Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BotP - The Price of Knowledge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
fistandantilus4.0
Heat washes over Eyes as a large glowing gray fire elemental manifests behind him, and moves to engulf him.
Trigger
Oh frag me, I am not being paid enough to deal with this drek...

Eyes whirls on the elemental, dodging to the right to keep himself from being pinned between the spirit and the door, as well as pulling his long coat close around himself, the woven in elemental resistant material is best defense against the being of fire. Readying a manabolt in his mind, Eyes throws his hand out at the spirit, mana coalescing at the point of the spirit.

[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
The fire elemental pounces at Eyes, as much as a fire elemental can pounce, moving through the physical space between the two faster than most unwired beings can move, as well as come wired beings. Somehow though Eyes ducks and dodges past the engulfing grasp of the spirit, throwing his right hand out at the being of condensed mana, causing a rift to form in the spirit's essence, a manabolt in it's side.
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

The elemental roars in rage and pain as the mana bolt nearly tears apart it's manifested essense. It lashes out with it's whole body, throwing off a sheet of gray glowing flame at Eyes, roaring in fury.

[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
[ Spoiler ]

The intense gray flames roll over Eyes, licking at his long coat as he pulls it up over his face to protect himself from the heat. The fire resistant threading woven throughout the coat keep out most of the flames but still some of them find his hands, arms, and legs, scorching his clothing and singeing his skin.

I fragging hate fire spirits...
fistandantilus4.0

Initiative
Trigger
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
Ducking back away from the spirit, Eyes unleashes another manabolt into the spirit, tearing away more and more of the essence that makes up the body of the creature. "Take that you deranged Zippo mutation."

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
The torrent of raw mana tears into the manifestedspirit, destroying it's essence, banishing it back to it's native plane. The fire .... falls losing magical strength that gave it a cohesive form, and lands on the walkway, nearly going out.
Trigger
Wiping the sweat from his reddened brow, Eyes hurries over to the hotel door, pounding his fist on the obstruction. "Now that wasn't very nice at all Gregory, not at all. Now have about you let me in and we can talk about this calmly, like adult wizards."

Eyes draws his Hammerli in his right hand, keeping it at his side unobtrusively while using his left hand to go through the motions of a spell, letting the enhancing effects settle into his nerve system, his reactions sharpening with the flowing mana. As the spell settles, Eyes connects the weave to his pocketwatch focus, letting it sustain the spell instead of himself.

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
There is no response from within, however, the glowing gray flames begin nipping at Eye's ankles, as the remains of the elemental begin devouring the wooden porch, and the wall where the blast of fire hit.
Trigger
Fraggidy frag frag

Eyes steps away from the crawling flames, kicking some away and down with his shoes. Checking to make sure the silencer is still on his gun, Eyes levels it at the lock, taking the time to aim before firing the light pistol, the little reticle on his glasses zooming in the lock as his gun zones in on it.

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Eyes blows away the door knob, the ngive sthe door a quick kick, more to keep his feet away from the still growing flames than anything else. A quick glance inside reveals no immediate enemies, and he moves inside before the flames decide his pants would be a logical next step.

Looking around, he sees the main room of a decently sized suite. There's a couch with a coffee table, a small kitchen area, a bathroom, and a pair of bedrooms. The place looks lived in, but not quite dirty. There are a few boxes of take out on the counter, and a small box or two in one corner, but no sign of the conjurer yet.
Trigger
Stepping into the room cautiously and moving into a corner that will allow him line of sight to all other doors in the room, Eyes extends his mental voice to the astral plane, to an old spirit of man that he has used many times in the past. 'Bob, hey Bob, get your ass down here, I need your help again.' Weaving his free hand in quick circles, he coalesces the ambient mana of the room around his fist and throws it into the center of the room. It splashes and forms into a humanoid shape, the spiritual vessel for Bob outside of his home metaplane.

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Trigger
Good to see you Bob, glad you could make it to the party. Eyes projects to the forming spiritual body in the center of the room, a tall, slim, well dressed spirit of man, Bob.

If I didn't know better Eyes, I would say that looks like you are breaking and entering into someone's hotel room. Bob mentally speaks, with sarcasm simply dripping from his thoughts in Eyes' mind.

No time for laws right now Bob. Go peek your head into that bedroom over there and if you see anyone, stunbolt 'em till they ain't moving no more.

Eyes leans back for a second, holding his breath as the spirit follows his command and heads into the bedroom.

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
The bedroom door is open, as is the window out of it. Looking out side, Eyes sees a gray haired man that could very well be his quarry running off into the trees.
Trigger
YOU MOTHER FRAGGIN' DREKHEAD!!!!! screams the voice in Eyes' head. Bob, after that guy. he commands as he makes his way out of the window and starts to hobble after the feeling Gregory, his left leg almost dragging uselessly behind him.

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
The fleeing man turns quicking, throwing his hands up in a warding gesture. The powerful bolt still blasts thruogh his defenses, throwing him to the ground. He hits hard, not moving.
Trigger
Thank the spirits, I really didn't want to have to chase this fragger through the woods.

Eyes limps his way over to the still body in the grass, keeping up his mental defenses as he approaches. As he approaches he starts to look the body over, first physically and then with his sight. I sure as hell hope he is the right guy.

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Eyes rolls over the man, and he growns, still concious. He doesn't resist however. He looks up at Eyes, having a hard time comcentrating, and looking as if he jsut went five rounds with a professional boxer. It is indeed Gregory. He looks mostly confused, and frightened. His aura matches that as well. He seems to be in good health, showing as varying hues of gray across his astral form. He has no spells sustained.

Eyes feels a sudden sharp pang as Bob is disrupted. Whilring to look around, he sees Rebecca Grayheart, Gregory's sister, his employer , standing some hundred feet around, at the corner of the building. She's smiling pleasantly.

"Thank you for tracking my brother down Mr Maphee. I'll take him from here. I took the liberty of bringing along the rest of your pay.Call it an even thousand, and perhaps ... dinner later?" She holds out an envelope, presumably filled with cash.

"But now my brother and I have somethings we ned to talk about, don't we Gregory. If you'll excuse us Mr Maphee..."

The gray sky above flares as Grayheart summons a spirit, a large and terribly
blood red spirit in the form of a wounded man, covered in blood. It hovers in the air before her for a moment, and moves towards the fallen Gregory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012