Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystic Armor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Now theres adept power mystic armor and personal version or armor as a spell but not seeing personal version of mystic armor as a spell, would seem like natural choice to stat up for main rules. Am I missing something? Seems easy enough to make with rules given in SM.
Dashifen
The only real difference between the Mystic Armor adept power and the Armor spell is the fact that the Armor spell glows. I'd just add one to the drain of the Armor spell and then rule that it doesn't glow if it's important to your games.
Prime Mover
Sorry went back and reread and my confusion comes from pg. 172 in SM. Astral Armor provides one pnt of mystic armor per hit on casting test.

Guess were I'm going with this is simply does Astral armor version of spell add dice to spell resistance ,dual being attacks,weapon foci or spirit attacks? As this would seem like personal version of area effect Mana Barrier spell. Which effects spirits,foci,dual beings and spells.

[edit]
Being in existence only on astral space guessing would effect dual natured attacks, spells on other hand? Mana Barriers that exist only on astral plane effect spells. (as per RAW)
Fortune
n/m
Glyph
It is completely unrelated to the mana barrier spell - it is an astral version of the armor spell. The description states that it protects against astral combat attacks and only works in astral space.

So you would have armor against astral combat attacks, including those made by spirits or with weapon foci, but would not have any protection against mana spells or spirit powers.

If it had said "astral attacks", you might have had a bit of weasel-room, but "astral combat attacks" is pretty specific, and there is also the fact that it is the astral version of the armor spell (which only affects attacks, not spells other than indirect combat spells, and the latter only to the extent that normal armor would).
Prime Mover
So is there anything stopping the creation of "personal" mana barrier?
Eryk the Red
Can't imagine any reason you couldn't make it. As with any manipulation spell, it requires a bit of a judgment call to determine its drain (it should be greater than Astral Armor, obviously), and the drain should be even greater if you want the barrier to protect from outside forces but not inhibit your own spells.
Glyph
QUOTE (Prime Mover)
So is there anything stopping the creation of "personal" mana barrier?

Other than the fact that you wouldn't be able to move? nyahnyah.gif

Not to mention that your spells would be reduced by your personal mana barrier's force, and that the first attack to get through it would bring it down.

Maybe what you really want is the equivalent of astral hardened armor that also protects against spells. In which case, I don't think most GMs would go for that.
Fortune
QUOTE (Glyph)
Other than the fact that you wouldn't be able to move?

Moving a Spell takes a Complex Action. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012