Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raygun's Shadowrun & Firearms
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lazarus
Anyone have any news on what's going to happen with Raygun's Shadowrun & Firearms website? I haven't been on here in a little while and just wondering what's the skinny. I know that Dumpshock has moved servers recently or they had a crash or something like that.

Any word would be great. Thanks in advance!
Wounded Ronin
I second this request in order to make it seem more urgent and important.
Snow_Fox
I just tried to go there and couldn't, but it's on on and off.
Fygg Nuuton
I've been trying to get on too, and the wayback machine is SO slow.
Wounded Ronin
Where is Raygun, anyway? Did he get chewed up and swallowed by the Dept. of Homeland Security for displaying actual knowledge about weapons on the interweb?
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
Where is Raygun, anyway? Did he get chewed up and swallowed by the Dept. of Homeland Security for displaying actual knowledge about weapons on the interweb?

ZING!

rotfl.gif
Fygg Nuuton
No way! He won an all expenses payed vacation to Gitmo! I hear it's relly nice this time of year.
Lazarus
Looks like I'm not the only one who cares about that site. A whole other five or six peoples! Nah. I hope Dumpshock puts that site back up soon. I loved that site. Changed how I ran SR. Props to Raygun and a great site.

Also anyone else know what happened to Shadowrun Dead End? It had an awesome martial arts section.
Critias
Nah, there's a few more of us who liked Raygun's stuff, trust me.
Konsaki
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)

If it's the same Raygun, and I'm pretty sure it is, he's over on the Animalball Forums some of the time.
eidolon
Raygun's stuff is awesome.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Critias)
Nah, there's a few more of us who liked Raygun's stuff, trust me.

...I have his firearms supplement loaded into my copy of the NSRCG & a lot of characters who have chosen weapons from it.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Lazarus)

Also anyone else know what happened to Shadowrun Dead End? It had an awesome martial arts section.

Holy crap! I was actually involved in writing some of that, way back in the day, in my salad days. I'd have done it differently now but in any case it gave me years of fun and enjoyment.

Considering that I haven't even looked at that page in years if it's down my guess is that everyone who used to be involved there just isn't anymore.

I'm totally flattered that someone saw stuff I worked on years ago and liked it, though. You just made my day.
Lazarus
Oh yeah WR I loved that site! It had all kinds of great stuff from the animal totems for adepts like Dragon Old and New to the various martial arts styles and special maneuvers. Plus it add a few really cool runs on it. I think I still have one that I printed out and ran for a group. That site and Raygun's were my two favorite sites. I referenced them all the time when I GMed or played SR.

So, yes, it teh sucks that both of them are no more.

frown.gif
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Lazarus)
Oh yeah WR I loved that site! It had all kinds of great stuff from the animal totems for adepts like Dragon Old and New to the various martial arts styles and special maneuvers. Plus it add a few really cool runs on it. I think I still have one that I printed out and ran for a group. That site and Raygun's were my two favorite sites. I referenced them all the time when I GMed or played SR.

So, yes, it teh sucks that both of them are no more.

frown.gif

Your post really brings back memories. I'd written some of the runs for that site and I also worked on the Dragon adept paths. You know, I might have some of those files thousands of miles across the Pacific back in a storage closet in the US and I might even be able to access them in about a year. If you're interested I can see if I've got copies of some of the info that was on that site which I'd worked on.

Like I said, I'd write differently today, but I had a lot of fun working on that material and it was certainly a learning experience, and I've got a lot of fond memories of my games I ran years ago using those materials.
TheOneRonin
If anyone can provide a place for me to host it, I have a PDF of his site that I cobbled together last month. I had Raygun send me all the files and I did an impromptu PDF of the thing. It's not really pretty, as the site isn't in the ideal format for PDF, but it is functional.

At any rate, it's about 8MB, so relatively tiny. Just shoot me the URL where I can upload it, and I'll be more than happy to spread the love.
Kagetenshi
If you send it to my username at kanshishakage.net I can toss it up somewhere. I could toss up the original files, too, if desired.

~J
TheOneRonin
The PDF is on its way, Kage.

However, I'm not entirely comfortable sending the individual files. I'll try to catch Raygun on AIM and see if he is okay with someone else hosting his page, but I won't send anything until he gives me the okay.

Critias
If you run into him, Ronin, tell him Crit an' Flea say howdy. wink.gif
Kagetenshi
Raygun's stuff, as converted by TheOneRonin.

~J
Kyoto Kid
..To quote Shadowbeat

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

--Another satisfied customer

X-Mas came early this year.

Thank you for posting this link. notworthy.gif
Lazarus
Kage you are the best! Tell Raygun thanks for the site and thanks for posting it!

All the goodies are back! We got the long distance now we just need the short distance.

Come on SRDE!
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Raygun's stuff, as converted by TheOneRonin.

~J

Oogachakaoogachaka!
Raygun
Hey guys. I guess you all have access to the PDF on account of TheOneRonin and Kage (thanks, guys). I also am in the process of uploading the site to my own domain as I type this. You can find it at http://www.rayguncharlie.net/sr/

I don't know what happened to matrix.dumpshock.com (Dumpshock's small hosting section). Haven't heard anything from Mark or Adam about it.

I haven't been around Dumpshock much for the last year or so because, honestly, I don't play SR anymore (haven't played any RPG for years at this point) and my interest in developing anything for a game I don't get the opportunity to play has waned to the point that I just can't justify spending the time on it anymore. I had a lot of fun putting together what I did and talking about it here on Dumpshock and it's nice to know that you guys appreciate my work.

If anyone needs to get a hold of me, you can do so any time at raygun2112(at)hotmail(dot)com.
Lazarus
He has returned! Spirits be praised. All will be well.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Raygun)
Hey guys. I guess you all have access to the PDF on account of TheOneRonin and Kage (thanks, guys). I also am in the process of uploading the site to my own domain as I type this. You can find it at http://www.rayguncharlie.net/sr/

I don't know what happened to matrix.dumpshock.com (Dumpshock's small hosting section). Haven't heard anything from Mark or Adam about it.

I haven't been around Dumpshock much for the last year or so because, honestly, I don't play SR anymore (haven't played any RPG for years at this point) and my interest in developing anything for a game I don't get the opportunity to play has waned to the point that I just can't justify spending the time on it anymore. I had a lot of fun putting together what I did and talking about it here on Dumpshock and it's nice to know that you guys appreciate my work.

If anyone needs to get a hold of me, you can do so any time at raygun2112(at)hotmail(dot)com.

Raygun! You're ALIVE, and not in Gitmo! I'm so happy! How have you been?
Raygun
Hey, WR. I'm good, staying out of trouble. Yourself?
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Raygun)
Hey, WR. I'm good, staying out of trouble. Yourself?

Quite a lot has gone down with me recently. I'll send you a quick PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012