Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will this revolutionize explosives?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pallantides
http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,1...html?ESRC=eb.nl

I'm trying to think of applications and stats as I'm typing this.... damn, could bring a whole new world to the portability and lethality of explosives.
Moon-Hawk
Ex-Ex ammo!
Ophis
Power Throw...

That is all.
Slump
That is too cool.
Kyoto Kid
...Leela wants some. Ohh, how devious she could be with this stuff. biggrin.gif
ronin3338
They briefly mentioned protecting troops... I wonder if this could pave the way for a more advanced ablative armor. Wouldn't require a sophisticated sensor to detect incoming rounds, the shaped charge would just detonate with the impact...

'Course, I can picture replacing fence posts with RM, and watching the explosion chain react all the way around a corp enclave smile.gif
Slump
That would be fun, but I think I'd be looking for RM caltrops. If you step on them with unprotected feet, it hurts, but if you protect your feet (metal soles on your shoes or roll over them in a vehicle), they explode.

Replace manhole covers for quick exits (shoot the thing for a quick distraction, or to just open it very, very quickly).

Lots of interesting uses, I think.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Slump)
That would be fun, but I think I'd be looking for RM caltrops. If you step on them with unprotected feet, it hurts, but if you protect your feet (metal soles on your shoes or roll over them in a vehicle), they explode.

Wow. That's....really unstable.
FrankTrollman
It's just a thermite warhead. I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

RMs generally consist of powdered metals, such as aluminum or titanium, combined with an oxidizing agent. Whether that agent is another powdered metal or a nonmetallic compound, such as Teflon, contact alone isn't enough to trigger an explosion. A powerful impact, however, will chemically mix the materials, igniting them and leading to a massive shock wave.

Yeah. Aluminum + Rust + Fire = Hilarity. It always has. The only inovation here is firing bullets with enough force behind them to ignite the Aluminum on impact.

-Frank
Kagetenshi
Depends on how much fire. Aluminum + rust + fire in insufficient quantities (and by "quantity" I mean "temperature") = boredom.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012