died from the arrows (low impact). City folk need to be careful in the jungle I guess.
Ravor
QUOTE (Chibu)
Funny story from the Amazonia run in Harlequin: There were people with shotguns and bows. The whole team shrugged off the shotgun blasts using our armor (high balistic), but almost died from the arrows (low impact). City folk need to be careful in the jungle I guess.

Not just in the jungle, just ask Wounded Ronin about "Squeeze Shoots". cyber.gif
Squinky
Awesome, thanks a ton guys!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Ravor)
Not just in the jungle, just ask Wounded Ronin about "Squeeze Shoots". cyber.gif

...hmm, I'm currently running a campaign set in London...curious about this.
Ravor
Well basically a 'squeeze shoot' is a metal/wooden device that you run lifestock into in order to hold them still while you 'work' them, anything from preg checking, branding, to cutting out lumpjaws is possible. (The animal can and does try to struggle, but because the device traps their neck as well as 'squeezes' their sides together tightly, all the animal can really do is paw at the ground and thrash its head around, and the latter is stopped by inserting a clamp into the animal's nose and pulling pressure with a rope in order to hold the animal's head still.)

Wouldn't be useful on metahumans without some heavy modifications, but I was listening to a woman on the radio one time who made a human squeeze shoot for her own usage in order to help deal with her Autism while in her teens. (She controlled the pressures applied of course.)

Anyways, I'm not sure if it was helpful or not, but there you go.

*Edit*

If you are wondering why I brought Squeeze Shoots up in the first place, they were mentioned in a thread a while back were Wounded Ronin was talking about the differences between city slickers and rural folk. My theory was that rural folk usually grow up "working" the cattle, which to a large degree involves inficting pain and suffering "for their own good" as well as marking them as belonging to person 'X'.
Kyoto Kid
...whoops. To much London on the Brain lately (since that is where my campaign is set). There is a section of London referred to as "The Squeeze" & I thought it was in reference to a Mission set there. embarrassed.gif

However, isn't the correct spelling, "Squeeze Chute"?

However the idea of a mission set in the Lambeth zone titled "Squeeze Shoot" does have a ring to it.
Ravor
embarrassed.gif Yeah it is, and whats worse is that I can't even lie and say it was a momentary typo. embarrassed.gif

(I can however blame it on my family's rather singilar accent, yeah, thats it.) cyber.gif

"These are not the words you are looking for. Move along."

You know, we really need a Jedi Mind Trick Emoticon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012