Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranq Patches
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ddays
Am I missing something about a save against the damage of a tranq patch somewhere or does it just instantly inflict that much stun damage?

Can I buy rating 10 stun patches and just get anybody by making them give me a high five or two?
odinson
Spooky. I was just reading the main book making a char for a friends game and I was jsut about to ask the exact same question.

Another good question is do they stack. So will 2 rating 5 tranq patches do 10 points stun.
DireRadiant
Yep, tranq patches are nasty, and useful, if you can hit with them.
Rifleman
I would argue to use a stun patch in such a fashion requires either

a) A palming check on a unaware target

or

b) A melee attack with the modifers to go around ALL the targets armor.

The reason? Slap patches require skin contact, and DMSO is not quite powerful enough to go straight through armor. However, this is most definitely a house rule, based on the following quote. Officially, it's open to a couple different interpretations between the following comment in the gear section, and the rule concerning grazing hits in combat.

Slap Patches
Slap patches are adhesive DMSO-based drug dispensers...
They are applied directly to the patient’s skin.
Applying a slap patch to an unwilling patient requires a successful
melee attack (touch only). p.330, SR4
tehbighead
personally, i'd follow the RAW concerning touch attacks without applying any called shot modifiers unless i considered the target to be armored/covered head to toe [swat team, lady in a burqa, etc].
bibliophile20
and gloved, too; there's nothing saying that you can't just apply it to the back of the hand--they go to punch you and are suddenly feeling very woozy... Face it, unless they take great care in covering themselves, there's going to be a skin patch of opportunity.
tehbighead
very true. i think called shot is often misinterpreted; any attack is one which the player focuses on a specific area of the body. lining up the "perfect" shot - a vital weak point in the target's armor [just below the armpit or the tried-and-true headshot] - requires a called shot action, but the player should be encouraged to describe where he intends his attack to land [it's much easier to describe a success or a glitch this way].
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012