Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kill Whitey
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hyzmarca
So, I'm watching a movie called Man to Man, about the abuse of a couple of pygmies at the hands of Englishmen and I can't help wondering why the protagonist, a friendly not-racist White scientist doesn't just get a bunch of guns and systematically kill all of the White people in Europe action-movie style. Of course, I logically know that this is because it is a historical drama and not genocide-fantasy action movie, but still I believe that a one-man genocide against non-Jewish White people would have made the film much better.

I was also watching the film called River Queen, about a New Zealand woman with a half-Moari child torn between her colonial family and her native in-laws when the two sides go to war. I also had a difficult time enjoying this film because killing all of the White people except for the non-racist protagonist just seems like the no-brainer solution.

In today's political climate, non-Jewish white people are pretty much the only group that you can actually commit genocide against in a fictional setting without raising someone's ire (well, you'd raise the ire of Nazis, but they don't count). And its fun
So, why not do it in Shadowrun?

The first and most obvious method of introducing genocide against Whitey into the setting would be to change the effects of the Great Ghost Dance. Instead of making a few volcanoes erupt it could have been a huge Slaughter Whitey spell, essentially killing all White people on the North American continent.

This could drastically change the setting in any number of ways, or not. It would be fairly easy to change the skin color most major North American crackers and leave the setting almost intact, except with far fewer White people, all of whom would be visitors or recent immigrants.

On the other hand such a powerful spell could have resulted in an overwhelming victory for the Native Americans and NAN could cover the entire continent. In this case, it would drastically change the political and corporate landscape in ways I can't begin to imagine, necessitating a complete overhaul of the entire metaplot.

Another, and certainly easier, method would be to introduce the deaths of all White people as a plot point in a campaign. Simply tell your players not to make any Aryan characters. The event can be due to plot-device supermagic (Force ump-teen thousand Slaughter Whitey Spell) but a plot-tech genetically targeted virus would probably work far better. Lets say that it is something that Alamos 20k cooked up to kill all Trogs but they made a mistake and instead of only targeting Trogs it only targets Crackers. But, no matter how you do it, dealing with the sudden deaths of all White people in North America would make for a very interesting campaign plot would a great deal of potential.

Of course, a smaller scale and more personal might be more satisfying to some groups, so a mercenary campaign in which the PCs themselves perpetrate the genocide in a small out-of-the-way country can be very fun. It can be made even more fun by having White PCs who can ignore the blatant hypocrisy of committing genocide against other White people simply because they are White. The PCs would, reasonably, have to do as much advising and killing, because even the best combat monsters can't kill all the White people in a small country in a reasonable amount of time without resorting to WMDs (unless, of course, that the country had an absurdly small White population to begin with).
Large Mike

Why not do it in Shadowrun? I have a better question. Why do it in Shadowrun? Or any game? Where's the kick in genocidal slaughter, with or without racist overtones?
Kagetenshi
Because it's awesome?

~J

"Killing people is fun AND educational!"
Kyoto Kid
...Slobodan Milošević' did this in the 1990s. He called it Ethnic Cleansing.

For non-Serbian Bosnians and the Croatians, it was not fun. extinguish.gif
hyzmarca
As a transcendental capsizing protest against the general depiction of non-Jewish white people as unrepentant genocidal maniacs in popular historical fiction combined with a delicious bit of intentionally hypocritical irony.

And because it's awesome.

The fact that Milošević didn't kill any Serbs kind of defeats the point of an ironic transcendental capsizing of traditional ethnic conflict roles.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...Slobodan Milošević' did this in the 1990s. He called it Ethnic Cleansing.

No one remembers the Armenians.

~J
Kyoto Kid
...Some of us do, and what the Soviets did and (in the case of the '88 quake) didn't do.
Kagetenshi
The Soviets were about seven years too late to aid or thwart the Armenian genocide.

~J
Talia Invierno
I do believe someone is feeling a tad persecuted.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Large Mike)
Why not do it in Shadowrun? I have a better question. Why do it in Shadowrun? Or any game? Where's the kick in genocidal slaughter, with or without racist overtones?

Because we quest for the biggest most awe-inspiring character bodycount known to man.
hyzmarca
I can't be the only person of primarily European decent who finds the general lack of racist Whitey killing in modern media to be frustrating.

And WR is right. Huge bodycounts are an important. The bigger, the better.
Talia Invierno
Genocide: model and commentary
Ravor
*Shrugs* Not sure if it's actually true or not, but I've been told that a virus to kill off all black/white/green/yellow/purple people simply wouldn't work unless you were targeting a group that has remained isolated and "pure" for the last several thousand years.

Even without the virus mutating I've been told that such a virus would either only target 20-40% of a population or target almost everyone. *Edit* Reguardless of skin color. */Edit*

As for magic, well that wouldn't work either because even in Third you still need LOS to every target in the spell's AOE.

So, the leaves us with releasing swarms of nano-cutters that are programed to hunt down and kill anyone who matches a target profile.
Link
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Jul 19 2007, 09:11 PM)
...Slobodan Milošević' did this in the 1990s.  He called it Ethnic Cleansing.

No one remembers the Armenians.

~J

QUOTE ("Vizzini")
...classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia
Lazerface
As Russel Peters likes to say, "White people aren't that racist. They hate people from other countries. In India we hate people from other provinces."

"Hi, where are you from? Over there? Go away you stupid bastard."
fistandantilus4.0
You know, if you had subsititued any other race for whites in this thread, you probably would have had a lot more negative feedback, which really is just a tad wrong. Either way, threads on racial bias, or especailly genocide, especially supporting genocide as "awesome" even in the game context, really don't belong here. Neither does the term Cracker. Really to many people it's probably just as offensive as a slew of other racist terms. Either way, this thread is done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012