Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Genetech book?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
James McMurray
I'm trying to remember which SR3 book has genetech in it and drawing a total blank. Help?
eidolon
SOTA: 2063, pg. 6
James McMurray
Thanks!
eidolon
Np. I need to reread that section, too. I don't think it has ever seen use in my games, and I'm sure that's a bad thing.
James McMurray
I've got a geneticist in an SR4 game and there are no genetech rules yet, so I'm looking for a baseline. I also need to look more deeply into the nanotech rules from Man and Machine, unless the SOTA book talks about how the genetic modifications are done and not just their effects.
Ryu
Having them do the necessary adjustments for the creation of cultivated bioware would be a first step.
Synner
If you're looking at it from a gear angle, trust me when I tell you that you might want to wait just a couple more weeks and you'll save yourself a lot of work...
MK Ultra
But we want Augmentation NOW biggrin.gif

*waits just a couple more weeks - has no time to read books atm, anyway*
bibliophile20
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
But we want Augmentation NOW biggrin.gif

*waits just a couple more weeks - has no time to read books atm, anyway*

Amen.

Is there any chance that the pdf for Augmentation will be released ahead of the hardcopy, like you guys did for Emergence?
James McMurray
I'm mostly looking at it from a geneticist's viewpoint. My character has a genetic defect that was genegineered into him and is looking to cure it. I'm interested in how that would be done from an in-character perspective mostly. I'll snag Augmentation the moment it hits the shelves and get the rules side of things there.

Any idea what the exact release date is? Everything I've seen just says August.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Synner)
trust me when I tell you that you might want to wait just a couple more weeks

Oh, gah, urk, jeez I think I just pulled a muscle I didn't even know I had.
Oh man, my geekenoids are watering and I don't even know what that means!
Waaaaaaaaant the book. spin.gif
James McMurray
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
my geekenoids are watering

It's worse then you think. Your epidermis is showing, too.
Adam
QUOTE (bibliophile20)
Is there any chance that the pdf for Augmentation will be released ahead of the hardcopy, like you guys did for Emergence?

Of course. That's standard operating procedure. The book is sent to press, then the files are converted to screen-res PDF, bookmarked, etc.

There is no final release date for the PDF or the print release, as the book isn't at press yet.
mfb
August 12, 1pm. (that would have been funnier if i'd posted it when i meant to, almost an hour ago. cos, see, he asked if anybody had an idea, and that's an idea. comedy gold.)
eidolon
Curiosity: Are the PDFs converted to screen res just to keep the file size lower?
Adam
Yes. The files that go to the printer are about 2MB/page for a B&W book.
eidolon
Nice. I'd like my copy poster-size, please. wink.gif
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Adam)
QUOTE (bibliophile20 @ Jul 16 2007, 04:17 PM)

Of course. That's standard operating procedure. The book is sent to press, then the files are converted to screen-res PDF, bookmarked, etc.

There is no final release date for the PDF or the print release, as the book isn't at press yet.

Awesomeness. smile.gif

So, if the book is released for GenCon, which is August 16-19... and Emergence came out on the 23rd of June, and the book is due from the printers soon...

biggrin.gif

Maybe another week or two?
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (James McMurray)
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Jul 16 2007, 04:33 PM)
my geekenoids are watering

It's worse then you think. Your epidermis is showing, too.

That doesn't mean you have to stare at it, though. sarcastic.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012