Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rule Clarification
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Xel
Hey guys,
Quick rule clarification question - for summoned spirits to use powers such as "Accident", it is my understanding that they must actually be materialized if their target is a physical being (read: pretty much anyone who isn't astrally perceiving). Is this true? If not, where in the rules does it explain what may be done in the physical world when NOT materialized? (My understanding is pretty much no interaction other than speaking when manifesting, but nothing more unless materialized).

Thanks,
--Xel
Fortune
A Spirit can use his Powers on the summoner without leaving the Astral.
Zhan Shi
For the most part, a being on one plane can't affect beings on another. For example, a spirit could only attack characters on the physical plane if

1. it materialized/inhabited/possesed

2. a character is astraly active (astarl sight, projecting, dual natured)
darthmord
I believe that Physical Powers (Guard, Accident, etc) require the spirit to be on the Physical Plane to activate them. Once active, the spirit could then revert back to Astral and sustain them.

It talks about that in Street Magic in the section about Services (~ pg 92 or so).

Things like Drain soaking, Aid Study, etc can all be done through the summoner - spirit link since they don't require physical plane presence.
Fortune
QUOTE (darthmord)
I believe that Physical Powers (Guard, Accident, etc) require the spirit to be on the Physical Plane to activate them. Once active, the spirit could then revert back to Astral and sustain them.

I was sure that a Spirit does not need to Materialize to use its Powers on the summoner himself, but I just can't find the damn rule anywhere. frown.gif
Zhan Shi
page 176, SR4:

"While in astral form, spirits can only perform services that affect the astral plane or that directly affect their summoner through the magical link between them."
Fortune
You da man! biggrin.gif
Zhan Shi
You're very welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012