Smashing Blow
Improved Physical Attribute : Body 6
Improved Physical Attribute : Agility 4
Improved Physical Attribute : Strength 8
Improved Physical Attribute : Reaction 5
Mystic Armor 10
Natural Immunity 8

Metamagics:
Regeneration (Spirit Power learned as a Metamagic)
Masking (Cannot be used when angry)
Shielding

Active Skills:
Athletics Group 2
Outdoors Group 1
Stealth Group 3
Unarmed Combat 2
First Aid 4
Medicine 6
Influence Group 4
Intimidation 4
Counterspelling 6

Knowledge Skills
Biology 5
Physiology 5
Neurology 5
Chemistry 4
Body Builder Poses (Performance Skill) 4

Native Language: English

Language Skills
Grunting 4

Dr. David Banner: physician; scientist. Searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all humans have. Then an accidental overdose of gamma radiation interacts with his unique magical ability. And now when David Banner grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs. The creature is driven by rage and pursued by an investigative reporter.
An accidental explosion took the life of a fellow scientist and supposedly David Banner as well. The reporter thinks the creature was responsible. A murder which David Banner can never prove he or the creature didn't commit. So he must let the world go on thinking that he, too, is dead, until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him.

What more is there to say, really.

Edits: Edits made to greatly increase his durability
Ancient History
Hulk smash puny metahumans! Hulk demand metamagics!
mfb
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Melanin Control (Only green)

actually, he can do grey, too. also, enthralling peformance?
odinson
Mystic adept? His only appears to have one magic not divided two ways and he lacks any sort of spellcasting. why not just a straight up phys ad.
Big D
Hmmm. For a more shadowy flavor, how about Hulk the CZ experiment gone wrong or Hulk the failed ally possession (or insect inhabitation) attempt?

Any of the above would, among other things, give Hulk very nice hardened armor, and likely very little in the way of higher consciousness while puny Banner's mind was buried under Hulk's.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (mfb)
actually, he can do grey, too. also, enthralling peformance?

Apparently, no one is able to act when Bixby/Ferrigno Hulk does this pose.

And Bixby/Ferrigno Hulk was never grey.

Odinson, for the Toxic Mentor spirit. But I should proabably give him COunterspelling, as well.

Big D, I think this works best for Bixby/Ferrigno Hulk, though I did consider the possession angle. Immunity to Normal Weapons would be useful for him, however.

Unfortunately, the comic book Hulk, possessing enough physical strength to punch the Earth to death and rip the fabric of reality itself, is a bit overpowered for SR.
odinson
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Unfortunately, the comic book Hulk, possessing enough physical strength to punch the Earth to death and rip the fabric of reality itself, is a bit overpowered for SR.

Weren't those relatively recent comics. You could make him a tripple digit initiate and then with enough critical strike and smashing blows this would be doable.
Critias
Don't you mean "Robert Bruce Banner?"
Eleazar
QUOTE (odinson @ Aug 15 2007, 12:19 AM)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Aug 15 2007, 12:13 AM)

Weren't those relatively recent comics. You could make him a tripple digit initiate and then with enough critical strike and smashing blows this would be doable.

If I remember correctly the Hulk has an almost unlimited strength. It is dependent upon how angry he is. I think this character build needs more strength. He would most certainly be the strongest being alive, and these stats don't reflect that. It is difficult because Banner himself is going to be average, yet the Hulk is so strong. Really it would be like a Troll base character with these adept powers. A troll doesn't properly represent Banner though.
the_dunner
Nice tribute to the 70's TV show. smile.gif I particularly like the enthralling performance touch. rotfl.gif
Ed_209a
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Aug 15 2007, 12:13 AM)
...and rip the fabric of reality itself...

Wha? Oh my, Comic writers need to lay off the magic mushrooms.

Nice TV Hulk, BTW.
KarmaInferno
Well, he hasn't done any reality ripping yet, to be fair.

But the current comic arc has him angrier than he's ever been in his entire history.

And his anger right now is focused on some of the Earth's most prominent heroes.

Thus the name of the arc, "World War Hulk".

The grey Hulk has been officially named "Mr Fix-It" for his time spend as a Vegas mob enforcer.
The 'Hulk Smash' version is the widely-accepted 'normal' Hulk.
There was a time when Banner's personality was in charge of the Hulk's body, which soon became nick-named "The Professor".
Then there is the balding, white-haired & bearded tyrant of a possible-future Earth where the Hulk murdered all the heroes & became "The Maestro".

But from what I can tell now, in the current series ("Planet Hulk/World War Hulk"), this is "Warlord Hulk". Intelligent, but majorly pissed off (if you've read Planet Hulk, you know why).
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Critias)

Not for the TV show Hulk. He was David Bruce Banner there (according to his tombstone, anyway).
Patrick Goodman
Interesting (and fairly accurate, to my memory) accounting of the TV Hulk, of which I have some fond memories.

There has to be a way to drop his Logic and maybe raise his Intuition when he transforms...hmmmmmm. {wanders off to ponder some things}
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman)
QUOTE (Critias @ Aug 15 2007, 06:41 AM)

Not for the TV show Hulk. He was David Bruce Banner there (according to his tombstone, anyway).

According to Stan Lee, the studio changed the name in the TV series because they they thought "Bruce" sounded like a gay man's name.

Better not tell Mr. Campbell that.

biggrin.gif

They didn't insert "Bruce" as his middle name til quite a bit later in the series run.

QUOTE (KarmaInferno)
They didn't insert "Bruce" as his middle name til quite a bit later in the series run.

Go watch the pilot again. His gravestone is (rather mysteriously, as I recall) right next to Dr. Elaina Marks' grave, and clearly identifies him as David Bruce Banner.

That I can remember this after not having seen the pilot in, oh, 20-odd years kind of frightens me....
KarmaInferno
Huh. I guess my memory's going downhill.

Where am I again?

Not sure. You are a moving target after all...
Patrick Goodman
So, I don't have my books with me at the moment. Explain to me again, in short simple words, why he needs the mentor spirit. I can't see a good reason for it off the top of my head, either in terms of character development or stats.
Jaid
on a side note, i'm pretty sure you have to have at least 1 point of magic devoted towards spellcasting to have counterspelling.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman)
There has to be a way to drop his Logic and maybe raise his Intuition when he transforms...hmmmmmm. {wanders off to ponder some things}

Cognition metamagic, pg 55 in Street Magic cool.gif
TheMadDutchman
It is David Bruce Banner

You Tube
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (TheMadDutchman)
It is David Bruce Banner

You Tube

Only in the television show, as has been pointed out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012