Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gang Campaign Creation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Large Mike

Alright guys, this is the plan. I will be trying to put together an ongoing gang campaign. I will keep it going as long as there is interest and the real world does not prevent me from doing so. As people decide to leave, I'll kill them or turn them into NPCs, or what have you. As new people decide to join (I will occationally make calls for new characters) I'll work them in. I want to create a living, breathing gang.

It'll be based in Woodinville, in Redmond, near Cottage Lake and the Plastic Jungles. This area of Woodinville has a bit of a bias against elves and gives the most respect to trogs and orks, but that doesn't preclude anyone from anything.

Characters will be subjected to the following restrictions:

No resources above nuyen.gif 90 000
No technical skills above 3.
Avalibility will be limited 5. There will be exceptions, but explain why and ask nicely.

Everyone should sink some money into the gang. Whoever sinks the most will be leader to start, but that can be challenged. Anyone who gets leader status will be given 10 Karma. Anyone pushed out of the position will not lose the Karma, but will have bad things happen to them to make the karma seem trivial.

So, gimme every misfit and wanna-be tough guy. Just remember to keep it street level, and I'll take it.

Here's hoping the idea takes off.
Shadow
This sounds like a cool idea LM, I'll think hard on a character and give it a whirl. What is the starting BP for the characters?
Tanka
Mind if I pop in? Thinking of a mighty nice Troll Brawler who might do good as muscle. If so, BP/systems allowed would be fantastic. After that I'll be right on making the character.
Digital Heroin
*thinking of a brute of a Troll Psyad*
Large Mike

123 Bp. Priority and Sum-to-10 are also welcome.

Email them to icedwarf@yahoo.com
Tanka
*smacks forehead*

Books? All? Only some? Surprised I forgot to ask this...
Large Mike
Let's limit it to third edition. Other than that, use your judgement. I'm probably going to reject shapeshifters, free spirits, drakes, etc., out of hand.

Also, remember to contribute money to the gang. If you're not sure how much, read the Gang Campaign section of SR3Comp to give you a roung idea.
TinkerGnome
Just to be clear, my dikoted free spirit/drake/gnome shaman is not going to be acceptable as a ganger?

wink.gif

[edit] Thinking on it, actually, I might be game. I'm working up something in my head. The gnome shaman with a short man complex is starting to sound fun, to tell you the truth wink.gif [/edit]
Shadow
OK I have finished my character, but I may need to do some tweaks. I will get him to you today. Just so everyone knows I plan on puting about nuyen.gif 43K to the gang. Anyone plan on beating that?
Digital Heroin
I might just happen to be planning on beating that... we'll see...
easytohate
I'm game.

This should be interesting.
grimshear
How about these? http://bull.dumpshock.com/sr/vampchar.html

I've got a char that would just need a tad bit of tweaking to make the Avail rules, but aside from that he'd be "street".

Likely not, but hey, I'd kinda want to play him smile.gif

Grim Shear
"Stupid Sun... Why can't I just live me dream and make it go away?"
Large Mike

No.
Tanka
Sorry if I sound a bit slow. Just SR3 core? I can manage that, then. *wanders off to begin*
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay, Large Mike, I sent ya my entry in your email...I'm dr_pure_evil. Whattayasay? Am I in? Does it pass muster?
Large Mike
Shadow, ghost is in. For everyone else's reference he's a trog with a bit of a samurai complex.

Mikey: The backround looked a bit more like a mafia footsoldier than a ganger, and whatever format that character is in, I definatly wasn't willing to wade through it to make sense of it. I know you are a capable player, and I want you in, but could we try a different character, and a different format?

For reference, the amount into the pot to beat is 44k nuyen.gif

Keep 'em coming, guys.

And when I said third edition, I didn't mean just core. I meant anything in third edition, with exceptions. (Genetech and drakes come to mind immediatly).
Shadow
Just to clarify, Samurai as in Bushido, not as in Street Sam.
Digital Heroin
*ponders* Hmmm... what are the odds a computer illiterate Troll with a 2 intelligence'd know anything about WWII?
Digital Heroin
Well, not topping the cash input... but providing a doss for the gang to headquarter out of... an owned (55k) warehouse converted to a tenament... no security, hellish conditions, but heck, it's a gang, eh?
Tanka
*smacks forehead again*

Sorry. Duh.

