Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ideas on Starting a game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CrystalBlue
It's been a long time since I even looked at the books, let alone ran a game. And as much as I love to play the games, I know there aren't any games going on anywhere for me to participate in. So I'm trying to think of a game to run and hope to get a few people to play that.

I used to run 3rd edition, but that was with a group that wouldn't do runs. We won't get into how much they sucked. *sigh*

What I want to know is how to build a good low-level campaign for them to play. How should I tailor it, how much should I leave up to the PC's to decide, what types of runs are good for beginners, things like that?

Mrow...helps?
Buster
Check out the free Missions downloads on the Shadowrun4.com site. They have dozens of adventures and the series begins with starter characters.
Ophis
The Pcs are all sat in a bar and an old man bursts in and declares, "Are there any brave souls here who would resuce my family, captured by the orks of the Mines of Dread?"

Seems like a classic.

More seriously try the Missions.
FriendoftheDork
Not to shamefully promote my own campaign but... ah who am I kidding?

Check out my Life in the Barrens AAR thread (search), perhaps you'll get some ideas on starting out low and becoming shadorunners later on.

Or do the missions, you're choise.
tisoz
If they won't go to the mountain, bring the mountain to them.

Have a contact ask for help. Have opposition come to their neighborhood or break into their home.

In short, if they do not want to do runs to get ahead, make them fight to keep what little they have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012