Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time of Thrawn
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
ludomastro
OOC
Note/Disclaimer: This game was approved for use in this forum by the admins. Players have been chosen. Feel free to read but the game is closed to new players right now.

Link to the OOC thread.

IC
I'll edit in the first official post when I am not dead tired.
ludomastro
OOC
OK folks here we go. Sorry for the delays.

The third post on the OOC thread has the details about where we are story-wise for those of you that have read the books. Since some of you have not, please note the following IC "facts" that you character knows.
  • The Empire is back and someone smart is in charge.
  • Some fear that it is the Emperor come to get his revenge
  • Some say that a non-human Grand Admiral is behind it all
  • Few believed that this was true; however, more now believe it
  • Thrawn begins to be "revealed" to the underworld community
  • Thrawn is "kicking-n-taking" on the New Republic
  • There is a rumor about some mining world that had it's mole miners stolen
  • The Empire attacked the Sluis Van Shipyards and report vary - some say they made off with several ships others say that much destruction happend but the Empire didn't get the ships it wanted.
  • Thrawn is rumored to have a clone army
  • The ghost fleet - aka The Dark Force and more correctly the Katana Fleet - was foudn by both the Empire and the New Republic. It is said that most of the ships were taken by the Empire.
Ok then, one more post by me and you are ready to roll.
ludomastro
Reserved
ludomastro
The dust of the cold and somewhat dreary world of Don'ari swirls around the outdated buildings and warehouses that pass for a spaceport. Ari'Os is the largest - and only - settlement on Don'ari. It lies in the mid rim several dozen light years off the Corellian Trade Spine and is the left over from and Old Republic science mission looking at the unusual rotation of the planet. While a semi-legitimate government has opperated here for going on two generations, smugglers and the like have been using it as a weigh-station for years. The red sun and the planet's distance from it make it rather cold except at the equator.

Daylin and Hal were passing through and decided to stop in for repairs and perhaps pick up a fare or two coreward.

Rand is passing through while trying to avoid the Hutts.

O'olan and Kolbacca has just lost their ship - the Mistseeker - to the recently escaped bounty - Ma'nosh. He set charges on the ship and then bribed the spaceport official to declare the ship scrap.
fistandantilus4.0
I guess some things never change

Daylin sat in his bunk. At least being one of the only two people on the freighter afforded him the oppurtunity to have his own private quarters. Having a bit more technical experience than the "captain" meant he could make sure that it was private as well. Would not do for the captain to walk in to hs room to find all sorts of objects floating about.

He'd finished the maitenance on the hyperdrive hours ago. The grav system could still use a little bit of tweeking. But for now, he was taking a break. The captain knew his was a good mechanic, but he was old, and often needed to rest.

That was what he told her at least. Who knows how much she believed or not.

Daylin had made a point of keeping him self in excellent phsyical shape. Normally this meant simple things, like upping the gravity in his quarters to require more strength to move about. Full workouts were hard to do queitly, but he managed most of the time. A sound body was the path to a sound mind. He could still vaguely recall one of his old masters saying something to that effect.

His concentration wavered slightly at the memories, and the flood of emotions it always brought. The hydrospanner he'd been suspending with the force dropped back on to the bed.

Damnit! Concentrate!

Realizing he was getting frustrated again, Daylin let his mind slip back in to relaxed meditation for a few minutes. He invisioned a white light in his mind, letting all of his emotion and frustration flow into it. Once it was filled, he willed even the light away, floating in a void of Emptiness. He focused his concentration again, set his will to the hydrospanner, and willed the object to lift.

It wasn't easy, but it moved. After a minutes time, he relaxed, letting the spanner plop down on to the bed.

Never seems to get any easier. Just harder and harder. Like not drinking. need to stop getting so frustrated. Focus . Concentrate.

It was the same thing it had always been. Had been at least since Kimra had left. His only student, practically his son, had left him, seeking a "real" jedi master. He'd simply walked out one day, and never looked back. That was focus.

Doesn't matter. Was for the best anyway. He always got me so ... got in to so much trouble and ... ah hell..

