Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 Critters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Omar the Falcon
Is there anyone with this book that could help me with a few critters? I got a copy of the GM Screen, but the whole critter booklet was missing.. and I can not find one anywhere (ebay or other).
Angelone
I have a copy what did you need?
Kagetenshi
It's available for free download a few places (legitimately).

~J
Angelone
Yeah, forgot to mention that I got my copy at Drivethrurpg.com
Omar the Falcon
Really? I was unable to find it anywhere. The FanPro site doesnt even have it, nor does the main SR site.
Kagetenshi
Here.

~J
eidolon
Critters for $0.00 at Drivethrurpg.com
Angelone
Here it is

EDIT- Wow scoped TWICE. My ego...
Omar the Falcon
Got it! Thanks alot folks... I wish I had known about this place before I spent $25 on a copy of Bug City.. *grumble*
Kagetenshi
It was money worth spending.

Unless you could have spent it on Shadowbeat or Horrors, of course.

~J
Omar the Falcon
Shadowbeast and Horrors? What are those about?
ninjajester
Shadowbeat was a 1st edition sourcebook that was loaded with flavor for the setting, focused mainly on entertainment. Sports, music, technology, chips, and trid were all covered. It also gave rules for running more entertainment related games: groups of rockers, reporters, etc. It was a great read.

Horrors is a super scary sourcebook for Earthdawn detailing the main bad guys of the setting. Horrors feed on negative emotions and thus make for twisted, messed up, creepy, scary antagonists. The book's a great read as well, even if you never plan on playing Earthdawn. Although you'll probably want to after reading it...

MITJA3000+
^Does the book Scourge Unending have all the same stuff as Horrors?
ninjajester
It's basically an updated version, yeah, but I think the stories are much better in Horrors... There are adventure hooks laced all through that tome, like the Mad Passions possibly intentionally sacrificing their sanity to protect the world against Ristul's hunger...

Kagetenshi
QUOTE (MITJA3000+)

It has a better variety of Horrors, but has much, much less flavour. Worth buying, but not on my list of all-time best role-playing books ever, anywhere, while Horrors is at the top of the list.

~J
Angelone
Just bought Horrors, you'd better be right sarcastic.gif
Kagetenshi
Read it, then tell me if I am.

~J
Herald of Verjigorm
Many are awed and terrified from the tale that begins on page 25, but your fears may vary.
ninjajester
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (MITJA3000 @ +Jul 2 2007, 02:11 AM)

It has a better variety of Horrors, but has much, much less flavour. Worth buying, but not on my list of all-time best role-playing books ever, anywhere, while Horrors is at the top of the list.

~J

Exactly. Horrors is great creepy bedtime reading.

Angelone
It wasn't bad. I liked Nemesis. Ristul was interesting. Joie was the most creepy to me, I have RL nightmares simular to the story. Giftbringer was pretty cool. Tempter was just love.gif . I liked the way Chantrel's Horror story was written didn't effect me as it effected others though. I really, really liked Nebis though, how he works amazes me. Taint was pretty good, kinda reminded me of Tutor from Shadowrun. Ysrthgrathe I found the most interesting because it was the most human it got jealous, it was protective, and obsessive.

Haven't read the minor horrors and the other stuff yet.

EDIT- Just had a thought, oh noes wobble.gif , and what's up with Mama Iaga? Could she have possibly been Nemesis in the 6th world. MO seems simular. Maybe an agent for Ristul feeding people into it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012