Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scheduled Release Dates
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
GM on the Threshold
Although I know people have already seen the word on new books, I thought I'd mention that Diamond Comics Distribution's Previews Magazing and Game Trade Magazine both have the listings and catalogue numbers for Augmentation and Emergence in print.

CAT 26002 Shadowrun: Augmentation $34.99 (August 2007)
CAT 26301 Shadowrun: Emergence $24.99 (July 2007)

Diamond can be fairly picky about having correct release dates in their publications, so I'd say the dry spell is finally over. biggrin.gif
Zolhex
Well technically emergence is out.
Backgammon
Technically I won't believe Augmentation's August release till the book is in my hands.
Adam
QUOTE (Casazil)
Well technically emergence is out.

Diamond, being a book distributor, only cares about the physical books. smile.gif
Zen Shooter01
$35? It must be the Big Book of Borg Badasses.
Dashifen
Hasn't $35 been the going rate for the rulebooks? Both SR4 and Street Magic were $35 if I remember correctly.
Bull
QUOTE (GM on the Threshold)
Diamond can be fairly picky about having correct release dates in their publications, so I'd say the dry spell is finally over. biggrin.gif

Heh. In theory. Of course, this is also the main distributor for Marvel and DC, and well.. If you follow comics, you're well aware of the chronic and massive delays and constant schedule shuffle that almost anything Mark Millar has his hands on (Ultimates Vol 2, which managed barely 3 issues in a year, and Civil War which got delayed by a month+ twice) and the other Miller, Frank's All Star Batman & Robin (1 issue in 12 months. Sheesh!).

Sadly, it's becoming more and more common for delays to happen in pretty much all aspects of our hobby. Part of this is the internet and the advent of instant communication and the LONG lead time companies like Amazon and other sellers/distributors insist on, and part of it is simply laxity on the part of the publishers. Fans will snap it up whether it's a month early or 12 months late, so why bother trying frown.gif

(And this isn;t a dig at the FanPro/Catalyst guys. I know all too well their situation, and while it's not ideal, I do understand and accept it, and hope they can only improve things with the new company)

Bull
deek
How much of a service would it cost for a hobbyist to get a "decent" printed and bound copy of a book from PDF? I don't want to discuss legality or other issues, so for any response to this, please assume everything is legit.

My thoughts are, if I ended up having to spend $50, in order to get a PDF early and get a "decent" printed copy, I'd be willing to pay that to not have to wait. A lot of us are already paying that, the $20 for the PDF and then $35 for a hardcopy months later...I know there are ad hoc printing services available via the internet and some of them are pretty solid quality for not that low of a price...
kzt
QUOTE (deek)
How much of a service would it cost for a hobbyist to get a "decent" printed and bound copy of a book from PDF?

Can you print it doublesided? If you can, Kinko's can bind it pretty cheap. If not, it's somewhat expensive to have them print it out and bind it. I did that for some manuals that only came in PDF a few years ago.
deek
QUOTE (kzt)
QUOTE (deek @ Jun 28 2007, 07:32 AM)
How much of a service would it cost for a hobbyist to get a "decent" printed and bound copy of a book from PDF?

Can you print it doublesided? If you can, Kinko's can bind it pretty cheap. If not, it's somewhat expensive to have them print it out and bind it. I did that for some manuals that only came in PDF a few years ago.

Most of the printers I have used can print double-sided, but I know that there are online services that you can just send a PDF to and they will print and bind it...I guess my thought is, in this day and age, you can print books in small runs, so there should be a way to pay a premium, but get the book printed sooner, on an ad hoc basis...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012