He picked up the spanner, zipped up the jumpsuit he was wearing, and headed back into the bowels of the ship. Even if he had a hardtime lifitn hydrospanners with the force, he could still keep the ship moving.
Ophis
Rand came round, the ot he was laying in was a bit too small. He checked his wrist chronometer.

Good I've not over slept.

He rubbed his eyes and then ran his hands through his hair, shaking his head slightly he still wasn't used to the colour or the length, but when the Hutts are after you, you had to do something to disguise yourself. He stood, pulled on his leather jacket and slipped his Blaster Pistol into it's holster. He glanced outside his swoop was still underneath the trap head covered it with. See the weather he grinned and pulled a grubby bandanna from his pocket and tying it across his face. Ready for the day he headed outside, cursing the unfamiliar chill.
ludomastro
Ophis

Roll Perception
[ Spoiler ]
Ophis
Result
[ Spoiler ]
ludomastro
O'olan and Kolbacca are still standing outside the office of the Chief Magistrate - the head of local government. His assistant assured them that he would be out five minutes ago. An old man emerges from the office. I am sorry to inform you that the seizure of the ship is per our laws on salvage an scrap. You may appeal the decision; however, you may find that your ship has been recycled by the time your appeal is heard.
ludomastro
Rand
[ Spoiler ]
NerfHerder
The stoney look O'olan gave the Chief Magistrate should have sent him running for the safety of his inner office. Any other Gand would have picked it up.

Fine, Gand is sure you will be able to direct him towards a lodging establishment then. And Gand would like the appeals data sheets and a copy of the law referenced if it isn't too much trouble?

Turning to Kolbacca

We should start seeking Ma'nosh again immediately, I will perform the ceremonies to locate him. If Ma'Nosh is smart he will be away from this world as soon as he can find passage. We should check the docks here to see if anyone has seen him. Do you mind, you seem to be much better at getting information out of people than Gand is?
Ophis
Hands in pockets Rand hunches his shoulders in an attempt to ward off the cold. He heads towards the spaceport.

The sooner I can leave this rock the better, hopefully the next world will be warmer.
Lady Door
Okay... let's see... Dear Mom... everything is going great here at the Academy.... no, no... umm.. Hal sighs in frustration and waves a hand across her datapad, deleting the last row of text. Starting again, she types: Dear Mom... I'm writing to you from my new post here on... Don'ari.... no, not Don'ari.. um, Naboo. We've been sent here on an ... orienteering excercise to... ah, forget it. I'll write later. Hal stands and tosses the datapad on to her bunk, its slim grey casing soon swallowed by the mounds of laundry and food wrappers littering the bed. Hmmm, knew I shouldn't have junked that cleaning droid for parts. Oh well..
Digging around in the mess, Hal exhales in frustration. Where in the hell did I leave that other... ahh! There you are. Pulling a dusty and worn boot from under the bed, Hal quickly laces it on, grimacing when one of the laces snaps. Ugh. I'm going to get that "look" from Daylin again. Well, scrag it. He can buy me new laces... and new boots.. and... her thoughts trail off as she looks in the mirror. Long brown hair twisted into an unkempt ponytail, a yellowing long sleeved thermal top under a grease stained utility vest and a pair of secondhand trousers over worn and now semi-laceless boots. Hal sighs and shrugs, heading for the door.
Maybe I can go work up some new crime. Get myself out of this.. schlump I'm in. Either way, it sounds like Daylin is slamming stuff around again. Never a good sign.
mom-on-the-run
Kolbacca makes a non-commital grunt. The translator droid at her side interprets, I've got it. She turns to leave and then adds<Call me when you find a place to stay. I'll look for passage off this rock.>

Kolbacca heads to the spaceport and begins inquiring about a person matching the description of Ma'nosh.
ludomastro
The Chief Magistrate retreats back into his office with a wave of his hand in the direction of his assistant. The assistant give O'olan the documents that he requested as well as a copy of the law.

