Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Failure Redux
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zhan Shi
I asked Rob about this after reading SF. My personal theory is that Collotan was a member of NR, and betrayed her cronies, and assasinated her boss. It was UCAS troops who pulled the trigger, and I suspect the person they were communicating with was Colloton.

BTW, I asked him when this plot thread might be resolved. He said "No idea."
Demonseed Elite
You are not the only one who has had a similar theory.

I have no idea on "resolving" that plot thread, but I'd love more opportunities to use Colloton while she's president.
mfb
yeah, the fact that she used the Tree of Liberty quote pretty well cinches it. i'm not a big fan of her having used that quote, to be honest--it's like wearing a gigantic neon sign that has been lit on fire, which reads "I AM A MEMBER OF THE NEW REVOLUTION".
Zhan Shi
On a similar note, I was dissapointed about the 5 year leap in time. Opening the new rulebook and reading, "Oh, by the way, Saito was kicked out of CFS, a good chunk of SoCal was submerged in the Pacific, Nadia Daviar dissappeared without a trace, the Draco Foundation with her", etc. It was so...unsatisfying. I wish fanpro had done an interim plot book to cover the bases, something like an expanded "Wake of the Comet" book.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Zhan Shi)
I wish fanpro had done an interim plot book to cover the bases, something like an expanded "Wake of the Comet" book.

In fact, FanPro D once announced an adventure book that would've covered the 2065*-2070 gap from a German POV but that book never appeared.
And with Fanpro no longer being the SR licensee...

* The German System Failure was released not as the last SR3 book but as the first SR4 book and contained some additional AGS-centered information set in 2065.
Fortune
QUOTE (Zhan Shi)
... the Draco Foundation with her ...

The DF hasn't gone anywhere.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Zhan Shi)

It's worth keeping in mind that now Aina is running the show, too.
Zhan Shi
Ah, yes. I meant to say that the DF has become much less visible. BTW, I understand that there's a german language SOX book. Any chance of that seeing print in english?
Rotbart van Dainig
There's a french version, too. And like most german stuff, there most likely will never be an international version.
Zhan Shi
Damn. Guess I'll have to make do with "Target: Wastelands" and extrapolate from there.
Rotbart van Dainig
Actually, the resulting setting might make more sense than the one described in SOX... indifferent.gif
JongWK
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
You are not the only one who has had a similar theory.

I have no idea on "resolving" that plot thread, but I'd love more opportunities to use Colloton while she's president.

There's always the tricentennial...
Zhan Shi
Newsflash...on SR4.com, it says that the SOX book will be in english, albeit in PDF form only.
Rotbart van Dainig
Meh, poor joke.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Aug 28 2007, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (Zhan Shi)

It's worth keeping in mind that now Aina is running the show, too.

One might question the wisdom of placing an avid blood magic user and confirmed Horror-'Ho in charge of an organization whose secret goals are, ostensibly, to protect the world from the abuse of blood magic and the coming Horrors.
silly.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Know thine enemy. She's backed off the blood magic considerably. I would assume even more so after that mess at Crater Lake.
Rotbart van Dainig
Well, her unique expertise in said area makes her the natural choice for the job, doesn't it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012