Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hong Kong 2070 Google Earth overlay
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Demonseed Elite
This thread inspired me to use about an hour last night to finish up the first version of a Google Earth overlay showing the Hong Kong sites from Runner Havens. Not everything is there, but most of the sites are. Grab it here and enjoy!
Dashifen
Can you explain how to use this thingy? I can get to Hong Kong on the map (which is damn cool ... I found the hotel I roomed in!) but I'm not understanding how to get the SR related materials on the screen.
Demonseed Elite
It looks a bit different on my Google Earth because I made the layout, but I think on the left, under the Places tab, you should see a folder called Temporary Places and then a file called Hong Kong 2070.kmz. Make sure that is checked and you should see the place locations.
Demonseed Elite
What's also cool is to keep the Geographic Web option checked under the Layers tab. Then you can see current-day pictures taken near the various Shadowrun locales, which can be good for inspiration.
Dashifen
Never mind. I opening it with google earth automatically rather than saving it to my desktop and that seems to have worked far better. This is pretty damn cool. Are there any other SR related overlays for Google Earth? Denver and Seattle seem like good candidates.
Dashifen
I'm just loving the re-exploring the city. Thanks, DE.
Demonseed Elite
A few Dumpshockers put together overlays for Seattle and the Chicago Containment Zone, which can be found here. I'm not sure if the Seattle one includes locales from Runner Havens, or if it's just based on the earlier material.
Backgammon
Where do I have to put the file so that it shows up in my google earth?
Demonseed Elite
I think you just have to save it to your computer somewhere and then open it with Google Earth. Then it should show up in your Places tab, probably under the Temporary Places.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012