Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My SR Gallery
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kyoto Kid
...OK for those who have asked in the past, I finally posted a number of my old SR sketches to Deviant Art. Some are roughs that were done during gaming sessions so please don't throw any plascrete bricks, thanks.

This first set is of my namesake KK through the years (all the way back to SR I). There will be more forthcoming so stay tuned.

I won't put links to each individual pic here for that is a bit too cumbersome so instead here's a link to my gallery.

Enjoy.

KK's Gallery
Kyoto Kid
...just a note, I am not taking requests at this time. Many of the works I have posted are from years past before advancing arthritis made it difficult to draw (though I feel owe both Squinky and Holy Champion something for all the nice work they have done with my characters).

I am working with vector graphics and graphics workshop programmes and have recently picked up a trackball controller (finer control than a mouse for me & easier on the hands than a stylus pad). So, yes there will be some new, "new" art coming down the line.
holychampion
COOL! Can't wait. I've been wondering...since u're doing graphics and coloring? Any chance of a collaboration?
Kyoto Kid
...a distinct possibly, need a bit more time though. As you may have seen, I have been playing with The Gimp since I downloaded it (hence the sepia toning to several of the pictures and the "cleanup" done on the old character sheet one). Last night I experimented with a couple more filters & found one that really enhances light pencils without destroying the line quality.

I will be posting a couple later tonight (including a redux of the Munchmausen pic - looks a lot better). Being able to do the post scan processing at home really cuts down the cost a lot. For 12 images that I scanned, I only spent about 10 min computer time at Kinkos. That is about the cost of one pint of "good" beer at happy hour prices. Yeah I can live with that for now, though it would be more convenient if I could still do the scans at home.

I also combined Inkscape & The Gimp to manipulate some photos as well. Unfortunately as I did not shoot the images, I cannot post them out of respect for copyright.
Hocus Pocus
hots
fistandantilus4.0
Great pics KK. I especially like the KK SR IV and the drone in the Leela pic. Good work man.
SinN
Yeah man I agree. Great job, let us know when you get some more up, savvy?
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Great pics KK. I especially like the KK SR IV and the drone in the Leela pic. Good work man.

...thank you very much. I like your work as well & would love to see more.

...and there is more to come. The next group SR works will be relating to little Leela including the one I did when she was still a PC and one of her as a happy carefree young girl before the fateful attack on Zagreb that forever changed her life.

And to all, much gratitude for all the comments. I wish there really were such a thing as enhanced articulation so I could get back to doing the two things I really love, drawing and music. beret.gif

[edit]

BTW uploaded a couple more pics though these are from the Game that shall not be mentioned (yeah, I still play it). However, there is a better version of the Munchmausen sketch.
Ryu
Let me place a shameless plug for the deviant account of my girlfriend:

http://7outof13.deviantart.com/gallery/

(She prefers fantasy games (or did until 4th ed), so donĀ“t expect very SR specific contend).
Kyoto Kid
...I've seen her work before, pretty nice.
adamu
KK - add me to your fan list.

Best SR art I've seen for a long time, both technically and conceptually. I kept on clicking buttons hoping there was more on another page that I was somehow missing.
Kyoto Kid
...hang tight, there will be more by week's end. I will be uploading a number of pics relating to my little piano playing demolitionist Leela. and a fun little sketch I did while writing KK's backstory that I recently found.

Like Trigger mentioned on his thread, I also do not have a working scanner at home so I have to take art to Kinko's for scanning after work. I do however now have graphics software so I don't have to waste time on their computers (at 18$ an hour) to do post scan processing.
DuckEggBlue Omega
I hate talented people, with their stupid talent and being good at stuff.
Kyoto Kid
...BTW more new art just added...

Some not SR related but hey, can't be perfect all the time...

KK's Gallery
Kyoto Kid
...added my take on Violet (I still really like Squinky's better) and the twin Fubuki wielding Death Blossom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012