Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question on Submersion
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zolhex
Ok so I know Unwired is not going to be out till next year hopfully early but I have a question for now concerning those new rules we have yet to see.

My question is this Submersion is equal to Initiation the 10 + (grade x 3) so will there be groups and ordeals for technomancers?

If so cool but now another question could you tell us will the group discount be the same as for initiation?

I ask for this as I don't think it is that big of a give away where as telling us the ordeals seem like a much bigger rules thing that should be maybe wait till the book is out.

At the least this would allow my players the option of reduceing some of the karma costs for submersion.

YES I understand if you have to say something allong the lines of no comment.

In which case I'll just have to go with my own read on the rules that groups give a 20% discount to submersion grades like magical groups do for initiation.

But hey something offical would be cool.

Thanks for any thoughts on this topic
Trigger
I have kind of house-ruled it in, the groups and ordeals and such, so it works like initiation. What I have been working on too, which I hope comes with Unwired, is Ally Sprites biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
...this should have been dealt with in Emergence. However, even with reduced cost for submersion it still does not reduce the cost of improving resonance which makes TMs worse karma hogs than mages since they can't compensate to have more IPs in the meat world without seriously compromising their primary ability.

At least Otaku could benefit from ware without messing with their abilities.
MITJA3000+
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...this should have been dealt with in Emergence. However, even with reduced cost for submersion it still does not reduce the cost of improving resonance which makes TMs worse karma hogs than mages since they can't compensate to have more IPs in the meat world without seriously compromising their primary ability.

At least Otaku could benefit from ware without messing with their abilities.

True. I'm seriously hoping that Unwired gives technomancers a big boost so they wouldn't be so bad. I'm not sure what that could be though.
Moon-Hawk
How about an echo (as I imagine the technomancer "metamagics" will be named) that lets them ignore 1 point of essence loss for purposes of calculating Resonance. This echo can be taken up to 6 times.
That might help them out a bit, without being too powerful and without contradicting anything in the core book.
neko128
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
How about an echo (as I imagine the technomancer "metamagics" will be named) that lets them ignore 1 point of essence loss for purposes of calculating Resonance. This echo can be taken up to 6 times.
That might help them out a bit, without being too powerful and without contradicting anything in the core book.

Limiting it to 6 times seems superfluous. If they take it more than six times, they'd still have to have a base essence higher than 6 to survive it.
PlatonicPimp
Or be a cyberzombie- except that beinga cyberzombie gives you a magic of 1, which would kill your technomancery.
Moon-Hawk
Yeah, that was kind of a tongue-in-cheek add-on, 'cause see, you can't have more than 6 essence, but you already know that. (as I knew you did)
Although, if I have serious intentions to publish my divine works I should be more precise in my language, lest all the shape-shifter technomancers unite against me in their outrage.
Change it to "multiple times", if it bothers you that much. wink.gif
Blog
I think a technomancer would be a different flavor of cyberzombie altogether. More like the spirit is more in the matrix then in the meat and something from the deep resonance is doing a piggyback back to the body.

"The hive commands me construct a cube, and use only green lighting!"

My GM pretty much took the mage rules and converted them to make the home-brew technomancer i'm playing. It has its good and bad features.
I end up having an actual use for my money, as I need to get components to register sprites. Now if I only had the karma to pay for everything I want to upgrade... Including those 'foci' and 'ally sprites' (^.^)b

Back on topic. Given that the submersion rules are very very similar to the mage initiation; It should be safe to use them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012