Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taser Wall
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ludomastro
A quick search did not turn this up, so I thought that I would share. The Taser™ folks have an area denial weapon that would be fun to put in high security rooms for nasty GMs everywhere.

Video
Spark
oooh /swoon with evil glee.... my runners are gonna be a bit stiff in the am lol. But srsly yikes... being in crime just got worse. Nice vid.
Negalith
OK so it’s a modular Taser Claymore mine; Tesla could have done it better nyahnyah.gif
ludomastro
QUOTE (Negalith)
OK so it’s a modular Taser Claymore mine; Tesla could have done it better nyahnyah.gif

I was thinking non-lethal ... but yes.
Naysayer
I believe the official term is "less than lethal" or something.
But if you hand Mr. Trespasser a full serving of tasering and keep the zap up for a while, he may end up "less than alive".
Having said that, I'd think corps might use something like that. Like, at the front-desk in downtown, or in the toddler area. But for sensitive areas, they already have those charming sentinel turrets that can hose down a corridor with twin LMGs. They can even load stun rounds or those beloved shock rounds, if they wish to keep it user-friendly.

Just thought about it, and something like the taser-wall would make a nice adition to security at the local McHugh's or Stuffer Shack...

Aw, I'm rambling again...
Nychuus
I see it being of more use when a couple of these pop out of wall.

Just don't pee on it.
The Jopp
I think I’ll go with the Doberman Deterrent System (DDS) instead.

1 Doberman (Ares Alpha with Gel-rounds & Flash Bang grenades)
1 Roll of Duct Tape
4 Flash Bangs
4 Flash Packs

Duct tape flash bangs and flash packs to front,back,left and right of the hull and send it at high speed right into a formation of Runners or Guards. Have Doberman detonate all Flash bangs and flash packs with one wireless signal (signal 0) and everything around the Doberman should be taken care of.

Alternative gas grenades can be used.

Heck, in low sec areas you can just give it a Tazer instead.
Dashifen
But the video seems to indicate that it only works on ninja......
eidolon
That's pretty sweet.
Aaron
I'll see your Tazer Wall and raise you a bunch of people with wool blankets.
eidolon
QUOTE (Aaron)

And that's the story of how "wool blankets" became the ten foot pole of Shadowrun.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Aaron)

...ok so it won't be as effective in the UK and Scotland... grinbig.gif

...but I do like it for those modern day murder holes.
Dashifen
I'm picturing a man catcher like in the movie Sneakers with this thing installed in the walls. Screw up your biometric identification and ZAP! Sure, gas would work, too, but there's less ZAP! when you're using gas, just a subtle hiss.
Kyoto Kid
...now for real sadistic fun you embed Fichettii Pain Inducers in the walls.

...ahh the Radar Range™ room.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...now for real sadistic fun you embed Fichettii Pain Inducers in the walls.

Ooooooooh. love.gif love.gif love.gif
WhiskeyMac
Did anybody check out the iRobot system? It's a treaded robot that rolls around with an attached Taser.

"This combination of capabilities will allow law enforcement, federal, and military users to employ TASER technology from an iRobot® platform at a safe distance to engage, incapacitate, and control dangerous suspects without exposing those personnel, the suspect, or bystanders to unnecessary risks." To quote the site.

Also check out the TRAD (remote camera with Taser set-up) and the XREP (stick 'n shock is real!).

http://www.taser.com/products/law/Pages/XREP.aspx
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (WhiskeyMac)
Also check out the TRAD (remote camera with Taser set-up) and the XREP (stick 'n shock is real!).

http://www.taser.com/products/law/Pages/XREP.aspx

...looking at the size, configuration, & colour already suggests a street name...

...bumble bee rounds.
KarmaInferno
Stick and Shock Lives!

biggrin.gif

<ponders loading up an AA-12 automatic shotgun with these>

...bumble bee rounds

I can see it now: "Yeah chummer, I'm loaded up with BB rounds in my shotgun." biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012