Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harlequin And Ie Pcs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
VOLKOV9
ok, first off, im not supporting the idea od IE PCs extinguish.gif

but, i know some ppl allow IE characters. what would those knowledgable on -H- think he would do if such a character was doing the Harlequin or -h-'s back campaign?
Ancient History
Well, for starters, Ehran and/or the Enemy would assume that the character was a threat and shoot at them even before they started shooting at the mage...
Cain
The only IE PC's I've ever heard of were "new" IE's, ones who had yet to realize they were immortal. As such, Harlequin and friends will probably treat them like any other of the "younger races", although they may make snide comments about their potential in a few thousand years.
Ronin Soul
QUOTE (Cain)
The only IE PC's I've ever heard of were "new" IE's, ones who had yet to realize they were immortal. As such, Harlequin and friends will probably treat them like any other of the "younger races", although they may make snide comments about their potential in a few thousand years.

Okay spookily enough not only is that the way I handle IE PCs (I've had one) but also the way I handle them in adventures revolving around really old people/beings etc., though in my case it was Lofwyr remarking about a character's resemblance to a certain meal he had a *looong* time ago. heh.
Fortune
I agree with Cain, in that the only IEs I would possibly allow in my games would be new, and no older than Frosty.

I have allowed a couple of Spike Babies though, but even they aren't really realistic when it comes to the amount of skills, especially knowledge skills they possess using regular chargen.
Squire
I've got to agree with the notion so far. Any PC that also happens to be an IE would be new ones, who hadn't realized the are immortal yet and are just beginning to develope power. Frost would be an example if you take Harliquin out of the equasion (I just wouldn't allow an IE mentor).

IF (big if) I even allowed that, it probably wouldn't come out until the character had been played for several years and had become fairly powerful in thier own right. If a PC gave me an IE as a character concept at creation time, I'd probably laugh in their face.

Of course that's just my preferences. Some gamers like the epic level, way-off-the-scope-of-measurable-power-I'm-the-invicible-king-of-the-universe type of game play. That's fine too, as long as everyone is having a good time.

As for using Harliquin or any of the other established IEs for the Harliquin or Harliquin's Back adventures, I just don't think it would work. You could write a totally new adventure based upon those and play the IE through it, but you would have to completely re-write everything.

The first Harliquin adventure would be pretty much pointless unless your Player likes playing Mr. Johnson and then sitting around while the runners do his bidding(doesn't sound like fun to me). I suppose you could work in some upper-level intreague to go on at the same time, but it would really mean writing something comletely new.

As for Harliquin's Back, it also wouldn't work. Harliquin sent the PCs to do the small stuff while he battled the big baddies. Harliquin would dance through the PC's portion of the adventure without breaking a sweat. He sent the PCs because he was busy dealing with the big baddiess (which would eat the PCs as an appatizer). Playing Harliquin's part would also involved writing a completely new advanture and is probably mostly fighting horrors rathar than actually completing missions that the PCs did. That's great if you're a power-gamer who likes to fight at rediculously high power levels on an epic save-the-universe scale, and you don't care about the role-playing aspects. Pretty damned dull, otherwize.

Anyway, that just my opinion on the matter. If you do play it out, I would be interested in hearing how things worked out for you. Good luck.
booklord
Coming Soon To A Matrix Feed Near You

All hope is lost. Greed rules the world. Ancient evils are rising. Only one hope remains. Six heroes brought together by fate and tragedy will battle for the future of our world. They are the Shadow Six!

Damon the Dragon ( Starring as himself )

Fortune the Beautiful Free Spirit ( Her power will amaze you! )

Eve the A.I. ( Complete with her fully functional android body! )

Drathis the Immortal Elf ( He brings knowledge from the fourth world! )

Jazz the cyberzombie Rigger ( His firepower is without equal! )

Erik the troll physical adept ( Check out his dikoted, 12 rating weapon foci Polearm possessed by a heroic imp named Chip! )

Where there is darkness, they will bring light! Where there is crime they will bring justice! Where there is pain, they will bring hope!

No evil is too great! No villain too terrible! They will fight organized crime, corrupt megacorps, genetic monstrosities, deadly shedim, blood mages, toxic shamans, unspeakable evils from deep within the metaplanes, and more! You can't miss it!

50 Nuyen per episode
200 Nuyen for the commercial free episodes
Rain
Do I detect a note of sarcasm here?
Ancient History
I'm not evil and I refuse to rise. Oh, Hell, Alright, I'll rise, but only to check my spaghetti sauce!
Fortune
QUOTE (Ancient History)
I'm not evil...

We'll have to confirm that with your players! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012