Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Johnny Spinrad
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wakshaani
Where did he first pop up? I know that he was turned from an offhanded comment to an actual character thanks to Europe, but, where did he first get mentioned?
Synner
Now there's a story... to the best of my knowledge the first references to Spinrad actually appeared in Shadowtech (see the colour plates). There were also a couple of mentions in the Seattle Intelligencer handouts at the back of two first edition adventures - the most famous of which had him "buying" Monaco. Then he vanished from canon.

During the development of SoE, one of our french authors came up with the idea of reintroducing Johnny and being a bit of a fan of obscure characters I kind of got carried away. The Lofwyr chapter of DotSW reintroduced the character and updated his backstory, Shadows of Europe built on that, and there's been developments since hidden away in a bunch of books from Loose Alliances to Augmentation. We also had a biography posted on the official website for a while but I haven't seen it for a while.
Wakshaani
I rmemebered that he'd gone from a rather obscure background guy to a modern fully fleshed-out sort, but I didn't have the details.

I'm going to have to go back and take a peek at a few things, it seems.

Mmm, research!
JongWK
Ask and you shall receive. cool.gif

There's this story too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012