[ Spoiler ]

---------------------

The wind begins to howl as Rand makes his way toward the spaceport. He sees an angry looking wookie asking those present some questions.

---------------------

Not having a hanger with a roof has advantages and disadvantages. Daylin and Hal notice the ship rock a little with the increasing winds.

---------------------

Kolbacca makes it to the spaceport and notices the wind howling. The dust is getting caught in her fur. She begins asking questions.

Roll Investigate
[ Spoiler ]
Ophis
Rand grimaces at the weather and picks up his pace in an attempt get out of the open.
fistandantilus4.0
What the ....? Wind shouldn't do that...

Daylin moves from hsi acbin to the cockpit, pulling up the sensors. Any 'wind' that could move the ship would be a worry. Unless it was a ship, which means they were just buzzed. Either thought wasn't exactly thrilling.
ludomastro
The sensors don't show anything out of the ordinary with the wind.

Roll Sensors
fistandantilus4.0
Sensor Result off of Mechanical 2D = 17

[ Spoiler ]
mom-on-the-run
Investigate Roll=7
ludomastro
Daylin
[ Spoiler ]

Kolbacca
[ Spoiler ]

Everyone
There is a slight ground tremor as the wind picks up in ferocity.
fistandantilus4.0
Daylin keys up the ship's comms.Captain, there seems to be a large, armed wookie approaching the ship. We did pay our docking fee, didn't we?

Confident that the captain could deal with the wookie for the time being at least, Daylin turns his attention back to the anomoly. He tries to empty his mind of feelings and emotions, try to empty him self entirely, to focus.

[ Spoiler ]

Finally giving up in frustration, Daylin grabs his blaster pistol, and keys the ships sensors to feed to his pocket secretary so that he can monitor the situation.

Damnit! can't even do a simple concentration exercise! ... his mind runs it's own course, venting his frsutrations.
Ophis
Feeling the tremor Rand curses leaving his Swoop at his crash space. He really picks up the pace looking for a hanger with a ship, it's time to get off this rock.
Lady Door
Hal curses yet again as another gust of wind buffets the small ship, sending her careening down the hall and into an empty doorway. Straightening, Hal grabs the doorframe and swings herself into the main control room, checking the sensor bank as she does so.
Interrupted by Daylin's comm call, Hal looks up and into the face of a large, very intimidating Wookie making its way down the gangplank to the ship.
Oh for the love of all...
D, I'm going to need you up on the bridge. Pronto. With perhaps a little more force then necessary, Hal slams the comm reciever back into its cradle.
I so do not need this today. Really. At all. Sighing, Hal snatches up her ID packet and heads for the door. Palming the door open, Hal is unprepared for the sudden gust of wind that almost pulls her out of the ship. Straightening, she faces the Wookie.
fistandantilus4.0
There's a slight pause in response. Despite everything, Daylin laughs. I'm on the 'bridge'.
Lady Door
Startled by Daylin's voice, Hal jumps slightly.
Oh well, yes. I knew that... I mean, I needed you to stay on the bridge... is what I meant... obviously. Heh. Stop looking at me like that.
fistandantilus4.0
Daylin does indeed sit on the bridge, keying up the mic at the bay door for receive only so that he can listen to the exchange with the wookie. Thinking about it a bit, he also starts scanning the ship's computers for anything that might be able to translate the "ggrrrrss" for him.

Multitaksing, he also plays with the sensors to see if there is any way to boost their power to extend their range. After all, they are supposed to sense objects in the vastness of space. Perhaps diverting some energy from the shields...
mom-on-the-run
Facing Hal and lowering her blaster rifle, Kolbacca (thru her translator droid) says Excuse me Captain, I am looking for someone by the name of Ma'nosh. I know that he was here recently. Do you have any information that might help me find him?

Holding up a data pad, she shows Hal a picture of Ma'nosh.
ludomastro
O'olan is struck by a vision of blaster fire near the spaceport surrounding Kolbacca and people he doesn't know. He then sees Kolbacca, himself, and these same three people in an unfamiliar ship escaping from a large capital ship pursuing them.

