Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Augmentation ISBN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sterling
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I just got off the phone with my local Barnes and Noble and they couldn't locate the new (ISBN 0-9792047-7-1) Augmentation book in their system.

They did pull up the old Augmentation book with the release date of December 2006, but that sounds like the old pre-Catalyst Game Labs info from FanPro.

I'm interested in getting a copy as soon as it comes out, but I don't understand why there's nothing in the system that could allow me to preorder (which means the local B&N would order a copy at least).

Has anyone had problems preordering it?
Jaid
it's pretty soon after the changeover. probably they just haven't gotten the word out yet to all the distributers or whatever =S
Sterling
QUOTE (Jaid)
it's pretty soon after the changeover. probably they just haven't gotten the word out yet to all the distributers or whatever =S

I agree with you, the problem is I read the Barnes and Noble employee the ISBN which I found on the Augmentation sellsheet, which was last updated June 13th. I thought they used those things to inform the booksellers about upcoming product, but I have never worked in a bookstore.
Ophis
Surely it shoud have a 13 digit isbn...
That could be the problem. Sorry I work in a bookshop.
Sterling
QUOTE (Ophis)
Surely it shoud have a 13 digit isbn...
That could be the problem. Sorry I work in a bookshop.

I quoted the guy the ISBN-10 and ISBN-13, and he indicated the ISBN-13 wasn't the one they use to order books with.. but I admit it's easily possible I was talking to someone who might not know how to use the ordering system correctly.
Adam
We're still working at getting set up with the major book chains, which are a lot more stringent about ordering specs and whatnot than the hobby distributors are.
Sterling
QUOTE (Adam)
We're still working at getting set up with the major book chains, which are a lot more stringent about ordering specs and whatnot than the hobby distributors are.

Okay, good to know. I was concerned about not being able to get the book ASAP, I'm happy to hear it's being worked on.

Thanks for the reply!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012