Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The missing peices...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Method
So I was putting my SR library back in order after a recent move. I finally picked up SoA, which completed my collection. cool.gif

Anyway I got to wondering about some of the gaps in the old catalog numbers Fasa used to use. Obviously there were some projects in the works that got scrapped. I figured someone around here (Adam? Freelancers?) might know a few tidbits about the books that never saw the light of day.

For example the 7200 series included most of the location source books, but they jump from 7216 (New Seattle) to 7219 (Target: Matrix). Anybody know what happened to 7217 and 7218?

Or the 7300 series, which included the published adventures, runs from 7320 (Harlequins Back) to 7322 (Super Tuesday) but there is no 7321?

Just curious really...
Demonseed Elite
I'm not really sure those lost numbers ever actually corresponded to planned books.
Abstruse
They may have been books which were planned but scrapped or the numbers skipped over for other reasons -- possibly as simple as 7321 was an unlucky number to someone on the staff. The only book for Shadowrun that was planned but not released that I know of is Shadows of Latin America.

The Abstruse One
Lindt
That reminds me, is there a future for SoLA? Netbook perhaps?
Method
I've heard talk that they may release SoLA as a netbook to promote the opening of HoloStreets. I'm sure its mentioned in a thread or two if you search around.

As far as the missing numbers, superstition and random gaps aside, doesn't it seem more reasonable that they had plans for books that were never released?

Maybe the only people who would know were those working at FASA at the time...

Maybe we will never know... smile.gif
Mr. Man
QUOTE (Shadowrun FAQ)
Looking at the list of FASA/FanPro Shadowrun books, there are some product numbers/books missing. What happened to 7106, 7111 and 7321?

7106 was the first edition version of the Grimoire. It was replaced by FAS 7903 Grimoire.
7111 was the DMZ boxed set (out of print).
7321 was simply assigned to a book that was later dropped from the schedule.
Note that FAS 7304 Queen Euphoria was originally misprinted with the product number 7205 (which belongs to the Universal Brotherhood sourcebook/adventure).
Method
QUOTE (Mr. Man @ Jun 12 2007, 09:52 AM)
QUOTE (Shadowrun FAQ)

7321 was simply assigned to a book that was later dropped from the schedule.

I'm really more interested in what the concept for this "dropped" book was.
DuckEggBlue Omega
I remeber once hearing about a kind of Horrors in the Shadows book that ended up having it's better parts (shedim) absorbed into Threats2 and the Comet stuff.

Ofcourse my memory on it is hazy, may have just been forum speculation or something. The Big Book of Boo Scary ring any bells for anyone?
Adam
I don't think The Boo Scary Book of the Shadowrun Night was ever assigned a stock number, as it was never even assigned a real name. smile.gif

IIRC, 7321 was going to be an adventure set called "Running Short," designed to be shorter 'runs to be inserted in a campaign when your entire gaming group couldn't get together.
Link
QUOTE (Adam)
IIRC, 7321 was going to be an adventure set called "Running Short," designed to be shorter 'runs to be inserted in a campaign when your entire gaming group couldn't get together.

I think dwarf runners were to feature heavily in that book. biggrin.gif
DuckEggBlue Omega
QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 13 2007, 02:25 PM)
it was never even assigned a real name. smile.gif

'The Boo Scary Book of the Shadowrun Night' isn't just a real name, it's one of the best names ever! biggrin.gif
Chibu
SO, I've been thinking about writing some Horrors conversions and storylines for SR. Maybe I'll eventually get around to that. If I do, I suppose I'll just have to title the book 'The Boo Scary Book of the Shadowrun Night'. ^-^
Zolhex
QUOTE (Adam)

This would be cool to have maybe they could do it for 4th?
Snow_Fox
I keep hearing SoLA will/is a netbook but that doesn't really help me. I like something in my hands.
Ancient History
At this point, those of us freelancers who worked on SoLA (more than you'd think, actuall) still make reference to the material so that everything will be smooth and canonical when and if it ever sees the light of day. What that basically equates to is that a lot of the time you'll ask a freelancer about something and they'll say "Oh, yeah, that's in SoLA." Eventually, the myth of SoLA will be so great, the terrific book with all the answers, that if we ever release it the book would never live up to everyone's expectations.

But hey. At least none of the freelancers have completely embraced the idea that SoLA will never be released and started yankin' y'all's chains by claiming that there are answers in SoLA that don't actually exist. Building expectations for the book up even higher when they know you'll never see it.

That would be mean.

vegm.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012