Hey, we got a Rigger-type in here? I'm sure I could come up with something to transport a whole bunch of trogs around...
grimshear
Ah well... nerts

Thanks for at least the vague consideration. smile.gif

Grim Shear
"It's the house from hell."
Large Mike

There are currently no riggers or psuedo-riggers. So go for it.

I was just going to make a headquarters out of the money contributed, but this works too. I may, depending on how nice I'm feeling later this afternoon, count some of the value of the warehouse towards how much you put in for consideration of more memebers and who's got the leadership position.

Grim, if you've got something, send it. I know you've got the experience I like to have in a player. Just... keep it street. And no vampires. Or free spirits. You get the idea.
Fresno Bob
Alright, I sent in my character.
Fresno Bob
Er, could you change his bike to a Harley Davidson Diablo? Its in Rigger 3. Uses the same stats as the BMW Blitzen, and for only 12K more. Also change his repair specialization to H-D Diablo, rather than Scorpion.
grimshear
The char I had ready was the one from... The "Virus" run. Beefy_Marinelife,, Glyph, and Fortune were in it too. It didn't last too long... RL conflicts for GM if I remember correctly... something about moving or some such.

It was a gang campaign, without the "money for gang" bit. Hell... I think I only had 90,000 in resources total. We didn't even get the vamp powers, just the drawbacks (which is something I whole-heartedly disagreed with, seeing as we paid 35 points for those...).

With some juggling (no dikoted Cougar longblades in this game:) ), he'd have fit right in. But as is... I don't really have anything "street" handy, so I'll bow out.

Grim Shear
"Run back to mommy you... you... nurple!"
Grey
I'm still very interested in this game, but I'm stuck on a few ideas for a character. When are you planning on getting this off the ground?
Tanka
*sigh*

Anybody have the files needed for The Shop? None of the servers listed have them anymore or are down entirely. Send to tanka@malkier.net if you have them. Thanks.
Grey
you can go to download.com and do a search for VB Runtime.

however, you should know that The Shop uses the rules from Rigger 2 and you'll end up paying more for what you would in Rigger 3. Plus some of the stuff is outdated now as well.
Tanka
I thought Shop was R3? Oh, wait, no, drek... My fault!

Nevermind.

*wanders off to make a semi for toting trogs*
Fortune
QUOTE (grimshear)
The char I had ready was the one from... The "Virus" run. Beefy_Marinelife,, Glyph, and Fortune were in it too. It didn't last too long... RL conflicts for GM if I remember correctly... something about moving or some such.

I was considering submitting Dex from that game. smile.gif
Cheese Emperor
Can we use stuff from SSG?
The_Dood
Can I still get in on this game? I'm thinking of using my Ork streetfighter if I can.
Large Mike
You can use stuff from SSG. Remember the avalibility cap.

We'll be underway as soon as I have enough characters.

Currently, who's been accepted is as follows:

Ghost, the orcish psuedo-samurai, by Shadow. I don't really have a feel for the character yet, but there seems to have been enough thought put into it that I'm not afraid. So far, he's put the most cash in, so that'd put him in leader position to start. He's pretty calm to be leading so many hot-heads. This could be fun.

Tyler Reese, on the condition that whoever sent him in come forward and tell me who they are, and how much cash they contributed to the gang.

Mickey Finn, the elf slightly-psycho buttkicker, by Last of the Great Mikeys. I have yet to decide *exactly* how I want the scorched to apply, but I'll come up with something soon. It's plently creative enough that I might even just let you do it yourself.

Nick Rowden, a human biker who took way to many freaking flaws to get an edge, but I love it anyways, so it can stay. That, and he apparently is contributing appliances to the gang-house; awesome. Welcome, Voorhees.

The amount to beat is still 44k nuyen.gif . I think I'll wait for one, maybe two more, before we begin.

Grey, tanka, send 'em in. Grim, if you have anything else, I can make room for you. I'd be more than happy to, as a matter of fact.