---------------------

@ Everyone

Alarms begin sounding around the spaceport as the wind begins increasing in ferocity. The subject of the wing is soon revealed as a large transport ship.

The loudspeaker at the spaceport crackles to life with a frantic voice Attention, the Imperials have arrive, the Imperials have arrived.
fistandantilus4.0
DAMNIT ! I knew down time was too good to be true!

Keying up the comm again, as he starts the ships engines Daylin shouts CAPTAIN! We've got Imps incoming! Move your keister up here!

Without waiting for a response, Daylin immediately brings up the ship's systems, including prepping the shields, and brings up the astrogation charts to help speed along the jump to hyperspace once the break orbit.
Lady Door
Hal barely has time to process the Wookie's question before the ear-splitting klaxons begin to blare.
No, never seen 'em. Sorry... Well, thanks for dropping by. Have to go now. Good luck with things. Hal starts to close the cabin door before pausing a moment.
On second thought, if you're looking for someone... seems to me you could maybe use a ship and a crew. I happen to have both. For a small, trivial transportation fee we could come to a reasonably beneficial arrangement. Of course, you have about... oh, three seconds to decide. Hal smiles and taps her fingers impatiently on the door, looking over the Wookie and out into the skies.
Sooo... what do you say?

*edit: Sorry, forgot about the not posting with signature enabled... *blush*
Ophis
Oh drek, definitely time to leave this rock.

Rand turns and runs retracing his steps, covering the tankfully not to long distance to his swoop.

He checks it over, just in case

Perception test 16Alter the next bit based on what he sees. Repulsor lift Op. 19

Rand fires his swoop into life and gains some height zipping towards the Starport. He Spots a likely looking freighter and drops the swoop down quickly beside it, putting on his best friendly face.

mom-on-the-run
Kolbacca says to Hal OK I'll go with you, but we have to wait for O'olan. I cannot leave without him. Can we discuss your fee after we are in hyperspace?
Lady Door
Oo'la... who? Who is that? Can they get here in the next three seconds? Cause I don't know if you noticed Hal waves her hands around, indication the blaring klaxons and general ruckus but all hell is kind of breaking loose outside. I mean, we can wait... but pricing will be adjusted according to percieved danger level. Hal frowns as the ships sensors blare again. Sooo... ?

*edit: Accidentally posted under Ben's handle. Oops*
ludomastro
Rand arrive at Hal's ship.

---------------------

There is the sound repulsorlifts and a troop carrier flies over head spewing stromtroopers and regulars alike down ropes. A loadspeaker engages from somewhere on the ship, Please remain calm. The Empire is here to claim this planet. After a routine check of identification you will be allowed to go about your business.

---------------------

O'olan is being pushed by the crowd toward the spaceport.
fistandantilus4.0
Hal we need to GO!
Ophis
Sorry to interrupt, but this looks like an exit party. Any chance I could join? I'm sure we can come to some arrangement. Goods wise it's just me and my swoop here.
ludomastro
Spotting O'olan in the crowd, Kolbacca's translator heads out. Forgive me my impertinence, master; however, master O'olan needs our help. Surprisingly deft for a droid, the WT-7, dives into the crowd and grabs the Gand, dragging him back to the ship.

The troops begin opening fire, above the crowd while the dropship external speaker continues to blare, Remain calm and submit to an ID check.

Madam Captain, I believe that we are all here now, states the droid in a decent imitation of a human who is out of breath.
Ophis
Ladies, Gentleman and droids. I think it may be time to come to some sort of basic arrangement and get out of here. I here Dantooine is nice this time of year.

Rand finishes his quick speech and reaches beneath his jacket and removing the catch from his blasters holster. He glances up trying to get some sort of idea of time.
fistandantilus4.0
Hal,who the hell do you have down there!?! This thing is no life raft! And tell that damn kid to put that blaster away! The last thing the Imps need is a reason to chase us!

Moving away from the screen, Daylin checks the engie temps, making sure they're warmed up, checks the shields, and sets power to be ready to divert to the cannon's systems. No point in actually "drawing" the weapon up, so that the Star Destroyer's sensors note it.

