Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where are they now?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Been reading lot of posts lately that have ended up being little tense so thought why not go for something a little less controversial.

People,Places or Things that have disappeared or are MIA since Shadowruns start, feel free to add to the list or comment.

1. Kano and White Eagle
2. The Maglev!
3. Spirit power "alienation"

Happy to see Turn to Goo returned to spell list one of personal faves from original grimore......"So I'm ......Goo?" "Ayep"
Rifleman
Why, oh WHY did they bring back Turn to Goo? Was petrify not good enough? NNNOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Okay, drama queen moment over.

What ever happened to the Monstrous Armadillos? I loved those things, but I haven't seen them yet, and I don't remember them in 3rd.
Prime Mover
You mean Juggernauts? (sp)
Rifleman
QUOTE (Prime Mover)
You mean Juggernauts? (sp)

Yeah. I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't look things up. nyahnyah.gif
Prime Mover
They were in 3rd edtion and even got mention in SoLA entry on SR homepage.
Rifleman
QUOTE (Prime Mover)
They were in 3rd edtion and even got mention in SoLA entry on SR homepage.

Which book?
Demerzel
Shadows of Latin America, kind of vaporware. It may turn up as a download from holostreets when that gets up and running.
Rotbart van Dainig
Rumor has it, Duke Nukem Forever features exclusive material from Shadows of Latin America - which will be shortly released afterwards.
ThreeGee
Reading through Emergence the other day reminded me of Renny, the Renraku Angel, Dr Halberstam's first experiment. I wonder if he's out there still.
fistandantilus4.0
Renny, I suppose he should be. He was pretty neat, but only ever menioned in that one book. Halberstam however, he was like a bad penny.
Malicx
QUOTE (ThreeGee)
Reading through Emergence the other day reminded me of Renny, the Renraku Angel, Dr Halberstam's first experiment. I wonder if he's out there still.

Which book was that, by the way?
fistandantilus4.0
First Virtual Realities. Had the golden boy with wings on the cover. aka Renny
stevebugge
QUOTE (ThreeGee)

That would be a good story or adventure plot.
fistandantilus4.0
I was actually dissapointed that Renny didn't show up in Emergence. I thought it would have been the perfect time to bring him out.
Ancient History
Who says "Renny" isn't?
fistandantilus4.0
I was hoping I missed him under some new alias. I hope that really is a carrot you're dangling there.
ThreeGee
Who says "Renny" isn't?

The only Jackpoint poster who immediately strikes me as a possibilty is Icarus.
fistandantilus4.0
Ah , good thought. Someone else pointed out the possibility of the Golden Boy. IT is said to be an AI with degrading code, rooted from an economics program. It could be a ghost in the machine instead. But the Icarus one could be a good one to check. Apparently it's time for me to look over Emergence again.
Synner
And then there's that adventure seed.
ThreeGee
Ahh, the fallen angel?
fistandantilus4.0
Alright ,feeling like an idiot. I think I missed it because I hadn't read the adventure seeds before.

Pg 51 talks about an "accomplished hacker using the handle Lucifer " who knows about Shalbeermat's "secret identity" and works to help the runners out on a run againt him. Duh *smacks head. again.*
Big D
Waitasec... didn't Lucifer get killed setting up Renny's escape?*

*disclaimer--I haven't seen VR1 in ten years or more.
fistandantilus4.0
Yes, Lucifer was Renny's teacher. His death was what prompted him to escape. So it stands to reason that Renny certainly oculd have taken on the mantle of his old teacher. Especially while going after Halbestram, since he was the one that ordered Lucifer's death.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012