If anyone has any suggestions for the colors, name, etc. of the gang, you're more than welcome to message me with them. Depending on how lazy I am, I'll either tell you what the gang's like or give you guys some options to vote on fairly quick here.

Oh, and anyone else sending me characters, please, please just take the time to write them out proper. Sorting through copy/pasted messes is giving me a headache. No offence, guys.

edit: misread SSG to mean something else.
Cheese Emperor
Sounds good. I should shoot Iceman your way sometime tonight. Finishing up bio now.
Tanka
Done and done. Say hello to Kake, everybody, your pseudo-Rigger! biggrin.gif

Oh, if anybody's wondering... The name comes from Random Troll A I had no name for (There were a few of those...), so we rolled up his name. We came up with K, A, E, K, so it was natural to pick "Kake" as a Troll name. nyahnyah.gif

So, here's the new Kake. Hope you enjoy him.

Oh, and, yes, he drives a semi-truck. Fear the gang-in-a-box. spin.gif
Large Mike

Kake's in. Welcome aboard, tanka.

Contributing anything, money-wise?
Tanka
Uh... I think, from creation, I have twenty-seven nuyen... So throw that down and it'll round me down. ;p

Other than that... No. Just living quaters for five other people, six if they want to be friendly.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hmmm...gang with a semi truck...how about we call 'em MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE In homage to the movie of the same name where everyone in the movie is under siege by a bunch of "remote piloted" semi trucks? devil.gif
Digital Heroin
Certainly provides a change to the typical go-gang.
Fresno Bob
That, and he apparently is contributing appliances to the gang-house.

Haha...the other gang members better make sure they label their food in the fridge, lest Nick eat it.
Otaku On Acid
Would an Otaku be welcome in this little group? I know they are typically involved in tribes, but some do end up with more normal company. He could help by jacking phone and electricty to the warehouse and taking care of the countless parking tickets and parking tickets that semi is going to get. If so, I'll bring in a character I have been working on, I'll need an exception to the techincal skills limit, but everything else should be fine.
Fresno Bob
Don't Otakus like, never leave the Matrix or something? I'm a bit fuzzy on them... Hmm, but if there were an Otaku, he could mess with Nick's police record...
Large Mike

The list of stuff that's too fruity for this strictly street game includes Otaku. Sorry.

Whoever made Tyler Resse, you'd better claim credit damned quickly. I'm starting to put together the NPC gang memebers and give everyone options on the gang colors and whatnot.

And Grey, get cracking.

As I mentioned before, I'm not closing the game completely when it starts. If you have a character you'd like to add, go crazy and send it to me, but if we're full at that time, it'll have to be fairly impressive to make it in.

So far, the gang has combined funds of 89 000 nuyen.gif . I'll be buying the gang a permanent lifestyle (advanced rules) and NPC gang members out of that.
Digital Heroin
What's this gang-house that's been contributed anyway? I mention I'd bought up a warehouse permanant-like to contribute, but I may scrap it... might not fit my Blitzkreig too well...
Large Mike

I figured no one has done it, so I just created the gang house myself. She's done, she's paid for. Don't worry about it.
Digital Heroin
Alrighty then... looks like I have another 55k nuyen.gif to contribute to the group, on top of the, like 30k I already planned on tossing in... hmm... maybe I should lower Kreig's resources... barroom fighters don't tend to get that rich... well, there is the drug dealing...
The_Dood
Sorry, Tyler is mine and he can contribute 40k.
Shadow
Possible Gang Names:

Code Red

Crimson Blade

Bleeding Edge

Dogs of War

Jolly Rogers

Core

Gang concepts,

Honor among thieves. We charge protection, but we actually provide it. We guard and patrol the streets better than the cops. Someone does something on our streets, we make them pay, and I mean in cold hard cred.
Digital Heroin
Honor? Err... *eyes Kreig* Drug pushing honor? Then again he can do the protection racket well...

Not sure about the gang names... Jolly Rogers strikes me as too pirate... and a few seem military more than anything...

Bleeding Edge sounds cool though, definitly a boast.
Grey
My character is in. His name is Jake. I got just under 5k to give to the gang.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012