How the hell did this happen!? Gotta go gotta go gotta go!

Frantically moving about the cabin, he makes sure the ship's systmes are all a go before heading for the astrogation charts.
Lady Door
Hal sighs and throws up her hands at the sudden confusion on deck.
You.. she points to the droid holding the Gand and then to the bank of seats along one wall. put him over there. You, Wookie... I assume that Gand is with you? Good. We'll negotiate price later. Wonder if I could get away with charging more for the droid? Hmm... ... and you, whatever your name is... Hal gestures towards Rand I'd be happy to talk pricing, transportation and our weapons policy. Stow your blaster, have a seat and welcome to the Centurion Hawk. Hal smiles briefly and then curses as she's tossed by another gust of wind slamming into the hull. Scrambling to her feet, Hal yells up the causeway to the control room:
D! Why are we not gone yet?

fistandantilus4.0
!?! "Why are we...!" I outta! ...

Daylin hits the switch for the ramp, trusting that everyone will get theri tails inside, and closes the cargo hatch, swoop or no swoop. He twirls the chair, slapping keys to bring the engines to life, hitting the repulsors, and bringing the ship up in to the air.

Hal I need you up here! I can't fly and put the coordinates in for hyperspace at the same time!

Where the hell are we going anyways?!?
Ophis
Rand pauses for a moment, uncertain if he wants to leave his Swoop. He reaches a decision. He takes his hand from the blaster and with a flick of a switch on the swoop lifts it from the ground slightly and runs it straight up the boarding ramp. Once in he hits another switch detaching the guidance vanes on the front, the shifting them to sit ontop of th main body, so it takes up a bit less room.

He grins broadly, Nice to meet you. Name's rand.
ludomastro
As the Centurion Hawk begins to lift off, a second dropship moves to intercept and a warning begins to blare, Unidentified vessel, halt! Land immediately and prepare for boarding!
fistandantilus4.0
The hell with this ...

Daylin sets the forward shields at full, and aims the Centurion Hawk right at the drop ship.

Hal will kill me if we live through this.
ludomastro
Halt! Halt! The dropship veers to the side to avoid the Centurion Hawk as it rushes forward. It circles around back but is out of range to fire. As the Centurion Hawk gets close to the atmosphere, the sensors begin wailing as a capital ship comes into view. The ship communication crackles to life. An extremely calm voice begins speaking: Unidentified ship, you are under arrest. Stand down and prepare to be boarded or you will be destroyed.
fistandantilus4.0
Keying up the comm, Daylin answers quickly Sir it's a .... *crackle* been boarded! They're storming *crackle* Asssitance! dead comm.

Switch the shields to the rear area, and floor it . Heading for low orbit, skating the atmo, to use the planet as an obstruction so the capitol ship can't fire on us.

Yelling to the back of the ship Could use some help up here!
Lady Door
Screaming curses that would make a mercenary blush, Hal somersaults end over end as the ship abruptly begins its ascent.
I'll kill him if we live through this!! Finally managing to get to her feet, Hal nods to the other passengers, trying her best to look dignified.
You may have noticed some slight turbulence. Nothing to worry about, we'll be fine... now, if you'll excuse me I need to assist my mechanic.
Trying her best to remain upright, Hal stalks out of the room and into the cockpit.
What in the hell is going on here?! Hal slides into her seat, taking over the main controls and then snapping the switch that quiets the comm system. Looking over at Daylin she shrugs.
That guy's voice was driving me nuts.
fistandantilus4.0
There's an Imp Deuce there, and Vic there, and an assault crraft there, and I'm tryign to get us there! But I sitll odn't have any hyperspace coordinates, and they're about to start shooting! Where the hell are we even going Hal!?

Already working the secondary controls, Daylin is watching the sensors while pulling up star systems on the astrogation system.
Lady Door
Hal's face blanches for a moment before she responds quickly....
We'll head to Dantooine. I hear it's nice this time of year... get me all the power you can. We're going to need it to get outta here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012