Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NSRCG?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abstruse
I'm trying to find a copy of the NSRCG. The site on dumpshock is down and I can't seem to find a mirror anywhere. Does anyone have a link?

The Abstruse One
Squinky
I haven't been able to get at it either, seems no one mirrors it, and if they do, they are all dead links.
the_dunner
I'm in deep smit with The Internet WayBack Machine

It's a little slow, but it works just fine. love.gif
Squinky
Awesome man, thats helps me a ton smile.gif
Abstruse
Arigato gozaimasu. This is EXACTLY what I wanted. Thank you very, very much.

The Abstruse One
Trax
It's too bad it doesn't work on Vista. frown.gif
HMHVV Hunter
I just downloaded from that link, but for some reason there's information missing - no stats for sniper rifles and some other weapons, etc. Anyone know why that is?
DireRadiant
Probably old version of dat files.
Abstruse
Probably just version differences. I had a previous version before and this one has some stuff the one I had doesn't. Plus it also doesn't suffer from the Windows XP "Please restart" bug the one I had does.

BTW, if you have this problem, restart your computer in safe mode and log in as the Administrator. Then just restart the computer again and it should work fine from then on. Like I said, though, I didn't have that problem at all with this version.

And thank you again whoever posted that. I completely forgot about archive.org and kept trying to use google's cache ^_^;; If you're bored and want a laugh, use archive.org to check out the C.L.U.E files also on matrix.dumpshock.org nyahnyah.gif

The Abstruse One
HMHVV Hunter
So how do I get those DAT files?
DireRadiant
Not sure how to get recent ones, but one option is to add the data yourself into the relevant dat files using a text editor to add what is missing that you want.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
Not sure how to get recent ones, but one option is to add the data yourself into the relevant dat files using a text editor to add what is missing that you want.

Well, there's a DATeditor included in the download, but I have no idea how to use it.
HMHVV Hunter
This is very strange; I use the "GMViewDat" function, and the Barret 121 (a sniper rifle that didn't show up when I ran NSCRG) DID show up. What's going on?
TonkaTuff
If you have the "legal character" option toggled on in the actual program, the Barrett probably doesn't show because the availability is too high.
HMHVV Hunter
That fixed it! Thanks smile.gif
HMHVV Hunter
And now I have a new problem - the Skills section isn't working. When I click the left and right buttons (to add a rank to the skills), it doesn't work frown.gif
HMHVV Hunter
Anyone? Any help here?
jrpigman
Save the character, close out NSRCG, Load the character, and it works again (usually).

Another thing to watch with NSRCG is your priorities/build points. Sometimes they get reset for a reason I can't pin down, so it won't let you add certain things because your build is illegal. If you find the program arbitrarily not working for some reason, check your BP/priority table.
HMHVV Hunter
Nope; didn't work.
HMHVV Hunter
Finally got the blasted thing working, though how I'm not sure.
Trax
Yeah, that's happened to be a few times. I think it started happening in this current version when it got patched. It's unfortunate that there will be no new versions to fix that problem, or that it won't have new functions. :'(
HMHVV Hunter
ARGH! I go back to change some skills and it acts up again!

What good is the gorram program if it doesn't work right?
Abstruse
I've never had any problems with it at all. I haven't played with the new version much, but it works fine for me so far.

The Abstruse One
HMHVV Hunter
Well, it isn't working for me frown.gif And because I don't know how it got working before, I don't know what to do now.
Kyoto Kid
....hmmm, haven't experienced these issues with the version I am using.

Do you know what release you are have?

@Trax. I hear you on that.
HMHVV Hunter
Don't know which version I have, but I downloaded it using the Wayback Machine link above.
tisoz
If a few people want to host what I think was the latest version (I downloaded it on 3-16-07, version 3.69, I think), I can email them the zipped file. It is 4.61 megs. [edit] I just checked the wayback machine link and it looks like it is the same version I have, and the newest version as far as I know. [/edit]

HMHVVH Hunter, did you finalize the character? That would affect changing the skills.
HMHVV Hunter
No, I didn't finalize the character. I'd know if I did that, and I didn't. I'm still in creation phase, and the skills section simply refuses to work.
Trax
Try loading a different character, then then yours again. That should fix it I think.
HMHVV Hunter
Nope; that didn't work either.

An odd thing happened too; I tried DECREASING some skills (the ones I managed to raise when the blasted thing actually WORKED) and they decreased, but then I couldn't increase them again. Don't know what that might mean.
tisoz
It sounds like you do not have skill points alotted to raise skills. Check to see if it re-allocated them to attributes (or somewhere else.) You might try going to the page where you choose the creation method - Priority, BP, Sum to 10, Becks - and see make sure it is still set the way you started.

I had some of the same problems, I think. The quick way for me to deal with it was to create another character while leaving the old character open in another window, then copying choices to the new character and proceeding to completion. Also, I figured my copy of NSRCG was corrupted, so I downloaded it again (which would have been the 3-16-07 copy.)
HMHVV Hunter
Well, I think I found out how to fix it - go back to the generation screen (where you pick between Sum to 10, Priority, etc) and then back to skills. The damn thing finally worked after that.
Trax
I always did forget how to fix it like that. Thanks Hunter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012