Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spam Drones
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WearzManySkins
Ok I am wondering that in 2070, would the use of drones to be used to spread the use/effects of spam, legal or not.

I view these types of drones to the fairly mobile ones, and the cheaper ones.

Hacker/Technomages could be "hired" to spread their particular brand of spam, upon those who would not to wish to "see" it.

Since I see various agencies/governments/corps attempting to stem the spam tide.

I see the spammers attempting to broaden their message base/locations.

Since I am not yet up to speed on drones, any build ideas out there?

Also interesting runner mission, hired to have spamming drones at a particular event.

But the drones are not meant to be disposable.
Ravor
Well, if the job was simply to create as much Spam as possible on the cheap then why not use Tags? Sure they have a very low range and won't move by themselves, but if you use a 'confetti' grenade full of the buggers coated with whatever 2070's version of Superglue is in the middle of a crowded event then you are going to make a splash.

Or you could hire a Decker to subvert a Mall's Node to start broadcasting the Spam for you, ect...

Because, at the moment according to RAW even the cheapest Drones are too pricey to be thrown away on Spam Missions, but I think that its totally Cyberpunk to slap a transmittor to a flying cheap plastic 'toy' and using them as throw away Spammers, and would allow it at ~15-20 nuyen.gif or so a pop.
The Jopp
I imagine that it wouldn't be that hard to program a spambot as a rating 1-2 agent or a custom common program, simsense or other program. Upload them to Tags and put these little suckers all over town on buses, vehicles, trains, peopleĀ“and you will have a good coverage of the city.

A spambot would be even better since it can be copied and have it bounce around the matrix just spewing out it's message all over the place (basically uploading the spam to the node).
WhiskeyMac
We already have the spambots now. Ever been in a Yahoo chatroom? 90% of those damn "people" are spambots hooking webcams or nude pics. I don't think it would be that much of a stretch to have them in 2070.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012