Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a good map
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mattvo28
Is there a updated (2070) world map?

I know there's one of North America in the core book but I'm looking for something that would give clear nation bounderies for the rest of the world.
Eurotroll
Well, I don't have maps that are entirely up to date, but I do have a complete map of the world as of 2060 that I pieced together from a PDF.

I'm not even sure where I got that file from -- must have scavenged it off the web, like the JPEG maps of Europe I have lying around here somewhere... if anyone's interested I can post those too.

(Mind you, I'm not sure just how legal it is for me to post these, so the minute someone official wants them off the web, they're gone.)
SonofaSailor
I made a couple of edits to reflect updates to north america in your map, so as far as North America is concerned its fairly accurate. I can't say I know all/any changes in the rest of the world...

World Map Circa 2070
Larsine
QUOTE (Eurotroll)
Well, I don't have maps that are entirely up to date, but I do have a complete map of the world as of 2060 that I pieced together from a PDF.

I'm not even sure where I got that file from -- must have scavenged it off the web, like the JPEG maps of Europe I have lying around here somewhere... if anyone's interested I can post those too.

(Mind you, I'm not sure just how legal it is for me to post these, so the minute someone official wants them off the web, they're gone.)

That would be from Wordmans - The Sixth World, http://rpg.divnull.com/sixthworld/ where you can still find the original maps.

Lars
NightmareX
QUOTE (SonofaSailor)
I made a couple of edits to reflect updates to north america in your map, so as far as North America is concerned its fairly accurate. I can't say I know all/any changes in the rest of the world...

World Map Circa 2070

The Middle East and all of Asia is inaccurate per Shadows of Asia. The Balkans may be inaccurate, and Africa is inaccurate per Shadows of Europe. Europe also has some inaccuracies.

We've never had complete maps of South America or Africa so it's hard to tell with those.
Draconis
QUOTE (NightmareX @ Sep 15 2007, 08:18 AM)
We've never had complete maps of South America or Africa so it's hard to tell with those.

Yes they're in the wonderful Shadows of Latin America. Heh, sorry I couldn't resist.

Seeing as our intrepid runners are in South America at the moment the lack of accurate map data is annoying.
Zhan Shi
As an aside, a fellow named Digger has done some good work correlating various Earthdawn locations to modern day counterparts. Check it out on earthdawn.com
Draconis
QUOTE (Zhan Shi)
As an aside, a fellow named Digger has done some good work correlating various Earthdawn locations to modern day counterparts. Check it out on earthdawn.com

Could you specify? I don't feel like hunting around the entire site.
Zhan Shi
In the "Forums" section. It's either "For Players" of "For Gamemasters", can't remember which. I think the title of the thread is "Barsaive Maps".
Draconis
Ya I found it. I went searching around the entire site. biggrin.gif

I notice no north or south america. Bummer.
NightmareX
QUOTE (Draconis)
Yes they're in the wonderful Shadows of Latin America. Heh, sorry I couldn't resist.

Seeing as our intrepid runners are in South America at the moment the lack of accurate map data is annoying.

Tell me about it! frown.gif Am I the only one contemplating a run on Catalyst to get that manuscript? rotfl.gif
Zhan Shi
Seconded. This is an area of the world that has been crying out for a more in depth write up. The delay with Holostreets has been a source of much frustration for me. The "Aztlan" book was good, but it's old news.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012