Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SRRPG update
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Synner
For those who haven't caught it, the official website has been updated with news from the front lines including a schedule update.

Noteworthy news:
  • Emergence is finally off to press. Art previews are also up (including a couple of my favorites)
  • Augmentation will precede Arsenal on the release schedule.
  • Corp Enclaves featuring Neo-Tokyo, Los Angeles, Nairobi, Dubai, New York, Europort, and Tenochtitlan will be next.
  • Arsenal will wrap up our releases this year.
  • Unwired will be one of our first releases next year.

Larsine
How about the PDF update of SR4? We have been waiting for months now frown.gif

Lars
Zen Shooter01
The art for Emergence looks great. Very evocative, very enlightening.
Jrayjoker
Thank you for the update and linky. Much appreciated. And Lars, pester Adam if you want info on the PDF. He'll be polite, even if you come off as rude.
Synner
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Jun 14 2007, 01:11 PM)
The art for Emergence looks great. Very evocative, very enlightening.

On behalf of the artists and myself: thanks. This was my first gig at art direction and I got to work with a bunch of great artists (many of which were taking their first stab at Shadowrun) and some of my favorite regulars like Klaus, Abrar, and Chad.
Redjack
I am cautiously optimistic (ok, pretty excited) about these projected dates!!
And the artwork is really nice.
Moon-Hawk
Good stuff, thanks Synner.
I plan to buy all of them.
I love the new art!
Ooh, that was a Haiku!
Have I been smoking something, or did Arsenal get bumped? I thought Arsenal was supposed to be after Emergence, why the switch? (not that I'm complaining, Arsenal and Augmentation are tied on my list of OMFG-WANT!!!)
MYST1C
Really good news - and really nice artwork!
hobgoblin
hmm, no unwired before 2008. a whole year of matrix debates, yay...

also, the small tidbits hidden inside the augmentation writeup; biodrones, full body cyborgs, makes for one interesting wait wink.gif

man i need to get back up to speed on my SR4 collection. i have not gotten around to getting street magic frown.gif
Synner
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Jun 14 2007, 03:09 PM)
Have I been smoking something, or did Arsenal get bumped?  I thought Arsenal was supposed to be after Emergence, why the switch?  (not that I'm complaining, Arsenal and Augmentation are tied on my list of OMFG-

Arsenal like Emergence has suffered various development delays due in part to the change of licensees. Since Augmentation was almost ready to go so we decided to move ahead with that and buy ourselves some more time to hammer Arsenal into shape.
Moon-Hawk
I see. Thanks.
Adam
QUOTE (Larsine)
How about the PDF update of SR4? We have been waiting for months now frown.gif

Lars

Still working out details with all the PDF providers. It's more complex than just sending the updated file to them, since we're a new company that wants to give something away for free to a whole bunch of customers of a different company.
knasser

Finally some movement! Fantastic. Although I have no interest in Emergence (a whole book structured around a character-type I've dropped from my game), the artwork looks very good. I much prefer the first and last pieces to the more cartoony second and third ones.

I really wanted Arsenal, but Augmentation will also be very good. I hope this means we get some revised rules for cyberlimbs. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm going to take a while chance here and trust the information on when they'll be released. The site just sounds so... confident! biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
...with Arsenal getting pushed to the back of the bus, looks like I have plenty of time to not only to finish running Rhapsody In Shadow, but also pull Enemy of the Tir out of mothballs as well (also a pre-crash campaign).

Looks like i'll have to wait for X-mas '07 for any new toys. frown.gif
Synner
QUOTE (knasser @ Jun 14 2007, 05:37 PM)
Finally some movement! Fantastic. Although I have no interest in Emergence (a whole book structured around a character-type I've dropped from my game), the artwork looks very good.

I really wouldn't rule out Emergence quite yet. Even if you're not keen on technomancers, there are a couple of big, big twists in store even for you. There's a reason the blurb says Emergence "may change the way [the runners] view the world and the Matrix—and each other."
2bit
umm... custom colorizing mods for cybereyes?
hobgoblin
QUOTE (2bit)

if thats a joke, i dont get it...
Ravor
Looking at the world through Rose-Colored Glasses Cybereyes...
2bit
"may change the way [the runners] view the world and the Matrix—and each other."
more clear?
Synner
QUOTE (2bit)

Nope, those would be in Augmentation... nyahnyah.gif
hobgoblin
Looking at the world through Rose-Colored Glasses Cybereyes...

i worried that it would be something like that...
BookWyrm
One, let me say that I am glad we got an update on the books we've all been waiting for. Once I get some ordering info (ISBN, catalog number, a more definitive release date, ect.), I'll order mine.

