Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maps
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abstruse
I'm looking for a good, FREE source of maps for a Shadowrun game. It needs to have a square grid and suitable for a primarily urban game. Anyone have any good sources?

The Abstruse One
Demerzel
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=16214

Limited in scope, buy very cool for what is there.
Abstruse
Thanks, my old thread search-fu must be weak.

The Abstruse One
Method
I recently did an experiment....

- Used google maps to find and save satellite images of urban areas.
- Used photoshop to combine all the image "tiles" of adjacent areas into one larger image.
- Stuck regular old graph paper into my printer and printed the composite image.

It worked REALLY well...

Method
Abstruse
I was looking for more like building plans. Corporate facilities and stuff like that. The streets are cool though.

The Abstruse One
Larsine
QUOTE (Abstruse)
I was looking for more like building plans.  Corporate facilities and stuff like that.

I think it's time to dig out the old Sprawl Sites, or maybe the Sprawl Maps, or the DMZ box. They all have maps like what you are looking for.

QUOTE (Abstruse)
The streets are cool though.

The Abstruse One

That's funny, my Adobe claims that the files are broken. I'm trying to open the PDFs with Adobe Reader 8.0.0. What version (or program) are you opening the files with?

Lars
Crusufix
There use to be a beautiful Shadowrun website that I use to use all the time. Blackjack's corner or something like that. Had tons and tons of maps for general use as well as massive amounts of information and house rules for SR2. I've googled for it and it appears to be archived and the archives are currently unaccessible it seems.

If anyone knew how to get all those lovely resources back that would be I would be much appreciative.
ronin3338
QUOTE (Abstruse)
I was looking for more like building plans. Corporate facilities and stuff like that. The streets are cool though.

The Abstruse One

I may have some stuff you could use that I've plundered from across the web.

I'd be willing to zip some up and send them to you.
I'd host them somewhere, but:
1) Don't know how
2) May infringe some copy/distribution rights
ronin3338
QUOTE (Crusufix)
There use to be a beautiful Shadowrun website that I use to use all the time. Blackjack's corner or something like that. Had tons and tons of maps for general use as well as massive amounts of information and house rules for SR2. I've googled for it and it appears to be archived and the archives are currently unaccessible it seems.

If anyone knew how to get all those lovely resources back that would be I would be much appreciative.

Actually, that's where I got a bunch of my stuff...

Blackjack's is still archived somewhere, Google it, and you'll find it.
It's older editions but maps don't care.
Larsine
QUOTE (ronin3338)
Blackjack's is still archived somewhere, Google it, and you'll find it.
It's older editions but maps don't care.

Yes it's archived at dumpshock. Only problem is that not all of dumpshock is up and running after the latest upgrade. And guess what, Blackjack's corner/page, the archives and the mailing lists are just some of the things still missing.

Lars
ronin3338
*sigh*

It's a shame how many great sites have fallen by the wayside...

frown.gif

On a side note, Dundjinni, with the Modern Art Pack upgrade, works really well.
(That's what was used to make the map tiles in the link way up there)
Crusufix
Yes, I certainly hope Blackjack's corner and the archive can be rescued.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012