Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick question (From 1st ed!) -- Street Samurai
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wakshaani
In the original Street Samurai guide, there were a couple of things removed between printings, covered up with "Banned" and the like. I *think* that one was the first iteration of AP Ammo, but, beyond that, I haven't a clue.

Anybody know? Help a guy get past his OCD and to bed?

I'd be much obliged.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Wakshaani)
In the original Street Samurai guide, there were a couple of things removed between printings, covered up with "Banned" and the like. I *think* that one was the first iteration of AP Ammo, but, beyond that, I haven't a clue.

Anybody know? Help a guy get past his OCD and to bed?

I'd be much obliged.

I'm not near my SSC right now but IIRC the "obsolete" item were Firepower ammo (giving pistols higher damage codes), extended magazines and some kind of higher-damage-grenades (forgot the name).

Firepower ammo became obsolete with SR2's new damage system, the old extended magazine sizes became standard, the grenades made a comeback in Fields of Fire.
2bit
IPE grenades, was it?
Wakshaani
I thank you and my crazy thanks you.

smile.gif
FrankTrollman
Weren't reactive triggers in that list as well? You know, the things that allowed you to fire a semi automatic as a Simple Action...

-Frank
Zolhex
Page 34 SSC 1st ed:

clips and magazines increased your weapon's ammo-carrying capacity which didn't reduce your concealability.

With one of these improved clips, you'll never run out of ammunition at the least opportune moment. Patented by Ares Arms, these clips and magazines increase the internal capability of the weapon by as much as 50 percent, withoutincreasing it's size.

Page 34 SSC 2nd ed:

Banned

Page 35 SSC 1st ed:

Firepower ammo custom-designed for the predator 2 same weight as conventional ammo, but greater punch.

From Ares Arms comes heavy pistol ammunitionthat puts new life into your old-reliable! Couple that with the redesign of the Predator heavy pistol, and Ares once again asserts its dominance of the market. No other manufacturer even comes close!

Page 35 SSC 2nd ed:

Banned

Page 66 SSC 1st ed:

Personal explosives same size as conventional grenades but with a greater blast effect.

The Winter Systems IPE grenade series uses their patented KLV-IV explosive compound for the first time in a delivery system smaller than a mortar round. The same size as a normal grenade, the IPE grenade delivers a greater blast than conventional explosives, at the same weight.

Page 66 SSC 2nd ed:

Banned

There ya go now you know now go to bed oh wait you probally already did. Sorry I went to bed maybe 10 min before you asked your question.
Zolhex
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
Weren't reactive triggers in that list as well? You know, the things that allowed you to fire a semi automatic as a Simple Action...

-Frank

Nope what I listed was all that was banned from 1st to 2nd.
Naysayer
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)

-Frank

Yes and no. Reactive trggers were introduced with the Predator II, and the entry for that gun had some rules-text that basically said that all pistols could be rigged with those triggers, but they did not have their own entry.

Plus some nittybitty nitpicking: technically, they didn't allow to fire semi-auto as a simple action, as the concept of Simple Actions had not been introduced until 2nd ed.
They just made your gun shoot twice per action. wink.gif

[edited b/c too dumb to type]
2bit
was the concept behind the reactive trigger that the gun shoots once when you squeeze it, and again when you release it? That's what I have in my head but it's been sooooo long....
streetangelj
Actually, technically "reactive triggers" were introduced with the Browning Ultra-power and modifying them for other weapons was introduced in Winger's comments on the Predator II. The actual description of the BU-P doesn't say anything about the trigger, it says it has a "revolutionary new chamber recycling system" that fires twice as fast. I dug up my copies of the books to PM Wak with the info via RPG.net this morning 'cuz I just now got cleared to post here.

EDIT: WOW! was i nitpicking waaaaay too much here or was it just me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012