Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radar Scanner / Ultrasound and others..
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
OK, I have the following on one runner - lets call him Radar for simplicity.

Cyberlimb with the following
Radar Scanner 4
Cyberware Scanner 4
Orientation System
Ultrasound sensor

He also has a second cyberarm with a cyberhand drone
MAD Scanner 3
Cyberware Scanner 6
Motion Sensor

Additional Ware
Attention Co-Processor 3
Reception Enhancers 3

Now, what bonuses would he actually get?
+6 for perception ware and a less negative adds for ultrasound, but what about the others?

Would the combination of the radar, motion sensor, cyberware scanners and all reveal almost anything to him?

He would basically:
See through people
See all their clothing
See all their loose gear
See all their weapons
See all cyberware
See through concrete walls

And he would have a radar HUD that tells him of possible movements around him and the ability to track people within 100 meters.
PlatonicPimp
Sounds good. He sees all those things. Tell the character what he sees. What else do you want?
Gelare
QUOTE (PlatonicPimp)
Sounds good. He sees all those things. Tell the character what he sees. What else do you want?

Yeah, it's true. There is kind of a ridiculous number of ways for characters to improve their pathetic little meat senses. Enjoy.
KarmaInferno
Now, make it so he can't turn off any of his new senses, put him in a complex maze with plenty of clutter to trip on, and tell him he needs to get out of the maze in 90 seconds or it will blow up.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PlatonicPimp)

Well since I'm the one who would be playing him I was just wondering what I could claim that I see.

It makes for an interesting concept as the sensors/radars would probably be customizable to edit out things you dont want to see.

The drawback would be the following.

Radar & Cyberware scanners would probably show up on drone sensors as their basic sensors are a form of radar, unless the user chooses to use passive radar and listen for drones (would probably be effective as well).

Ultrasound would be from several sources of the character.

This could be a disadvantage, but the added benefits of seeing everything and increased ability to handle all that sensory data is well worth it.
The Jopp
QUOTE (KarmaInferno)
Now, make it so he can't turn off any of his new senses, put him in a complex maze with plenty of clutter to trip on, and tell him he needs to get out of the maze in 90 seconds or it will blow up.

biggrin.gif

Would be simple. The radar would pick out a map and he would use the Orientation system to map it out and the Wallspace program to create a nice AR trideo map without unneeded clutter.
KarmaInferno
I was more referring to the humor inherent in trying to maneuver a complex path at speed when everything around you appears semi-transparent.

Keep your logic out of my humor, dammit.

Toss in some of the Intuition test enchancing yummyness, some of the nice things in Augmentation and you can add IIRC about +3 dice to Intuition based tests,,,ie Perception.

Yea so what you have the personality of wet boot, but heck you see alot of things. biggrin.gif
Buster
You might be able to save some money/capacity/essence on a couple of things. You could dump the millimeter wave radar (cyberware scanner) because the radar sensor does the same job, or did you want the higher rating of the seperate millimeter wave radar in your hand? Also you could get rid of the ultrasound sensor since the radar sensor does the same thing, or were you worried about jamming?
Ted Stewart
*Boggle* And I thought my character went overboard on perception mods.

The way that I play it on my character is that I can only handle one form of input at a time. If I'm using ultrasonic, then I'm not using low light or thermooptic. However, I do have my sensor set to passive and it will tell me if it encounters an ultrasonic source (I'm covert ops, so knowing there's an active ultrasonic sensor around the corner is important).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012