Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you steal or convert IC?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abbandon
Here are some questions about IC.

#1. Can you "steal" an agent/IC? Is it possable to either take control of them or run a copy program against them?

#2. What exactly gives an agent/ic their commands and can those commands be faked or made up?? For example: "You now work for Bob, comply".

#3. Are there any programs to freeze IC, so they can be copied or just to bypass them without having to break them.

These questions came about from thinking of IC as if they were drones which can be stolen or reprogrammed.
Cadmus
I don't know...though I’ve alerted the local angry mob about your pun at the top, you should receive your angry mob in 4 to 6 weeks,

Do to shortages in torches the torches will be delivered in 4 to 8 weeks, because it is important that you are satisfied with your angry mob we apologize for the inconvenience and to make amends we have issues double the number of pitch forks to your mob.

Thank you

Angry Mobs inc.
Aaron
QUOTE (Abbandon)
#1. Can you "steal" an agent/IC? Is it possable to either take control of them or run a copy program against them?

I believe you can Spoof a command to them that would effectively do so, yes. Of course, you'd first have to find the Matrix ID of an icon that is allowed to give orders to the IC.

QUOTE (Abbandon)
#2. What exactly gives an agent/ic their commands and can those commands be faked or made up??  For example:  "You now work for Bob, comply".

The IC probably has been given commands to that effect already. For example, "Only take orders from Alice." If Bob wanted to give commands to the IC, he would have to find Alice's Matrix ID and then use it to Spoof a command like "Also take orders from Bob."

QUOTE (Abbandon)
#3.  Are there any programs to freeze IC, so they can be copied or just to bypass them without having to break them.

Not at the moment. Although I imagine a system on which one crashes an IC program has a copy in storage. Of course, one would have to break the copy protection before they could steal it; if your GM is nice, you might even be able to copy the program first and work on the protection from the safety of your own node.
Buster
You might be able to crack their protection after they've been destroyed like any other program, but my thought are that they are more like network appliances that have hardware/firmware components that can't be downloaded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012