Two, I have one overall question: Will the change in licencee cause a change in systems? I.E, "We're with (RPG Company X) now, so we're converting to their rules now. Permanently. End of story."
hobgoblin
i find the question highly unlikely...
knasser
QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (knasser @ Jun 14 2007, 05:37 PM)
Finally some movement! Fantastic. Although I have no interest in Emergence (a whole book structured around a character-type I've dropped from my game), the artwork looks very good.

I really wouldn't rule out Emergence quite yet. Even if you're not keen on technomancers, there are a couple of big, big twists in store even for you. There's a reason the blurb says Emergence "may change the way [the runners] view the world and the Matrix—and each other."

Oh I will probably buy the PDF in this case if only so that I can keep up with all the canon material on the setting. It's just unfortunate that what appears to be the main metaplot for the new edition is based around a particular character archetype. Even if it were a character archetype that I liked, I'd consider this to be a weakness. You never know who the player of a particular archetype is in a group. Maybe it's the best role-player, maybe it's the girl who keeps wandering off to play on the playstation. Or maybe the group doesn't have that archetype at all. At any rate, it makes the focus of the plot something that is very hit or miss for different groups.

Anyway, it wasn't my intention to be negative here. I have no doubt, based on SR4 products so far, that the implementation of Emergence will be excellent. It's simply that it appears the wrong thing for me. Arsenal, Augmentation and Corporate Enclaves are far more likely to be of use to me and I'm really, really pleased to see that they're on their way. And I will be more than happy to loudly backtrack if I'm wrong about Emergence's usefulness to me, rest assured. smile.gif
edrift101
Well this is great news! Can't wait to get my hands on these the new books.

On a side note: I'll be sending in my information for a chance to work (freelance art) for these guys. I've sent the company information on to a couple friends, as well. smile.gif
Larsine
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
And Lars, pester Adam if you want info on the PDF. He'll be polite, even if you come off as rude.

Been there, done that, and Adams answer was OK if not what I hoped for.

The main reason why I'm asking for the revised PDF, is that I have found a bunch of mistakes in the PDF after the old erratta thread was closed, but it seems silly to post these before I see what has been corrected.

Lars
Adam
QUOTE (BookWyrm)
Two, I have one overall question: Will the change in licencee cause a change in systems? I.E, "We're with (RPG Company X) now, so we're converting to their rules now. Permanently. End of story."

No.
Kyoto Kid
...now moving up Corp Enclaves, is good. I've been hungering for more setting fluff. I'm especially looking forward to the write-ups on New York, Europort and Dubai.
knasser
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...now moving up Corp Enclaves, is good. I've been hungering for more setting fluff. I'm especially looking forward to the write-ups on New York, Europort and Dubai.

Where is Europort?
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (knasser)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Jun 14 2007, 07:58 PM)
...now moving up Corp Enclaves, is good.  I've been hungering for more setting fluff.  I'm especially looking forward to the write-ups on New York, Europort and Dubai.

Where is Europort?

It is where you plug in Europe, duh.
2bit
QUOTE (knasser)
...now moving up Corp Enclaves, is good.  I've been hungering for more setting fluff.  I'm especially looking forward to the write-ups on New York, Europort and Dubai.

Where is Europort?

Right between yer "N" port and yer "P" port.
Crusufix
QUOTE (2bit)
QUOTE (knasser @ Jun 14 2007, 03:35 PM)

Where is Europort?

*shakes head*

*shakes head really low*
knasser
QUOTE (2bit)

Where is Europort?

I'm going to become immensely rich when I discover a method of slapping people over the Internet.

(Actually, that was pretty funny rotfl.gif grinbig.gif ).

I still don't know where Europort is, though. frown.gif
Demerzel
QUOTE (knasser)
I'm going to become immensely rich when I discover a method of slapping people over the Internet.

