Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Real Life Incident
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zen Shooter01
http://www.kpho.com/news/13996055/detail.html

This is interesting.
Kyoto Kid
...one hundred and fraggin eleven degrees? (glad I don't live there).

...oh yeah, the story.

Interesting indeed, especially if this is actually being done from overseas & they are hacking the local security cameras.

Then again probably just some Oxford hooligans out for a bit of funning.
Adarael
Yeah, Pheonix blows. Period.
DTFarstar
In northwest Alabama we had about 10 or so triple digit heat days(usually heat index was 108-115) in a row about a week ago. Oh, yeah, and the humidity here is like 90%+ so uh..... I would love to live in Pheonix. Dry heat is SO much better than wet heat.

Chris
Jaid
for the record, having spent time in Las Vegas, i would prefer 110 degrees and no humidity over 80 degrees and high humidity.

quite frankly, dry heat isn't nearly as misery-inducing as humid heat...
Adarael
This is true.

Me, I refuse to live anywhere but high in the mountains or by large bodies of water. As I have it now, I live on a hill by Puget Sound.With cold, I can always throw on more layers or use a heater. With heat, I just can't deal with it. Even SoCal was too much for me, sometimes.
kzt
QUOTE (DTFarstar)
In northwest Alabama we had about 10 or so triple digit heat days(usually heat index was 108-115) in a row about a week ago. Oh, yeah, and the humidity here is like 90%+ so uh.

Brings backs memories. I spent 9 weeks or so in this facility outside Anniston one summer. God it was hot and muggy. We used to march out in the morning and slowly stroll back in the afternoon. But we only had one guy go down with a heat injury as far as I know, so it could have been worse.
odinson
Meh, thats only a bit above 40C. That temperature is about perfect even with a high humidity.
Fortune
QUOTE (odinson)
Meh, thats only a bit above 40C. That temperature is about perfect even with a high humidity.

Yep. Just a normal summer day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012