Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TV Show with Shadowrun steal-potential
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eugene
No one's mentioned this yet, so I figured I had to. There's a new show on USA called "Burn Notice," about a spy who's been fired and for some reason being kept in Miami. They want him alive, but in one spot so he's easy to watch. Anyway, to make $$ he uses his spy knowledge to help people out - and usually runs into mafia, drug runners, and the like. At the same time he's trying to find out more about why he was fired and keep his surveyors occupied.

Anyway, it's great fun IMHO; interesting characters and a lot of plots Shadowrun players and GMs will enjoy/"borrow". Some nice tips for runners, too, on how to go about your business. Plus Bruce Campbell is a supporting cast member!

In the US, the episodes show Thursdays at 10. It's about halfway through its season already (new shows every week), but they're self contained enough that you won't feel lost. It's also done well enough that it's already been picked up for a new season, so I imagine it'll soon be available on DVD through Netflix or whatever.
Ranneko
Yeah, Burn Notice has been a rather fun show to watch. Of course, it's steal potential has shifted a bit since I have been attempting to get other friends to watch it, some of whom are part of my gaming group.
ronin3338
I love this show! Especially watching him cobble together surveillance devices on the cheap... like McGuyver at a shopping mall.

Glad to hear it's up for a new season, and yes, it is chock full of run ideas... Maybe I should have saved the episodes I recorded...
PBTHHHHT
It has been mentioned in passing in another topic. I should know, I mentioned it. wink.gif

Good show, I enjoyed the little comments here and there, such as the knife fight commentary.
ronin3338
Heh, "great minds..." and all that, eh?

I love the commentary too, especially the dry humor...

"That's why I like bathrooms, lots of hard surfaces..."
Marwynn
Okay, I'm enjoying this one too. I'm thinking Face / Adept already with Zippy One Liners and Funny Factoids as knowledge skills.

Very cool.
TheMadDutchman
I mentioned it about a month ago in a Shadowrun in the media thread.

It is awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012