Nah, you'll just be the worlds first decker, and someone here will post the news article of you getting arested for trying to do something you saw in Shadowrun.
Athanatos
Oh come on... We all know he'd think he was Bob The Great Dragon lol.
Ophis
QUOTE (2bit)

Where is Europort?

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

That is all.
Kyoto Kid
...Europort is in the Netherlands. It has basically replaced Amsterdam (much of which was inundated by toxic sludge) as the major centre of commerce.

See Netherlands file in Shadows of Europe
Casper
Europort?
Wanderer
QUOTE (Adam)
Still working out details with all the PDF providers. It's more complex than just sending the updated file to them, since we're a new company that wants to give something away for free to a whole bunch of customers of a different company.

Hmm, speaking about PDF, is the PDF version of Augmentation and other future books still going to be released alongside deadtree as it was with old company ? Since this book goes into my "get ASAP" column (hence I'm much overjoyed that it switched place to get before Arsenal), and postal service in August in my country is notoriously inefficient, I'd like to be able and buy PDF first, then get deadtree at leisure, to cut down on delays.
Narmio
I gotta weigh in with the people who're giving props to the new art. Looking very cool. I don't know what that last chick bound to some kind of circle with an AR/Astral form floating out of her is, but I like it.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Synner)
There's a reason the blurb says Emergence "may change the way [the runners] view the world and the Matrix—and each other."

It's Mona Lisa Overdrive gone SR?

QUOTE (knasser)

Ah, the #3 on bash.org Top 100.

QUOTE (Adam)

..and there was silly me who hoped that by previsionaly having bought at BattleCorps, I would have cut out that middleman. wink.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Wanderer)
Hmm, speaking about PDF, is the PDF version of Augmentation and other future books still going to be released alongside deadtree as it was with old company ? Since this book goes into my "get ASAP" column (hence I'm much overjoyed that it switched place to get before Arsenal), and postal service in August in my country is notoriously inefficient, I'd like to be able and buy PDF first, then get deadtree at leisure, to cut down on delays.

FanPro released most books as eBooks in advance of print release; I'm not sure why you're saying that they were "released alongside deadtree" ...

PDF releases dates in advance of print dates will happen, but exactly how far in advance is still being determined, and may change as we experiment and deal with some of the new business situations.
Wanderer
QUOTE (Adam)
FanPro released most books as eBooks in advance of print release; I'm not sure why you're saying that they were "released alongside deadtree" ...

PDF releases dates in advance of print dates will happen, but exactly how far in advance is still being determined, and may change as we experiment and deal with some of the new business situations.

yup, you have just made a very happy customer. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I did remember Fanpro released PDF somewhat before I got the print version available (a policy I am much approving of, since it gives me the opportunity to enjoy much wanted books well before the vagaries of international distribution, and doubles the buyings I do, first the PDF, then the print), but since I generally get books at least 3-4 weeks after US release, I just was fuzzy about how much before exactly. The last PDF I got and really cared about (as opposed to Runners Havens and the Screen booklet, for completist purposes) was Street Magic, I think you may excuse a slightly defective memory. wink.gif
Zolhex
Question on Dubai are the man made palm tree shaped islands in exstance in Shadowrun?

Also while I like my fluff books always have why produce fluff books before you produce all the core books that are needed for advanced gaming?
Adam
QUOTE (Casazil @ Jun 14 2007, 10:57 PM)
Also while I like my fluff books always have why produce fluff books before you produce all the core books that are needed for advanced gaming?

Because some people want "fluff books" before they want "advanced gaming." There needs to be balance in releases, or people get burned out on only one thing or only the other. The SR4 release schedule has been slower than hell, but relatively balanced, as it was intended.

There are also production factors, as it's often different people that write the rulebooks vs. those that write the sourcebooks, development time, playtesting, and other factors: producing 3-6 rulebooks in a row without getting the chance to play around with the world a bit is harder than staggering them out.
Zolhex
Ok I can see your point there Adam thanks for answering even if you only answered 1 of 2 oh well guess it's one of those wait and see things
Backgammon
Here's a question no one asked: When the hell is Gencon??
Larsine
QUOTE (Backgammon)
Here's a question no one asked: When the hell is Gencon??

According to http://www.gencon.com it's August 16-19, 2007.

Lars
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Adam)
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Jun 14 2007, 01:39 PM)

No.

Thank you, Adam.
Da9iel
Yay! Still cancer free!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012