Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: China in the 2070s
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
James McMurray
Anyone know what's going on with China in the 2070s? My next character is from there, so I need a little background on the area.

Thanks!
Ancient History
http://wiki.dumpshock.com/index.php/China

Hey James. Most of the info is in Shadows of Asia, while Hong Kong took the spotlight in Runner Havens. You might be interested in picking either one up.
sunnyside
Sounds like somewhat inconsistant stuff has come out of a handful of books. I'd suggest checking out the sixth world wiki to get an idea.

I want to say that Hong Kong has actually gotten the spotlight a couple times though.
Synner667
Forget all the official stuff..
..Why not have China as Chung Kuo [as per the books - very advanced, no/little knowledge of the west, oppressive, etc] !!

Just my thruppence..
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Jul 8 2007, 11:02 PM)
I want to say that Hong Kong has actually gotten the spotlight a couple times though.

It has been mentioned in a few books, but it's an SR4 signature setting in Runner Havens.
James McMurray
Thanks! I forgot I had Runner Havens tucked away on my hard drive, now I've got a reason to dig it out and read it. smile.gif
Ravor
Yeah, Runner Havens is an excellent source for Hong Kong, it really brings the city to life and presents it as a wonderfull setting.

However you'd be far better off just to pretend that the book was named "New Hong Kong" and skip the Seattle section entirely, in my opinion.
MITJA3000+
QUOTE (Ravor)

However you'd be far better off just to pretend that the book was named "New Hong Kong" and skip the Seattle section entirely, in my opinion.

Aw, the Seattle section is not that bad when you consider that we already have Seattle Sourcebook and New Seattle. Without those however...

The four other sections however, pretty much useless.
Ravor
Exactly, and in my opinion it's a crying shame that the primary Shadowrun City has been done justice in Sourcebooks meant for older Editions with what is now outdated information but was given a short and dirty straw in Fourth.
Talia Invierno
Major thing to keep in mind re SoA is that China is far from a single-toned political entity. Anything you can find in the rest of the world, you can probably find within one of the Chinese provinces -- and probably some extra, utterly unique in the world. Which province was it that had free-ish spirits of man so common, so habitual within the society, that no one even batted an eye to meet one in the street?
FrankTrollman
That would be Manchuria.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012